Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE: The Savage Eye

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

first ever savage eye post!
    Not liking this. There's nothing in it. It's caused a silent boredom in our living room.

Himself and Jason Byrne, making modern Irish comedy seem like making loud noises and silly faces is funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fivehoursofsky

fabbydabby wrote: »

There's certainly potential there but it's just somewhat missing the mark.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭mattser

Proxy wrote: »
    Not liking this. There's nothing in it. It's caused a silent boredom in our living room.

Himself and Jason Byrne, making modern Irish comedy seem like making loud noises and silly faces is funny.

Agree 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 8,102 ✭✭✭batistuta9

featuring rihanna as the devils daughter

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This is the only half decent show on rte, I'm so glad its coming back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

First episode on RTE player now - a week early.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Hope he does Joe Duffy again. "How does it make you feeeeeel caller" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

gazzer wrote: »
    Hope he does Joe Duffy again. "How does it make you feeeeeel caller" :)

just watched the opener and was decent enough with Joe Duffy probably being my highlight of the episode

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Excellent episode, really enjoyed that!

good start, even by their standards it was close to the bone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭dball

whats the story with airing this one week prior to it appearing on RTE.
    Is this not going to effect the ratings? Will this be a reason not to renew the series or give David McSavage his run at another show or series?
    Is it normal for RTE to do this with an existing show?

dball wrote: »
    whats the story with airing this one week prior to it appearing on RTE.
    Is this not going to effect the ratings? Will this be a reason not to renew the series or give David McSavage his run at another show or series?
    Is it normal for RTE to do this with an existing show?
    i doubt they're worried about ratings...savage eye ratings are quite low anyway compared to other shows on RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Still can't believe that this is not on DVD yet or at least the old episodes from the previous series are on the player. Probably the best comedy show RTE have produced in a long while!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Quite enjoyed the Pat Kenny segment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Thought that was class. I did think the church abuse jokes were a miss. Not cause of any offense really, they were just bad puns. I hope it keeps up the standard. I'm surprised RTE let him away with some of the stuff, but I'm glad they do.

Joe Duffy now as Nosferatu, haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

Delighted he is back. Always suspected he would be chopped for going too far. Fair play to RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The day lewis scene was my favorite and of course joe duffy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

He's doing the copper even better, now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Joe Duffy as a vampire was just inspired. Loved it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

very disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭stepinnman

very disappointing

Why? To quote from Flight of the Conchords - 'be more constructive with your feedback'...(tongue firmly in cheek - no offence etc. etc.).

I thought it was good but then again I've always enjoyed it. I think it's quite insightful, with the occasional mis-step. The Garda sketches are always good and, as a relatively new parent myself i could relate to the bottle-making sketch in tonight's episode.

Unlike a lot of RTE 'comedy', and whatever anyone might think of it, the Savage Eye at least has the courage of its own conviction and a sense of purpose. It's consistent - whether you think that's good or bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Threads merged

Mick the Bull Daly
    Sure I even rrroooodddde the wife when she was giving birth

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,348 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Who was the sketch with him dressed as the black haired one with the knife sticking out of his head meant to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Really enjoyed it last night, like poster earlier said Daniel Day Lewis sketch was funny. I'd say there were a lot of parents squirming at some of the sketches thought he nailed the whole modern day Irish parenting and the BS you have to go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jojobeans

I love the show its hilarious but it probably wont appeal to everyones sense of humor, the time travelllers sketch is gas :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

Terminal Ferries.

*Avail of our 50% discount with a medically certified suicide attempt.

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Mick the Bull Daly
    Sure I even rrroooodddde the wife when she was giving birth

:D

I heard the writer , cannot recall his name (mcsavage??! ) , talking on radio about the show
    he said he had a super funny sketch with Mick farming/raising gay children from birth for some reason at a farm but Rte banned it lol

good show i love the British empire pathe ones , "meanwhile over in Eire " lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

Great show tonight. The man is a genius.

Advertisement