Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE: The Savage Eye

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kandikane

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I love Mick the Bull Daly, kwearrrrrrrrrs! :D
    ya dirty Oscar wilde ya :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,102 ✭✭✭batistuta9

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Network 2 now. Repeat- "Why are the Irish so Ugly"?

Rahoo, rahoo, rahoo.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

The Hector sketches are very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I'd love to know if Jim 'Che Guevara' Fitzpatrick was just a randomer stopped on the street for his opinion or if McSavage intentionally put him into the series?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The sketches were very hit and miss, but this is still one of my favourite Irish shows. The fact that he's not pally pally with the RTE cronies allowed him to take the piss, and take the piss he did. I'll always thank him for DESTROYING that Blathnaid Ni Chofaigh in a few sketches. Fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Grayditch wrote: »
    The sketches were very hit and miss, but this is still one of my favourite Irish shows. The fact that he's not pally pally with the RTE cronies allowed him to take the piss, and take the piss he did. I'll always thank him for DESTROYING that Blathnaid Ni Chofaigh in a few sketches. Fair play to him.

Probably the nature of most sketch shows but this has always had plenty going for it. Love the Pat Kenny sketches and the scene tonight with the provos taking off their balaclavas was hilarious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Read last week that he is currently travelling around the world recording a new series of the savage eye with an international twist to be shown next autumn. His take on other countries would be priceless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Read last week that he is currently travelling around the world recording a new series of the savage eye with an international twist to be shown next autumn. His take on other countries would be priceless

Agreed, the man is a genius. Would RTE pay for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I saw him last week in town with a camera so he hasn't got too far yet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

They'll be a christmas episode before anything else I'd say./

Sounds good, hope it's true. :)

cloud493 wrote: »
    They'll be a christmas episode before anything else I'd say./

Maybe not. We would've heard about it by now probably if there were new episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

Birroc wrote: »
    Agreed, the man is a genius. Would RTE pay for that?

How others view us rather than how we view ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭RAH1

Great news its coming back

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

That's great. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mickey1985

Anyone know who the teacher in the classroom in the other nights episode was?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Earlier in this thread.
    coleria wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Watched Blaitnaid ni whatserface the other night interviewing and ex ira man....Mcsavage really did his homework on her as he has her down to a tee...every facial expression and in particular her hand movements...a lot of effort went into that

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭tricolorbob1987

Hey guys, think the show is hilarious but can't find it anywhere online :(, when do rte show it?

Hey guys, think the show is hilarious but can't find it anywhere online :(, when do rte show it?

There were repeats on over the last few weeks. Not sure if they're finished though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

Sorry to revive an old one - but is there any way to watch the back episodes of this? Can't find them anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fivehoursofsky

Haven't been able to find em anywhere myself. Please let us know if you do. Short of contacting McSavage himself I checked everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,102 ✭✭✭batistuta9

this is back again on the 5th of may

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

Delighted. The man cuts to the bone.

Boom. Mama needs her fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭worded

New series ?

• Advertisement

Yup. Tell everyone you know :-)

Advertisement