Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE: The Savage Eye

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

InisMor wrote: »
    Does anybody know who she is?

+1

Giggity giggity goo...

+1

Giggity giggity goo...

Its sort of like those days all over again, when all we knew Georgia Salpa as was FÁS girl :)

What an absolute babe though. She will definately be going into the TgC Easy on the eye thread in the future me thinks.

The hector sketches this serious were brilliant and every time we seen a cop while driving around Thurles yesterday myself and my friend used to shout 'NnnnarrrrrrDaaaiii' or 'a notebook is nothin without a pin' (but obviously not loud enough for them to hear us) :D

Brilliant comedy but i have to saay the Mary Robinson sketches make me cringe even if he does a good impression of her.

Love that bit last week where a principal was interviewing 3 potential candidates for a teaching post and he was so impressed by the 3rd candidate, a lad who just gave him a real blank stare, that he laughed and said 'Ill see you on Monday'.

another sketch i loved was from a few weeks ago where the pram pusher started singing at McSavage 'Get out of my way, i have a baby' despite having loads of room to get by :D

its so so true to life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Ah come on lads. She's not that special.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    Ah come on lads. She's not that special.

i wouldnt throw one off in the classroom over her now like the young lads and thats irregardless of whether i was in my teens or not :D but id certainly enjoy the scenery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭battle_hardend

luke ming has a twin

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Enjoyed that sketch with Lord Haw Haw as one of Ireland's diaspora!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Ah priceless, tears running down my face :D

Great stuff. :D

No more episodes. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

That was brilliant.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

The homeless guys finger getting cut off by the golf club was very funny. And Ireland caddying for the bankers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭marozz

I'm still in knots, brilliant!!

poor enough tonight i felt.

The sketch with the two Irish lads going for the interview in America was brilliant. And so true.

"I love your brogue!"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,547 ✭✭✭✭briany

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    The sketch with the two Irish lads going for the interview in America was brilliant. And so true.

"I love your brogue!"

Yo-gall's a decent spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'm sad it's over! Best series so far possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Roberto91

its a pity it has gone over so many people's heads.Its the only series EVER on Irish tV to make fun of all the Sacred cows (ie 'wise'Publicans,Irish language,Education system,church,the so-called "craic").Its so ****ing irreverent it actually makes people squirm in discomfort.This is what Art is meant to be about.Love it.

and of course last nights choice of song!!! Sparks!! brilliant!

Last weeks hector sketch when he went back to his school.....that's based on truth as well me thinks!

Tommy Tiernan and hector had a xmas special of their own on RTE and it they invited all their school friends on to discuss how mad they were. They weren't very mad at all as it happens!!

and of course last nights choice of song!!! Sparks!! brilliant!

Last weeks hector sketch when he went back to his school.....that's based on truth as well me thinks!

Tommy Tiernan and hector had a xmas special of their own on RTE and it they invited all their school friends on to discuss how mad they were. They weren't very mad at all as it happens!!

RAHOO RAHOO RAHOO were back at the old school an i wont lie ta ya theres some craic goin on heaurrre. We're going to meet a few of my old teachurs to discuss what WILLLLLLD men we wure back then...RAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Yeah, have to say it's been a great series some really great sketches in it. Looking forward to going back though the recordings again. I loved the one with the remains of someone who was stabbed repeatedly and then the flashback to historical Hector. Pure gold.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,547 ✭✭✭✭briany

RAHOO RAHOO RAHOO were back at the old school an i wont lie ta ya theres some craic goin on heaurrre. We're going to meet a few of my old teachurs to discuss what WILLLLLLD men we wure back then...RAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!

:D

Joe Duffy's supposed to be none to pleased about the John Duffy sendup, I wonder how Hector feels about his opposite? McSavage has certainly got enough mileage out of him becoming the breakout character of this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

i liked the jibe at Hector about the Horseracing ad he did a while back.

"you've let yourself goooooooooo"

i liked the jibe at Hector about the Horseracing ad he did a while back.

"you've let yourself goooooooooo"

Yeah, it's a classic. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭battle_hardend

will hector ever been seen in the same light again ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I always saw him in that light

will hector ever been seen in the same light again ?

I doubt that anyone has ever taken him seriously so I don't think that The Savage Eye clips will do any harm to his image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

There are some amazingly funny scenes in this...scenes that you really don't expect this man to come up with. I've seen him in chat shows and heard him on the radio and all that really betrays what we see on the savage eye.

One of the best sketch shows I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Can anyone tell me what music was played for the credits in last nights show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Duckjob wrote: »
    Holy moley. I wish there had been teachers like her when I was at school.
    +1

Giggity giggity goo...
    Its sort of like those days all over again, when all we knew Georgia Salpa as was FÁS girl :)

What an absolute babe though. She will definately be going into the TgC Easy on the eye thread in the future me thinks.

watch the ending credits of the episode she was in & google all the female names

come on lads "There's a guard in there somewhere tryin to geh out" :D

Advertisement