Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is Fair City not on RTE Player?

Options
  • 03-02-2010 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Hi all,

This might have been discussed before but I didnt seem to see it but why is Fair City not on the RTE Player like every other program?

Even rubbish like the lotto is repeated on there!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Because it's shite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

According to RTE:

Fair City is currently unavailable to view on RTÉ Player. The programme was available for catch up on RTÉ Player for a 7 day period for a trial period only. This trial period has been brought to an end.

As part of RTÉ's overall negotiations on contractor payment rates, discussions between RTÉ and the actors union Equity are underway. Unfortunately during this period live and on demand catch up of Fair City online is suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

testicle wrote: »
    Because it's shite?
    :rolleyes:
    angel01 wrote: »
    According to RTE:

Fair City is currently unavailable to view on RTÉ Player. The programme was available for catch up on RTÉ Player for a 7 day period for a trial period only. This trial period has been brought to an end.

As part of RTÉ's overall negotiations on contractor payment rates, discussions between RTÉ and the actors union Equity are underway. Unfortunately during this period live and on demand catch up of Fair City online is suspended.

Thanks for that, thats all I needed to know :)

boarddotie wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Thanks for that, thats all I needed to know :)

I don't mind too much as I record it on my DVR but it would be handy to have it back on the RTE player :)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭bigdogbarking

testicle wrote: »

Correction, should read "Because it's ****ing shite?

• Advertisement

Correction, should read "Because it's ****ing shite?

I have to laugh at people who come on here to slate a programme like this.. comments like that add so much to the conversation :rolleyes:

What should we discuss then? The gripping storylines? The humerous comic subplot? The diverse range of characters that acurately reflectIrish society? Oh and how can i forget about the world class standard of acting?

Nah, all i can constructively conjure up is that it's ****ing ****e!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

What should we discuss then? The gripping storylines? The humerous comic subplot? The diverse range of characters that acurately reflectIrish society? Oh and how can i forget about the world class standard of acting?

Nah, all i can constructively conjure up is that it's ****ing ****e!!!

You could just **** off..... ;)

Shakyfan wrote: »
    You could just **** off..... ;)

I will **** off if Fairly ****ty will **** off too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

According to RTE:

Just a thought i wonder why does the is the availability of fair city on the rte player cease while they hold negotiations?

• Advertisement

Just a thought i wonder why does the is the availability of fair city on the rte player cease while they hold negotiations?

Because it was only on there on a trial basis.

Because it was only on there on a trial basis.

Why cant they bring it back on a permanent basis?
    Whats the problem.They have every other programme on it.

Because there is an issue with the actors union and the rights to use them so until that issue is sorted out, the show won't appear on the RTE player.

BECAUSE FAIR CITY IS ****!!!!!!

BECAUSE FAIR CITY IS ****!!!!!!

Yes agreed it is but even the lotto and winning streak is on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Does anyone have an update on when it will be back? If ever?

uvox wrote: »
    Does anyone have an update on when it will be back? If ever?

There is no update, you might be best contacting the rte player team directly. I reckon it might never come back which would be a shame.

that would be strange if it didnt come back at all.
    if anyone does get in touch with the rte player team post an update here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

i know i sound sad by sayin this but felt a bit disappointed that its not on rte player! lol

They were talking about putting it on there but no update as of yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

They were talking about putting it on there but no update as of yet.

It'd be great if they got it sorted sooner rather than later. With the exception of Fair City I watch everything online and its becoming more and more of a hassle having to try and watch it when its on tv... To the extent that I may stop watching the show, which is a shame because I really like it, but they've got to get with the times...
    Not everyone can afford Sky +... :(

It'd be great if they got it sorted sooner rather than later. With the exception of Fair City I watch everything online and its becoming more and more of a hassle having to try and watch it when its on tv... To the extent that I may stop watching the show, which is a shame because I really like it, but they've got to get with the times...
    Not everyone can afford Sky +... :(

I have the UPC DVR and have Fair city on series link but they really to get on with the programme and put it on the player, they are surely missing out on viewers :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I have the UPC DVR and have Fair city on series link but they really to get on with the programme and put it on the player, they are surely missing out on viewers :(:(

All I've got is an old tv set with the 4 Irish stations - not even a VHS player to record on...

Have to get my mammy to record them all for me on Sky + and I catch up on a Sunday while I'm over getting a free dinner... Would prefer to watch it at my leisure though....

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭hawthorn

I forgot to record it last night, and again today, so went to rte player to see it and thats when I discovered it wasnt there!!

Rang RTE and they said the dispute with the actors/union etc has not been solved.

So thats that. Could only happen in Ireland.

h

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

boarddotie wrote: »

Even rubbish like the lotto is repeated on there!

Cant see the point in repeating the lotto...unless you want to see what order the numbers came out in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

I love the idea of watching lotto repeats. Would be a very soothing way to pass a wet afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Yes agreed it is but even the lotto and winning streak is on it

BigDogbarKing needs to find a bitch and relax..
    What powerful atacking from Mark in this domestic abuse bust up..one of the best soaps on TV,,first song to have a thalidomide well thats Ive seen..and How hot is Jo since her affair...Fair Play to RTE..I would like to see it on the Net but a NTL Box scheduled record is even better
    :D

Here's the story:

Equity, the actors union, wanted more money from RTÉ for online rights. RTÉ said they couldn't afford it. Equity then said RTÉ could put it online without payment but only if they didn't profit from the online distribution in any way. So RTÉ uploaded it but put adverts before the programme. Equity kicked up a stink and said they couldn't have it online anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

bit of a joke when you consider you can watch other soaps like eastenders/home and away on player but not a home produced one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Karsini wrote: »
    So RTÉ uploaded it but put adverts before the programme. Equity kicked up a stink and said they couldn't have it online anymore.

RTE could argue that the money made from these ads only cover the cost of providing the episode on the RTE player. If they had it up with no ads they would actually lose money.

Advertisement