Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE: The Savage Eye

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Theresh a FIIIIINE line between murder...and CHEEK.

The Garda sketches are brilliant. Loved the notebook & pin sketch and also the domestic dispute sketch.

DOMESTHTIC DISPUTES....Always solve themshelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Great series overall. The lord haw haw part was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭coleria

batistuta9 wrote: »
    watch the ending credits of the episode she was in & google all the female names

come on lads "There's a guard in there somewhere tryin to geh out" :D

http://www.lbmactors.com/default2.asp?active_page_id=298

FAP FAP FAP:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

Can anyone explain the Patsy, Long arm, Orangeman sketch to me? I just dont get it. I am assuming its something before my time?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Can anyone explain the Patsy, Long arm, Orangeman sketch to me? I just dont get it. I am assuming its something before my time?

I think there may have been some specific very bad amateurish norn Ire soap opera that showed some embarrassing stereotypes and the "long arm" comes from there. TBH I don't even need to know the source to enjoy it - its such a silly/true version of Taigue\Prod characteristics......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Don't think they long arm is a specific reference to anything. I think it's just a sh*t catchphrase that McSavage thought up - something along the lines of what a show like that would have had.

briany wrote: »
    Joe Duffy's supposed to be none to pleased about the John Duffy sendup, I wonder how Hector feels about his opposite? McSavage has certainly got enough mileage out of him becoming the breakout character of this series.

Hector in fairness to him had 'The water boiling quiz' on the radio the morning after so he obviously took it well and judging by this video, Sloppy....sorry i mean Pat Kenny seems to see the lighter side of it also.

Dunno what Duffys problem is to be honest. I dont think he gets that bad a doing and the radio presenter is actually called John and not Joe tbh. He is overpaid and should lighten the f*ck up.

coleria wrote: »

As Joe Duffy might say, 'Jaaaaaazzzzzusss'

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I assume it's a dig at Give my Head peace, a BBC NI comedy production, which was generally shyte. Probably a dig at Protestant vs. Catholic humour in the North vs. the South.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Dunno what Duffys problem is to be honest. I dont think he gets that bad a doing and the radio presenter is actually called John and not Joe tbh. He is overpaid and should lighten the f*ck up.

:pac::pac::pac: doesn't it it that bad, duffy gets it far worse than the other two

kennys made out to be a bit of a social retard & hector some annoying cluchie pretending to be mad craic. whereas duffy's some kinda perv getting off listening to peoples problems :D

remember this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭coleria

As Joe Duffy might say, 'Jaaaaaazzzzzusss'

Eh.......wwwwooooooowwwww eh:D

batistuta9 wrote: »
    :pac::pac::pac: doesn't it it that bad, duffy gets it far worse than the other two

kennys made out to be a bit of a social retard & hector some annoying cluchie pretending to be mad craic. whereas duffy's some kinda perv getting off listening to peoples problems :D

remember this?

Ya that was mad alrite :D but i still think Duffy should have the sense to take it as a joke in my opinion.

BTW off topic I know but while Navan isnt exactly a a huge urban jungle but since when are they considered culchies? :)
    is it just anyone outside that m50 circle thats a culchie ? maybe for south west dublin (N7) its Newlands cross or the Poitin still? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭mcgarrett

logik wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what music was played for the credits in last nights show?

Was it from "The Kings Speech".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Ya that was mad alrite :D but i still think Duffy should have the sense to take it as a joke in my opinion.

BTW off topic I know but while Navan isnt exactly a a huge urban jungle but since when are they considered culchies? :)
    is it just anyone outside that m50 circle thats a culchie ? maybe for south west dublin (N7) its Newlands cross or the Poitin still? :)

i know dubs who call people from lucan or leixlip culchies, navan's deep in bogger territory going by that :D suppose anyone outside the city for most or outside dublin if your going by gaa people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

Depends on who you're talking to. A certain type of inner-city Dubliner considers anyone living outside the two canals a culchie (which would also mean large sections of dublin suburbia), but with the urban sprawl of Dublin that occured over the last few decades, I'd say you have a lot of Dubs who have a much looser definition of the term now, probably due to subliminal guilt about having moved to the sticks themselves ;). It's all in the mind anyway. It's not like it was defined at some official academic conference or anything. And don't get me started on the much abused and misunderstood historical term "The Pale".....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Everyone in the Republic outside of Dublin is a culchie. It doesn't matter if you're from Navan, Roscommom, Cork, Kerry, Leitrim or Offaly. ;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Definately one of my favourite clips of the series. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Ya, defo one of the best this series.

The Dool & FeenyFroolies and the FeenyGroolies :D:D:D

barryd09 wrote: »
    Ya, defo one of the best this series.

The Dool & FeenyFroolies and the FeenyGroolies :D:D:D

"Oh no Civil war.....Friends once more"

"Whose in charge, you or de Valera?"

"Should have stayed with the empire Paddy"

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Robertb123

it's missing from rte player?
    They removed fair city from the player because numbers where droppIng on the actual show, so they could've done the same with the savage eye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭mattser

Another example of Irsh attempt at comedy/humour going horribly wrong. They just don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Davey34

Very Funny, he's class , strange more peeps dont enjoy it, Mary Robinson
    "I the Irish nation and my housebound"... proper..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

mattser wrote: »
    Another example of Irsh attempt at comedy/humour going horribly wrong. They just don't get it.

True enough. Some people just don't get it. ;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

NEWS! SPORT! TITS!......Only in your copy of the Irish Scum! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Robertb123 wrote: »
    They removed fair city from the player because numbers where droppIng on the actual show, so they could've done the same with the savage eye
    Fair city was becuase of money not ratings wasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

logik wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what music was played for the credits in last nights show?

Beethoven - Allegretto from Symphony No. 7 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Robertb123 wrote: »

That's not correct. Fair City isn't on the player due to contract issues with the actors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

That's not correct. Fair City isn't on the player due to contract issues with the actors.

It appears so:
    Fair City is currently not available to view on RTÉ Player as we do not have on-demand rights to show it on this platform. We intend and hope to provide Fair City episodes for on-demand viewing in the future.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/faircityfaqs.html

See also: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055817958

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Joyce#section_3

Wonder do these broadcasts still exist?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Advertisement