Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant Motion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

That's where I live, but I spent 4 years working in the Square so I saw plenty of the worst specimens of Tallaght humanity in that time :pac:

''I'll choke dat bleedin tram driver wit deez rubbah gloves''.....;)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

digger2d2 wrote: »

Ah junkies... bless their little stolen cotton socks.

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Ah junkies... bless their little stolen cotton socks.

And jump suits....and awful mixes at full volume from their 'found' mobile phones at 7am in the morning........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

I was a bit hasty about being happy there the other day. Went out for a test run this evening, had to stop after about a mile and a half because it was getting bloody painful. Brb getting really ****ing emo. Have done everything absolutely perfectly since I got the injury - lots of stretching and strengthening work, I even dropped a huge wad of cash on new runners, I've foam rolled to within an inch of my ITB's life...

*le sigh*

I'm sorry to hear that bud.
    My offer is still there if you want to save some dosh, this is an exclusive offer open only to you, before anyone else gets any ideas!

:mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Nothing I'm not used to from Pram Springs. :pac:

Good point. I'd better warn everyone to have their guns ready! :pac: Sure let me know if ya want, I'm pretty much always free.

• Advertisement

Good point. I'd better warn everyone to have their guns ready! :pac: Sure let me know if ya want, I'm pretty much always free.

Unless it's for a morning run :P

mrslow wrote: »

Funny cos it's true :pac:

Going to see if I can haul my ass out of the bed at stupid o'clock tomorrow for a swim before work, after noticing that a pool near work has a 7.45am lane swim (therefore giving me plenty of time to get to work by 9). This plan may fail though because I like my bed :pac:

Bedtime is special time. Also, I'm pretty sure I always pass yee in the park and make you feel all rejected. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

How about this for a suggestion and i'm no expert;

Do nothing at all for a week. Maybe you're overdoing the rehab and not giving your body a chance to recover. I've always found that nature is the best healer, it certainly won't do you any harm.

This will inspire you and give you hope, best article ever written on sports injuries, although i'm biased!

http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/?p=1366

This will inspire you and give you hope, best article ever written on sports injuries, although i'm biased!

http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/?p=1366

Feck ya anyway, that just set off the waterworks again! Great article.

• Advertisement

Easy up there RK or I'll have to get the sandbags out around my doors again....;)

Peeing yourself laughing? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Hang in there J, you'll be back out again in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

I know it's headwrecking RK, but better off another week or so now, rather than pushing on and doing more damage to yourself. You want to be 100% going into DCM 2011 training. No harm in a bit more rest and recovery. Hopefully, you'll be ok for some swimming, and that will keep you ticking over.

You know, if this doesn't heal up quickly I may be better off not doing DCM '11 at all. Might be better to really spend a long time focusing on recovery and the shorter stuff (and maybe cut my XC teeth in the autumn!), before getting into a training cycle for a 2012 spring marathon.

Hang in there J, easy to say I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Plenty of time to decide what's best for you this year. Mind yourself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

You know, if this doesn't heal up quickly I may be better off not doing DCM '11 at all. Might be better to really spend a long time focusing on recovery and the shorter stuff (and maybe cut my XC teeth in the autumn!), before getting into a training cycle for a 2012 spring marathon.

When I started running back in 2007, I got an ITB ijnury cos I ran the first 14M of the Cork marathon then joined my relay partner to run the last mile while the legs were still tired. That was in June and I had plenty of time to get it sorted and do my first marathon in DCM07. I didnt even have Physio or anything, so I'm sure you'll recover even quicker.

Dont write anything off yet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

RubyK wrote: »
    Plenty of time to decide what's best for you this year. Mind yourself ;)

yeah, sure its only April an 18 week DCM plan wouldn't start until the end of June, so you've ten full weeks for recovery

RayCun wrote: »
    yeah, sure its only April an 18 week DCM plan wouldn't start until the end of June, so you've ten full weeks for recovery

Lot of recovery to be done though when I can only run for 10 minutes at the moment...

• Advertisement

Lot of recovery to be done though when I can only run for 10 minutes at the moment...

Would running on a treadmill help? When my IT Band came at me it was the constant tensioning (if that's a word) of impact plus the overuse issues, a treadmill would lesson that greatly. Just a thought.:)

How much does it cost normally for RQ to rub ones legs?:rolleyes:

Would running on a treadmill help? When my IT Band came at me it was the constant tensioning (if that's a word) of impact plus the overuse issues, a treadmill would lesson that greatly. Just a thought.:)

I honestly don't know, my gait gets very awkward (even more so than normal) on a treadmill so I'd be a little concerned about it. Might try it though, just on the off-chance that it does help...

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

I honestly don't know, my gait gets very awkward (even more so than normal) on a treadmill so I'd be a little concerned about it. Might try it though, just on the off-chance that it does help...

Even slowly, at least you'd be moving and the gait issues wouldn't have as much effect with the lessened impact.

I'm not worried about cost, it's value for money I'm interested in :pac:

I'm not worried about cost, it's the happy ending I'm interested in :pac:

:eek:

Stretch, strengthen, ice, foam roller, lather, rinse, repeat. Going to try a 5-10 minute run in the morning and see how that goes. Also got another physio appointment tomorrow. :eek:

Stretch, strengthen, ice, foam roller, lather, rinse, repeat. Going to try a 5-10 minute run in the morning and see how that goes. Also got another physio appointment tomorrow. :eek:

Sounds like my kinda weekend :D Just take your time and look after yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

You should. Park the marathons for a while and give the shorter stuff a go. It'll make you faster, give you quicker leg turn over, you'll get stronger and will only benefit your longer stuff. It'll also open up a new world for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Might be a good idea to look at the shorter stuff RK but just to let you know it was Feb of 2009 when I first got my ITB injury and thats the year I ran my only marathon. You will recover from this!

• Advertisement

Depends on whether you qualify for mates rates or not. :pac:

Advertisement