Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Durrr V Isildur1...whats the damage so far?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

PA seems to want to start new tables when the stacks get too big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭The Improver

ZZR1100 wrote: »

Ya they just started up new tables

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

ZZR1100 wrote: »

I seen in chat earlier that isildur asked to start new tables as well. The reason being that there wasn't enough action. They'll probably get it all-in easier if its 'only' 100k stacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

How long have they been playing now!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

They're still at it? How can they concentrate for so long multitabling HU? It's unbelievable.

• Advertisement

Slash/ED wrote: »
    How long have they been playing now!?

Someone posted above that it started at 2am, so 12 hrs now.
    ~5000 hands played in that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

WeeBushy wrote: »
    They're still at it? How can they concentrate for so long multitabling HU? It's unbelievable.

Drugs
    The team takes shifts
    Bots don't need sleep
    The lust for cash
    Yoga
    Freaks of nature
    Practice
    Degen addicts

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

numbers have lost all meaning for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Someone posted above that it started at 2am, so 12 hrs now.
    ~5000 hands played in that time.

Jesus christ, and after all that its relatively breakeven too?

Also how the hell are they still not finished the Durrrr challenge when they're both willing to grind insanely long hours multitabling HU?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Just stuck them on to see Isil win a pot for almost 600k, then sit out.Both needed sleep apparently!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

I've just played for 4 hours today and feel pretty tired after it. I am on a break now, but may not play again today if I can't find a second wind. Before that, I had 7 hours sleep.

So in the same time as the Ant/Isi session, I've had a night's sleep PLUS a day's grinding. Incredible. I should also say I wasn't playing 500/1000. Move the decimal point over several notches and that's where I'm at. Key-ray-zeeee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭SpencerJames

a few months ago there was a player on full tilt that was crushing the games for a few days. I cant seem to find the thread??

Did we ever find out who that was??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Is made just under 700k

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

a few months ago there was a player on full tilt that was crushing the games for a few days. I cant seem to find the thread??

Think this is the thread

Turned out it was Jason McAteer

Also how the hell are they still not finished the Durrrr challenge when they're both willing to grind insanely long hours multitabling HU?

Isildur finished up 700k. It might have been breakeven when you posted though :pac:
    Everytime I checked it the figures had changed by a 100k or so. And the last pot on one of the tables was huge.

Edit: That is strange about the Durr challenge alright. PA & Durr seem to have loads of time to play isildur but couldn't find time to play each other.

A 'reliable' source said it was a guy called Mick Stephens :rolleyes:

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭5Aces

lol

Ahhh fuk all ye degenerate bastards:) ill leave ye to your omahhhhhaaa!

Just stuck them on to see Isil win a pot for almost 600k, then sit out.Both needed sleep apparently!

Isildur1: i need a break
    Isildur1: play later tonight ?
    Patrik Antonius: ok gg play tomorrow i'll go to sleep
    Isildur1: ok same here
    Isildur1: gg

I think this is the hand:

Isildur: 2hJsTdQs
    PA: Jh8cAc5c

Isildur made it 3k. PA called.
    Flop was Jc4cJd
    PA checked, Isildur bet 6k, PA made it 18k, Isildur called.
    Turn was 2c.
    PA bet 31k, Isildur made it 135k, PA shoved his remaining 206k, Isildur called.
    River: 2s

Isildur wins 517k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

So am I correct in the following?

PA won't play this guy at NLHE any more. In fact the only guy who will is Durr but he's getting creamed and probably should give it up at this stage.

Isildur plays PA and Ivey at Omaha and apart from a horrible 3 million tilt the other night, he seems to be pretty much holding his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭1stimpressions

gosplan wrote: »

PA won't play this guy at NLHE any more. In fact the only guy who will is Durr but he's getting creamed and probably should give it up at this stage.

Isildur plays PA and Ivey at Omaha and apart from a horrible 3 million tilt the other night, he seems to be pretty much holding his own.

Ya, just put in Phil Babb there and you've got the complete 36 page thread. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

gosplan wrote: »

I think Ivey has a definite edge on him in PLO. I think it's close, but PA does as well. Durrr is both playing bad and running horrific against him.

I think Isildur seems to have an edge on all of them in NL, although I'd say it's close with Ivey. And I reckon Ivey would get the better of him in the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

jimbling wrote: »

I think Isildur seems to have an edge on all of them in NL, although I'd say it's close with Ivey. And I reckon Ivey would get the better of him in the long run.

You actually changed your mind in the space of two sentences. Either that or your not sure what your saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

You actually changed your mind in the space of two sentences. Either that or your not sure what your saying.

eh, what are you on about? :confused: Are you trying to say that once someone has an edge on someone else that can never change?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭The C Kid

Isildur is the biggest hero ever in poker. And it's not close.

I mean he even makes PA look uncool. The man is a GOD.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

...PA is incredibly uncool imo.
    He makes Eric Seidel seem like Mr Personality.

Anyway, Babbsy is the nuts, we agree there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

Think PA is being very uncool in refusing to play him at holdem. Think Isi has adapted his game a bit at PLO in last few games against PA and this will pay off. Like to see him get his money back from PA and then tell him he has to play Holdem if he wants to carry on the games.

Noticed last night as well that Ivey sat down at one table and Isi just ignored him and got on with the game against PA. He also made PA top up his stacks couple of times by sitting out when PA got low. One time PA made up to 200k instead of 100 and lost the lot in the first hand LOL. This was about 3.30 when Isi got to be up by around 1.5m as posted earlier.

Seems obvious that if Ivey wants to play Isi he will have to multi table which he does not seem to want to do. Remember he told Ivey the other night he was not prepared to play one or two tables and insisted on four. Isi reluctantly agreed to three and then opened another four against PA.
    Ivey was claiming he did not feel up to multi tabling as he was too old LOL.

Think in future he will stick to playing one player at the time.

Sure tonight Isi can build on last nights success against PA.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Think PA is being very uncool in refusing to play him at holdem. Think Isi has adapted his game a bit at PLO in last few games against PA and this will pay off. Like to see him get his money back from PA and then tell him he has to play Holdem if he wants to carry on the games.

Noticed last night as well that Ivey sat down at one table and Isi just ignored him and got on with the game against PA. He also made PA top up his stacks couple of times by sitting out when PA got low. One time PA made up to 200k instead of 100 and lost the lot in the first hand LOL. This was about 3.30 when Isi got to be up by around 1.5m as posted earlier.

Seems obvious that if Ivey wants to play Isi he will have to multi table which he does not seem to want to do. Remember he told Ivey the other night he was not prepared to play one or two tables and insisted on four. Isi reluctantly agreed to three and then opened another four against PA.
    Ivey was claiming he did not feel up to multi tabling as he was too old LOL.

Think in future he will stick to playing one player at the time.

Sure tonight Isi can build on last nights success against PA.

He finished up about $700k last night, but how much is he in the hole Vs PA altogether?

I am not too sure but think PA was caught by him in his early November rush to 6 Million. Think Ivey is prob more ahead than PA at moment against him.

Looking back I see he took 1 million off Zigmund and also caught Hastings for 400k which is equal to his profit for the month so far. Looks like all the money from Durr is what he has lost to PA and Ivey. :eek:

Just think as I said earlier that he is learning fast against these guys and his game will only improve.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Looking back I see he took 1 million off Zigmund and also caught Hastings for 400k which is equal to his profit for the month so far. Looks like all the money from Durr is what he has lost to PA and Ivey. :eek:

Just think as I said earlier that he is learning fast against these guys and his game will only improve.

And the others games wont??????

Advertisement