Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant Motion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Dunshaughlin sounds like a good one actually, problem is it's the weekend of my birthday when some drinking should be done instead. :pac:

I'll be in Connemara for my birthday weekend this year....:D Haven't decided whether that's a good or a bad thing yet. But it'll certainly be cheap!!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

claralara wrote: »
    I'll be in Connemara for my birthday weekend this year....:D Haven't decided whether that's a good or a bad thing yet. But it'll certainly be cheap!!

Good thing! An excuse to run your age in miles as a birthday run :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Good thing! An excuse to run your age in miles as a birthday run :)

Wow!! I never even thought about that. I was just worried about hitting my late twenties... Haha. Amazing :D

Wow!! I never even thought about that. I was just worried about hitting my late twenties... Haha. Amazing :D

26 is NOT your late 20s, it's the last year of your mid-20s!

/clutches at straws

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

RayCun wrote: »
    it's July. Are you trying to divert people away from Dunshaughlin in June? Don't want witnesses to the dust-eating? :D

We shall see....
    Boom! Mwahahahahaha!

Who asked you for a comment?
    26 is NOT your late 20s, it's the last year of your mid-20s!

/clutches at straws

Sorry J, you're only in your mid 20's for one year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

mrslow wrote: »
    Parkwest 10k is supposed to be flat and fast! Think it's on in June.

lad's that's not going to happen this year. It has been cancelled. We'll have to find another fast one.

Sorry J, you're only in your mid 20's for one year.
    24, 25, 26 is mid-20s :pac:

24, 25, 26 is mid-20s :pac:

26 is late twenties I'm afraid, don't worry by the time you get used to the idea you'll be in your late 30's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Get out of that, 26 is early to mid 20's :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Did you move to England, or to Egypt?

• Advertisement

Dunshaughlin sounds like a good one actually, problem is it's the weekend of my birthday when some drinking should be done instead. :pac:

Can we not do both?

Get out of that, 26 is early to mid 20's :pac:

Not the case Brian, time to accept adulthood ;)

Can we not do both?

implied: Dunshaughlin -> Ryans :pac:

implied: Dunshaughlin -> Ryans :pac:

They show the race video in a local pub up there, it's supposed to be good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

I like Mr. Slow's idea of 26 being late 20's.....Being 24 and possibly the baby of this group...... It means I am still in my early 20's and not the dreaded MID TWENTIES all these nasty ppl keep saying to me lol

Perkina3 wrote: »
    I like Mr. Slow's idea of 26 being late 20's.....Being 24 and possibly the baby of this group...... It means I am still in my early 20's and not the dreaded MID TWENTIES all these nasty ppl keep saying to me lol

Respect your elders :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Hey RK, Nice to meet you last weekend.
    Congrats on you sub4 performance, you showed some real guts to fight on and finish under your target. Well done on your great PB.

1500m in the pool this morning, had to do *something*. Spent virtually the entire time pondering what I'll do over the next few months if I get a definite "no" from the physio on Conn. Still none the wiser :pac:

Seemed like every runner in South Dublin went past me on my 40 minute wait for the bus coming home though :mad::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Seemed like every runner in South WEST Dublin went past me on my 40 minute wait for the bus coming home though :mad::rolleyes:
    ;)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    ;)

Pedantic or wot? :pac:

The thought of not being able to do Conn is irritating me far more than it should. I seriously think I'm cursed as regards anything which involves the wesht. To be perfectly honest, rather than accept the 90% chance of not making the startline predicted by the physio, I'm currently clinging onto the 10% chance of being able to do it. Injury definitely seems to be improving since I went to the physio on Thursday, I'm not in as much agony on the foam roller as I was during the week and I'm able to do some stretches pain-free that she thought I wouldn't be able to do pain-free until next week. I'm really, really hoping to be cleared to get back to some running on Friday when I go back, even the thought of another 5 days off until then is not sitting well with me at all. Will probably try and get in another 1-2 swims and a gym session in the meantime.

I've been doing a bit of thinking as to what I want to do race-wise over the next few months. If I can't do Conn, I'm very much undecided as to what I want to do. If I can get back quickly after this injury, then Limerick half and Cork full is sounding tempting, because I really don't want to have to wait until Dublin before I run another marathon. If it's going to take longer to get back, then a focus on shorter distance for a while would make sense, before beginning an 18 week buildup for Dublin somewhere around late June. If the miracle happens and I can go wesht on 10 April, then I'll get that out of the way, then I'll focus on shorter stuff (and keep up plenty of stretching and strengthening!) for May and June and help myself to a few PBs. I'll probably still be heading to Cork but more likely for the relay or half. We shall see. ****ing injuries messing with my plans.

TL: DR - RK whines about being injured yet again :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Did she give you any strength exercises to do? My ITB wasn't hurting at all when foam rolling last night but I had some of that dull aching while running today and a very unhappy knee while lunging and squating... :mad:

Stress fracture aside it's the only running related injury (caused by running) I've ever really had and it's a pain in the you know what that it's a recurring one...

*I have deleted half this post as it would consitute bloody medical advice* :pac:

I've a few to do - straight leg raises was supposed to be all I was to do for now, but I've added in the clamshells and one-legged squats that I wasn't quite supposed to do yet. Plenty of foam rolling and stretching too, also ice and anti-inflammatories. Thanking the good dude I bought a packet of ibuprofen in Barcelona - SO much cheaper than here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

I've been doing a bit of thinking as to what I want to do race-wise over the next few months. If I can't do Conn, I'm very much undecided as to what I want to do. If I can get back quickly after this injury, then Limerick half and Cork full is sounding tempting, because I really don't want to have to wait until Dublin before I run another marathon. :rolleyes:

ooooh the pressure! (for me!) :)

I hear ya about wanting to get 'moving' again..... you're on such a high after Barcelona, it's only natural you want to keep that momentum going!

I've a few to do - straight leg raises was supposed to be all I was to do for now, but I've added in the clamshells and one-legged squats that I wasn't quite supposed to do yet. Plenty of foam rolling and stretching too, also ice and anti-inflammatories. Thanking the good dude I bought a packet of ibuprofen in Barcelona - SO much cheaper than here :pac:

I bought a grid roller, it hurts everytime so you know it's working, I could use the foam roller all day without pain but I really feel the grid is working.:)

jcsmum wrote: »
    ooooh the pressure! (for me!) :)
    No pressure at all! You'll be grand :D

I just found out today my wife has to go to the gaeltacht for 3 weeks which will be in the middle of dcm training, 2 x kids - wife = no training :(, might have to start looking at an earlier race.:confused:

Cork bai?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

I just found out today my wife has to go to the gaeltacht for 3 weeks which will be in the middle of dcm training, 2 x kids - wife = no training :(, might have to start looking at an earlier race.:confused:

You are looking at this all wrong - 2 x kids - Wife = :):D:):D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Cork bai?

I second that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Cork in June, Longford in August, Dingle in September...?

Advertisement