Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant Motion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Some things are more useful when they're big!

:eek::pac:;)

I mean that's just rude and I am appalled:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Some things are more useful when they're big!

Finally a compliment comes my way.......;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Dunno what you're all talking about. I was just referring to how the shop would be much better if it was bigger and less cramped. :P

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

how the shop would be much better if it was bigger and less cramped. :P
    +1 - it really did feel awful cramped, particularly if you're looking at swimming gear which is just right at the top of the stairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

gerard65 wrote: »
    Why does this log always decend into filth. I'm catching up with RK's ITB and shoe issues and you lot are just making dirty comments. Your a mucky lot!

+1... I had to wade back 3 pages through the smut to find out if RK could run again yet. tut tut youse young ones I dont know what the worlds coming to down with this sort of thing!

Aside from that... hope you're on the move again soon RK :)

• Advertisement

Dunno what you're all talking about. I was just referring to how the shop would be much better if it was bigger and less cramped. :P

Of course you were :rolleyes:

Connemara race details just arrived in my inbox. New wave of depression, commence! :(

Connemara race details just arrived in my inbox. New wave of depression, commence! :(

Is Cork on the cards for you?

mrslow wrote: »
    Is Cork on the cards for you?

Half at most - that is if I can go from injured and comfort eating to running a decent half in about 9 weeks.

Half at most - that is if I can go from injured and comfort eating to running a decent half in about 9 weeks.

I'm running and comfort eating!:pac:

• Advertisement

I'm running and comfort eating!:pac:

Yes, at least you're working off all the comfort food. Another bag of Jelly Belly jelly beans down the hatch in work today... not gonna lie, they hit the spot :pac:

This week needs to just hurry the **** up and be over though. How the hell is it only Tuesday? :rolleyes:

Yes, at least you're working off all the comfort food. Another bag of Jelly Belly jelly beans down the hatch in work today... not gonna lie, they hit the spot :pac:

This week needs to just hurry the **** up and be over though. How the hell is it only Tuesday? :rolleyes:

You're simply testing different sugary foods to see what works for you, it's all part of training really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

I order you to get some Lindt asap J.

Anyway, waiting for the bus yesterday, I actually saw you're twin. I was like' couldn't be'. The poor girl must have been rightly scared by my glares.

Not the first time it has happened for a boardsie. I saw an actual female version of Brian once in UL.( I asked him if he had a sister even)

I order you to get some Lindt asap J.
    Green and Black's chocolate was on special in Tesco today (2 bars for €3.75, when it's normally €3.19 a bar) so I kinda stocked up :pac:

Hit the pool again this evening, was swimming with friends so did a bit less than I'd normally do - ended up doing about 1000m in total.

Went to see Ciaran Fitzpatrick this morning (after menopause and donothoponpop's rather glowing testimonials) - the man is incredible. He seemed to have radar for every single sore spot on my leg. He seemed to pretty much agree with my physio's assessment that I'd be off the road until early next week, but said I should be back running then. What I though was interesting though was that he said to do more speedwork - apparently faster running irritates the ITB less than slow, easy running. Thinking that if this is the case, do plenty of 10k-style training until late July/early August and jump in to P&D 12/55 for Dublin at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

ah that's great that you'll be back next week and now speeding around the roads of Firhouse!

jcsmum wrote: »
    ah that's great that you'll be back next week and now speeding around the roads of Firhouse!

I'll need to speed if I'm trying to catch up with you, speedy! :)

Still on for Mallow?

Still on for Mallow?

Yup, even if the only running I'll be doing is to the off license! :pac:

Yup, even if the only running I'll be doing is to the off license! :pac:

Pub grub and pints missus.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Session last night sounds encouraging - bet you can't wait to be back. What 10km plans you thinking of following.

• Advertisement

I'll need to speed if I'm trying to catch up with you, speedy! :)

I'd still prefer a sub 4 marathon.

And in Cork you will! :)

You'll have no trouble there K!

You'll have no trouble there K!

Ah schucks!
    I know it's there for the taking, but as we all know it depends how everything goes on the day. (I sound like a GAA player!) :)

Ah schucks!
    I know it's there for the taking, but as we all know it depends how everything goes on the day. (I sound like a GAA player!) :)

As per Meno, we'll be conservative and push forward in the last few miles to steal a few minutes.

As per Meno, we'll be conservative and push forward in the last few miles to steal a few minutes.

It's a game marathon of 2 halves. (1-20 and 20-26.2!) ;)

It's a game marathon of 2 halves. (1-20 and 20-26.2!) ;)

I'm hopeful that Corks 6.2 goes far better than Dublin's.

I'm hopeful that Corks 6.2 goes far better than Dublin's.

I'd be pretty confident that we'll all do better this time round. No more fear of the unknown. Plus we have meno & aimman to push us along.

shazkea wrote: »
    Session last night sounds encouraging - bet you can't wait to be back. What 10km plans you thinking of following.

Haven't decided yet. Was looking at this one on the Runner's World UK site, and modifying it slightly to include a longer long run (I'm seriously pondering the half in Cork, so if I'm going to do that I'd like at least one 14-15 mile easy run before it). That seems a bit too much like arsing around though, so I think keeping it simple (as in 5 days a week, one of which is intervals, one of which is a tempo run and one of which is an LSR - probably use McMillan to get an idea of what paces I should be doing these at) might be a better option!

• Advertisement

Haven't decided yet. Was looking at this one on the Runner's World UK site, and modifying it slightly to include a longer long run (I'm seriously pondering the half in Cork, so if I'm going to do that I'd like at least one 14-15 mile easy run before it). That seems a bit too much like arsing around though, so I think keeping it simple (as in 5 days a week, one of which is intervals, one of which is a tempo run and one of which is an LSR - probably use McMillan to get an idea of what paces I should be doing these at) might be a better option!

I'll loan you the P&D book that covers distances from 5k to the half marathon if you'd like?

Advertisement