Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Durrr V Isildur1...whats the damage so far?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ibonic wrote: »
    Whats your feeling on who really is this guy, he obviously has deep pockets and has some game?

There's so many rumours flying about, from a 19yr old Swede to Phil Babb!

If i had to hazard a guess i'd say Victor Blom, mainly as thats who many other people think it is

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

i duno im going to just throw this out there, but i wreckon he's a professional poker player, thats got game.

a-k-47 wrote: »
    i duno im going to just throw this out there, but i wreckon he's a professional poker player, thats got game.

Think you may be onto something there, a professional poker player ehhh :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Ibonic

The problem i have with 19 year old thing is where did he get the cash, and at the same time keep a low profile?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭BuChan

it just seems right that it's some insane 19 year old swede. whoever it is i'd bet all the loots on them being under 25.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭BuChan

The problem i have with 19 year old thing is where did he get the cash, and at the same time keep a low profile?

stakers...

Viktor Blom is a 20 year old poker pro from Rånäs, Stockholms län, Sweden. Viktor started playing poker under the screen name of blom90 on the Ipoker network and Party Poker. I believe he played under Blom90 on Party and also blom90_fan. Viktor Blom is alleged to have deposited $2000.00 on Ipoker and ran it up to $1.5 million in 2 weeks with his hyper aggressive style. He was 18 when he first did this and is now around 20 years old. Viktor Blom was nominated in the Scandinavian Poker Awards for rookie of the year in 2008. Viktor started his run on the Ipoker network and has since migrated to Full Tilt Poker to take on the best in the world. Like a poker prophet, Lukas Schwartz aka _fullflush1_ foretold about Viktor’s coming to Full Tilt, like was predicting the second coming of the Anti-durrrr. Sure enough, Viktor came to Full Till Poker to play with the pros. He not only played with the pros, but started an epic poker match in an attempt to reign supreme over the Full Tilt team members who play the highest stakes. He signed up under the name of Isildur1. He started by taking about $3 million off of Tom Dwan aka Durrrr. After that, Patrik Antonius took on isuldur1 and won the largest pot in online history off of him and about 2.5 million. Viktor wasn’t discouraged at all, the next evening he not only played Tom Dwan and Patrik Antonus, but added Phil Ivey to the mix, playing all of them on a total of 8 screens at once! Phil Ivey took over a million off of isildur1 in a couple of hours. Patrik and Durrrr both lost money off of him but were gaining ground back. Viktor is relentless, hyper aggressive, and capable of making 15k calls with K high on scary boards. Viktor is playing millions of hands, and is sure to become a dominating force in poker. Viktor Blom aka isildur1 is sure to get signed by a major poker room over the next couple of months.

http://www.pokerbloggs.com/high-stakes-poker-biographies/viktor-blom-biography

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Ibonic

Interesting , Im surprised he hasnt gone broke, the aggressive style works, but when started out at least you got to figure he would of run into someone along the line that would of made a call on one of his big bluff and busted his dumb ass

Interesting , Im surprised he hasnt gone broke, the aggressive style works, but when started out at least you got to figure he would of run into someone along the line that would of made a call on one of his big bluff and busted his dumb ass

If it's tru and he did turn 2k into 1.5mill, maybe he's doing the same now, will not settle until he hits a big round number like 20mill. That would answer a lot of questions as to why he's playin like he is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

nicnicnic wrote: »
    i think the guy snapped after i put up about a 500 word post in reply to how babb couldn't 6 table hu, stating how he was a renowned international gamer and held the world record for the practice lap in rainbow road on the original mario carts
    The-Rigger wrote: »
    I'll believe it when I see it Nicky!

Link?

• Advertisement

Isildur playing 6max now 300/600 PLO. He's sitting on 370k on 1 table.
    Trex313 is there and TonyG. Durr has joined the table now. They're not playing HU though? And Durr has been on the site for a while on other tables, was buying in short and not topping up as well.

I presume that TonyG on FT is the mouthy Aussie fella. Chat a while ago:

durrrr: tony ur my hero
    howisitfeellike: mine as well
    durrrr: =)
    howisitfeellike: when i grow up i wana be just like tony
    Tony G: ok its gym time
    Tony G: outclaseed here
    Tony G: good luck viktor
    Tony G: nice to see you again

It's clear who he thinks it is anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

obvious bluff

The-Rigger wrote: »
    obvious bluff

You sticking with the Babb story? :pac:

I suppose what TonyG says in chat is hardly concrete evidence tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

H8GHOTI wrote: »

I presume that TonyG on FT is the mouthy Aussie fella. Chat a while ago:

durrrr: tony ur my hero
    howisitfeellike: mine as well
    durrrr: =)
    howisitfeellike: when i grow up i wana be just like tony
    Tony G: ok its gym time
    Tony G: outclaseed here
    Tony G: good luck viktor
    Tony G: nice to see you again

Antanas Guoga (born December 17, 1973 in Kaunas, Lithuania), more commonly known as Tony G, is a businessman and professional poker player. As a child, he was the Rubik's Cube champion of Lithuania before moving to Melbourne, Australia at the age of 11. He has played poker since the age of 18, and is known for his outlandish table talk and aggressive play, and frequent intimidation of his opponents.

so no he is not an aussie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Isildur1 is Sammy George

Isildur not happy with Durr after this hand. He raised from the UTG/CO 4 handed. BTN called and Durr called from BB.

Durr: JJ87

Durr check calls flop/turn & crai on river on this board: 2625J (no flush draw)

Isildur1: fckmn fish
    Isildur1: wtf r u doing

He mucked so don't know what he had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

montyrebel wrote: »
    Antanas Guoga (born December 17, 1973 in Kaunas, Lithuania), more commonly known as Tony G, is a businessman and professional poker player. As a child, he was the Rubik's Cube champion of Lithuania before moving to Melbourne, Australia at the age of 11. He has played poker since the age of 18, and is known for his outlandish table talk and aggressive play, and frequent intimidation of his opponents.

so no he is not an aussie
    lol. He's what Aussie's affectionately call a "Wog". I'm not kidding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

fatguy wrote: »
    lol. He's what Aussie's affectionately call a "Wog". I'm not kidding.

You think that's affection?! It's normally preceded by ****ing or followed by ****

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

He's doing well today so far. Up 1.2 mill. Taken majority of it from PA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Theyre all kind of chickeny not to be playing at the 2k/4k tables all the same. Isildur1 will only be truely cool if he drags them out to sea at those levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

2k/4k is only available for fixed limit games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

zuutroy wrote: »
    2k/4k is only available for fixed limit games.

Didnt know that, theyre off the hook for now so. Fixed limit and pot limit games should be banned. "dont force us to do math!".

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

scudzilla wrote: »
    There's so many rumours flying about, from a 19yr old Swede to Phil Babb!

If i had to hazard a guess i'd say Victor Blom, mainly as thats who many other people think it is

sammy farha obviously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Suited

Lou Diamond Phillips- watching him in the wsop ME and every time he sneezed it sounded like "issldddddddddddduuurrrrcho"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

the swings in this are unbelievable, as it stands now, for the last 24 hours, Isildur1 is up $1.9m, PA is down $1.4m & Durrrr is down $7k.

1 hour ago PA was up $1.1m, Durrrr was up $600k

kakak1 wrote: »
    the swings in this are unbelievable, as it stands now, for the last 24 hours, Isildur1 is up $1.9m, PA is down $1.4m & Durrrr is down $7k.

1 hour ago PA was up $1.1m, Durrrr was up $600k

Antonius seems to be on tilt or else they've just lost all value for money and just flipping for the craic... Should be fun when Ziigmund steps in.
    Full Tilt Poker $500/$1000 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 2 players
    The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

Patrik Antonius (BTN/SB): $100000.00
    Isildur1 (BB): $100000.00

Pre Flop: ($1500.00)
    Patrik Antonius raises to $3000, Isildur1 raises to $9000, Patrik Antonius raises to $27000, Isildur1 calls $18000

Flop: ($54000.00) K:diamond: 3:heart: 2:diamond: (2 players)
    Isildur1 bets $54000, Patrik Antonius raises to $73000 all in, Isildur1 calls $19000 all in

Turn: ($200000.00) 6:club: (2 players - 2 are all in)

River: ($200000.00) 9:club: (2 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: $200000.00
    Patrik Antonius shows 8:club: K:heart: Q:club: J:diamond: (a pair of Kings)
    Isildur1 shows J:spade: 7:diamond: 9:spade: 6:diamond: (two pair, Nines and Sixes)
    Isildur1 wins $199999.50
    (Rake: $0.50)

Patrik Antonius (BTN/SB): $110928.25
    Isildur1 (BB): $346973.50

Patrik Antonius raises to $3000, Isildur1 raises to $9000, Patrik Antonius calls $6000

Flop: ($18000.00) 2:club: 3:diamond: 6:heart:(2 players)
    Isildur1 bets $15000, Patrik Antonius raises to $63000, Isildur1 raises to $207000, Patrik Antonius calls $38928.25 all in

Turn: ($221856.50) A:heart:(2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($221856.50) J:club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $221856.50
    Patrik Antonius shows T:diamond: T:club: 4:heart: 7:club: (a pair of Tens)
    Isildur1 shows 4:club: 3:club: 8:spade: 6:spade: (two pair, Sixes and Threes)
    Isildur1 wins $221856.00

Patrik Antonius (BTN/SB): $87000.00
    Isildur1 (BB): $470900.25

Patrik Antonius raises to $3000, Isildur1 raises to $9000, Patrik Antonius calls $6000

Flop: ($18000.00) 7:spade: Q:heart: 5:heart:(2 players)
    Isildur1 bets $15000, Patrik Antonius raises to $63000, Isildur1 raises to $207000, Patrik Antonius calls $15000 all in

Turn: ($174000.00) 8:spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($174000.00) 9:diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $174000.00
    Patrik Antonius shows 9:spade: 3:spade: 8:diamond: Q:spade: (two pair, Queens and Nines)
    Isildur1 shows J:spade: 9:heart: K:diamond: J:heart: (a pair of Jacks)
    Patrik Antonius wins $173999.50
    Isildur1: when i bust any of them i play
    Isildur1: how many tables ?
    Ziigmund: 2
    Isildur1: lol u sit at like 6

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

sweet... he took 1.7k off PA. He's up 1.9m so far today.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭j10spades

EDIT ..ok well that didn't work

• Advertisement

jimbling wrote: »
    sweet... he took 1.7k off PA. He's up 1.9m so far today.

meh thats not even 2 big blinds ;)

Advertisement