Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant Motion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

menoscemo wrote: »
    well done again. As I said to you today, you are in good enough shape to break all your 2010 goals right now!!

Gimme the net downhill of Rathfarnham and the sub-24 5k is so there :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Great time. Well done!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Well done Rainbow K!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Well done RK. think i may have seen you at the start (in pink?) chatting to a couple of boards-singlet-attired lads (and possibly robinph - altho i am basing my knowledge of faces on some race photos). best of luck with the rest of the goals over the coming year.

Yup, that was me in the pink top and grey shorts. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Well done RK. Off to a great start already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Brilliant RK! I knew that would happen :D

And back to the grind... 6 miles this afternoon (9.34/mile pace). Felt a bit tired after yesterday, but it was still good to get out anyway.

Rest day tomorrow, got my first exam (shouldn't be too painful though, it's only worth 40%). Even with the exams, I'm still hoping to run 5 days next week and hopefully rack up 25-30 miles - I did 26 miles this week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Great time, well done on the PB, it's not a particularly easy course either with the route going through the furry glen.

After having a good laugh this morning over Donore's posted results for Saturday's race (27.15? I could run that in my PJs...), I headed out for 6 miles this afternoon to put a smile on my face before I hit the books for the day. 9.04/mile average pace, the pace picks up a bit if it starts to rain after 4 miles like it did today!

• Advertisement

Another 6 miles this afternoon (9.10/mile average pace), got caught in the rain after 3 miles! That'll learn me for wearing shorts in December...

Got a couple of stinktastic exams coming up this weekend (Numerical Analytics on Friday, Case Studies in Computational Science on Saturday), so back to studying! Feeling fairly screwed for them, but we'll see...

5 miles this afternoon (9.02/mile pace). It's amazing how exam stress seems to be making me run more miles at the moment... or maybe it's just that I have a ****ing huge pain in my face from Numerical Analytics!

Contemplating running home from the RDS tomorrow, especially if the weather's like today, I think it's about 8 miles...

To paraphrase ultraman, that was a bit of a sneaki 4-miler this evening! :) Sneaky because I should be studying for the exam tomorrow... but I needed to get out and clear my head with some nice fresh cold winter air. 9.10/mile average pace - felt a little tired because this was my 5th day running of the last 6...

:D First double-digit run since DCM :D

10 miles this afternoon (9.06/mile average pace - total time 1:30:55). Really didn't intend to go out that fast, but when my first mile was 8.48 and it didn't feel like a huge effort, the writing was on the wall... for the record, my 10 mile race PB is 1:37:44! I'm really, really satisfied with that run, and with this whole week's running in general. 31 miles this week, through my exams - who says you can't run away from your problems? :p:pac:

Did a bit of a running commute today, had to go to the Square to grab a few things for De Mammy, but also wanted to get some miles in. Total of just over 4.5 miles (9.20/mile average pace), and I discovered that whoever designed the straps of my backpack really did not have relatively small women in mind!

:D First double-digit run since DCM :D

10 miles this afternoon (9.06/mile average pace - total time 1:30:55). Really didn't intend to go out that fast, but when my first mile was 8.48 and it didn't feel like a huge effort, the writing was on the wall... for the record, my 10 mile race PB is 1:37:44! I'm really, really satisfied with that run, and with this whole week's running in general. 31 miles this week, through my exams - who says you can't run away from your problems? :p:pac:

You're absolutely flying these days RK. I wonder does that getting naturally faster thing happen at my age :rolleyes: (waits patiently).

littlebug wrote: »
    You're absolutely flying these days RK. I wonder does that getting naturally faster thing happen at my age :rolleyes: (waits patiently).

You've still got lots of time to improve, put the miles in and you'll get faster :)

Aren't you doing the Athenry 10k on the 26th?

You've still got lots of time to improve, put the miles in and you'll get faster :)

Aren't you doing the Athenry 10k on the 26th?

I am ....and looking forward to it with equal amounts of excitement and fear :D
    10 years of improvement I'm told, no matter what age you start at.... so there's hope for me yet!

littlebug wrote: »
    I am ....and looking forward to it with equal amounts of excitement and fear :D
    10 years of improvement I'm told, no matter what age you start at.... so there's hope for me yet!

Good luck with it, I'm sure you'll do great :)
    I like the sound of that 10 years of improvement thing, it means I should peak at 34...

Couldn't wake up at all this morning, still felt like a zombie at 1.30pm, even after coffee, so getting out for a few miles sounded like a good cure to that problem. Did 4 miles (9.24/mile pace) but the legs felt really heavy and tired all the way around. Ugh, can't wait until these exams are over. Mathematical Biology tomorrow, it's going to be a bit of a killer because our crazyass Hungarian lecturer likes to ask really weird questions. :(

• Advertisement

6 miles this evening (9.24/mile average pace), cold but once I got moving I was as snug as a bug in a rug!

Can't wait to be finished exams, only 1 to go tomorrow (Partial Differential Equations). Have been having a crap time trying to concentrate on studying today... fingers crossed it will go ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Mathematical Biology tomorrow, it's going to be a bit of a killer because our crazyass Hungarian lecturer likes to ask really weird questions. :(
    "Mathematical Biology" through a Hungarian lecturer...I think they're out to get you! I assume all the questions were encrypted in Vulcan!

belcarra wrote: »
    I assume all the questions were encrypted in Vulcan!
    Sounds about right! That exam actually went slightly better than I thought, but when you expect very little...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Best of luck tomorrow Kirby!

Well PDEs yesterday kinda sucked, I knew the theory questions like the back of my hand but the problems that were set were pretty evil. Ah well, between continuous assessment and what I did get, I think I passed anyway. It's just annoying when you work your hole off for a subject and the exam is still a pain.

I also had my first pint since August last night, and I didn't particularly enjoy it. I think my stomach has come to enjoy sober living quite a bit, and I struggled to finish a pint of Bulmers because it was really starting to turn my stomach! WHAT KIND OF STUDENT AM I???!?

Anyway, since this is a training log, let's talk about training. 5 miles (8.40/mile average pace) today, started quick because I was freezing my arse off when I left my house, and stayed at accidental tempo pace pretty much the whole way around. Felt pretty damn good too, I <3 cold, dry weather running :D

So my area is like a skating rink today. Set out for 8 miles, ended up only doing 4 after realising that the entire road from Old Bawn down to my house is a bit of a death trap. 9.24/mile average pace - was probably more like 8.50/mile until I turned down the Firhouse Road and had to slow way down and dodge the ice. Bit pissed off, missed the 10-11 miler I wanted to do yesterday due to similar weather conditions, so to have to cut my run short today is a pain in the butt. :mad:

Had a bit of a silly moment too when this came on my iPod... epic stuff for a cold night, but it makes me want to sing along!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

I had a torturous 12 around the area yesterday aswell and after reading yours I'm going to opt for the treadmill ;)

Post-exam sleep is the best thing ever. Sleeping until 2pm, then getting up and having a nice fat slice of homemade apple and mincemeat pie with custard and a nice cup of coffee for breakfast is bloody awesome :)

Got out for 7 miles this afternoon (9.18/mile average pace). This involved some very careful frost-watching, and switching sides of the road to avoid frost patches. Still a good run though, and I feel bloody great now :)

Well, my area's been like a skating rink for most of this week, so I hadn't been out since Tuesday. A bit of a thaw today though, so I had to get out. Planned 7, but ended up only doing 4 miles (9.18/mile average pace) due to generally feeling like crap the whole time. I feel like every gram of chocolate I've eaten over the last month has just descended onto my legs and is weighing them down like crazy. It sucks :(

Also didn't manage to get my runners cheap in Arnotts, I got in a couple of minutes after the store opened and they were already out of size 7 womens Kayano 15s. I didn't really want to take a chance on a pair of 2140s, given that I don't really feel like wasting money on a pair of runners that isn't right. I don't absolutely need new shoes until after the Raheny 5, so I'll keep an eye on Wiggle to see when they start doing coupon deals again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Glad to hear you got out, just as it was clearing up round here the first of the relatives arrived so I had to jump into the shower instead. No chance now as the rest are due soon, looks like tomorrow will be a better day.

Advertisement