Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE: The Savage Eye

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Oh man I lost it with the Nuns & the Imperial March and the priest nicking the kid inside the photo booth :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Ould David Andrews was a decent sort, well as decent as a politician could be!

:D at the Stat Wars music and the Nuns!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,285 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The bit with the female teacher was funny. Hot looking woman BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Last nights was brilliant...I particularly enjoyed the Padraig Pearse part.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Last nights was brilliant...I particularly enjoyed the Padraig Pearse part.

I just watched on the RTE player and I was about to post the same thing. It was excellent and perhaps uncomfortable for a lot of people who may be unaware of Pearse's writings. Then again the whole show is uncomfortable for a lot of people in Irish society.They are unlikely to be watching.
    Really brilliantly observed and cutting. I can't believe it's on RTE.
    All in all an excellent show.

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    Ould David Andrews was a decent sort, well as decent as a politician could be!

:D at the Stat Wars music and the Nuns!
    He was on tv last week, seemed like a very intelligent man. Image of mcsavage and you can really see where the mcsavage minister character comes from!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

he's related to de valera isn't he??

i reckon Dev is spinning in his grave

200865.jpg

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

KerranJast wrote: »
    Oh man I lost it with the Nuns & the Imperial March and the priest nicking the kid inside the photo booth :D

Me too!! :D

The bit with the parents touring the school with all the stashed priests was brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Randy Anders

Quality episode last night

''Look there, faggots reading poetry under a tree!''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,548 ✭✭✭✭briany

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

he's related to de valera isn't he??

i reckon Dev is spinning in his grave

Stick a shaft and cams through his remains and maybe he can power the Aras.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

200865.jpg

;)

tumblr_lypqxg82M51ro9fdao2_400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Great show, By far the best thing on RTE when it comes to comedy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Really enjoyed the episode. Just watched it. He had a right go at the teachers anyway. The Gardai scenes were epic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

200865.jpg

;)
    tumblr_lypqxg82M51ro9fdao2_400.jpg

Very naughty, but nice:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Decent episode the other night....several highlights throughout the show. This is streets ahead of any other RTE comedy IMHO.

The Garda training stuff is classic.

Strangely, 3 days after watching it, I'm still laughing at Ireland's President for Life saying that she used to be a "muousic twatcher" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Decent episode the other night....several highlights throughout the show. This is streets ahead of any other RTE comedy IMHO.

Strangely, 3 days after watching it, I'm still laughing at Ireland's President for Life saying that she used to be a "muousic twatcher" :D

The President for Life stuff is coming into its own, after being easily the weakest thing about the show, it's now a vital part

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Two NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNaaardai!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Our President for Life

A Disgrace wrote: »
    The President for Life stuff is coming into its own, after being easily the weakest thing about the show, it's now a vital part

Thanks. I've been working on it quite a bit lately, glad to hear it's paid off. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Last episode was excellent. The hector sketch, hector in total denial of his hidden intelligence 'hura hura hura'. The nuns sketch with the wacky insect-head nuns, oddly very funny. That scumbag character played by mcsavage himself, the way he starts the sketch with "here c'mere" in his knacker accent gets me every time.
    I often find myself laughing at this program, confused as to why im laughing but finding it some hoot all the same. Think i actually prefer the totally weird/mad stuff over the more traditional anecdotal segments.

Great show. 10 times better than any comedy show being produced in ireland or even the uk at the moment. Yes i did just say that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Very good episode that one. Is this a hidden joke?
    Why is Ireland so proud of it's education system?

Cartman78 wrote: »

i spat my tea out when "she" said that!

Overall i'd say it's fresh enough to keep going as a show. It's not a mainstream show by any means, so it shouldn't lose it's edge. Pity more Irish comedy writers aren't getting the finger out. It is possible, (savage eye is not made by RTE) that by hiring so many comedians RTE is actually killing irish comedy tv. Does that make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Next Mondays installment which is the last of the series.

Episode 6 - WORST PLACE: Why is Ireland the Worst Place to be Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Next Mondays installment which is the last of the series.

Episode 6 - WORST PLACE: Why is Ireland the Worst Place to be Irish?

i though it was the last too but it's still series linked in the sky planner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

That Black Betty/Pat Kenny intro to 'The Hardline' a few weeks ago was one of the funniest things I'd seen on Irish TV in a while. I just wish they'd put it as one of the clips of the show on youtube. Can't find it anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Gael wrote: »
    That Black Betty/Pat Kenny intro to 'The Hardline' a few weeks ago was one of the funniest things I'd seen on Irish TV in a while. I just wish they'd put it as one of the clips of the show on youtube. Can't find it anywhere!

I wish someone would put some Se3 episodes up on youtube. The show is geoblocked on the RTE player and I badly miss my dose of brilliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

Gael wrote: »
    Oh my god....tears were shed! Funniest clip of the whole series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Aidric wrote: »
    I wish someone would put some Se3 episodes up on youtube. The show is geoblocked on the RTE player and I badly miss my dose of brilliance.

Watch RTE abroad:

http://geektech.ie/?p=32

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Duckjob

200865.jpg

;)

Holy moley. I wish there had been teachers like her when I was at school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭InisMor

Duckjob wrote: »
    200865.jpg

;)

Holy moley. I wish there had been teachers like her when I was at school.

Does anybody know who she is?

Advertisement