Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Durrr V Isildur1...whats the damage so far?

Options
  • 12-11-2009 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hey, I haven't really been following this but the whole online poker community seems to be buzzing about these matches that have been taking place over the last 3 days between the two. I railed some of the matches the other day and durrr was being crushed and stuck like 1.5 million to Isildur1 (who is anonymous by the way). Apparently has won millions this week alone and most of this has come from Durrr. So whats the story with this and does anybody know exactly how much Durrr has lost, and is it just railbird gossip that he has lost most of his roll lately?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Mullicker

A little over $3 million according to an article on PTR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

about an hour ago isildur was playing 1.8m over 5 tables and durrr about 200k
    watched a bit of it and durrr was being crushed again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭mickc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Im really enjoying hearing that Durr is getting crushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

so can we say that this guy is off the scale better than any headups up player in the history of online poker yet or is it too early?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

so can we say that this guy is off the scale better than any headups up player in the history of online poker yet or is it too early?

Ah i`m not that good but just dont like Durrr so decided to destroy his soul....

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭DrJFF

Who is this guy?

its pretty sick how much he is running over Durrrr,

just as well he's part of Team FT now

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Rumour has it that it's Phil Babb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭maloney333

DrJFF wrote: »
    Who is this guy?

its pretty sick how much he is running over Durrrr,

just as well he's part of Team FT now

Blom90 if the rumours are true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

The-Rigger wrote: »

Racist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

were the rumors of it being todd brunson untrue?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Zombie Michael Jackson?

cuterob wrote: »
    were the rumors of it being todd brunson untrue?

Were did ppl get todd from, i bet like my whole roll its not todd.

Thats 50euro by the way if anyone wants a bet lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭ihadu

Im really enjoying hearing that Durr is getting crushed.

why are you enjoying someone losing? its very unsettling to hear this level of satisfaction against a young guy who, as far as i can tell. hasn't done anything to upset anyone?

ihadu wrote: »
    why are you enjoying someone losing? its very unsettling to hear this level of satisfaction against a young guy who, as far as i can tell. hasn't done anything to upset anyone?

Jealousy is a motherfu@ker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

They have played close to 40k hands so far. I doubt Durrr will play him again for another while but I think they will definitely clash again as Durrr just seems like the type of player that isn't prepared to admit defeat too easily. This really blows the Durrr challange out of the water. Wonder will Ivey give Isildur action?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Flipz4Rollz

The-Rigger wrote: »

Confirmed

Really why is it upsettling?
    maloney333 wrote: »
    Jealousy is a motherfu@ker

Yeah i wish i had Durrs roll, oh wait what roll? :pac:

explain to the class why you are enjoying his suffering?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

Durrrr v lsildur1

PhilGalfond
    Bluefire Pro
    Post Date: 11 Nov, 2009

Hey BFPers,

A lot of people have been asking me my take on the lsildur v Durrrr match. Obviously I am good friends with Tom, so I've been rooting for him.

Yes, I have watched some of it, and have been following, but I actually haven't seen most of the action first hand. I've read through many of the hand histories, and I actually watched almost the entire first day. I've also played a few hours with lsildur myself, and countless hours with Tom.

Who's the favorite? I can't be sure. I've never played against someone who I thought had an edge on Tom at hunl. However, after 25k hands and big results, Bayesian probability insists that I at least consider the fact that Tom could be a dog here.

From my experience with lsildur, my impression was that he was a very good pro, but not unbeatable. His style was different than many of the opponents I've played, but adjusting to new game dynamics has always been one of my strongest skills as a poker player. I was very happy to be getting new high stakes action, but certainly didn't consider him a fish.

After watching the match, my opinion of his game has risen. Not many people can handle a style like Tom's at nosebleeds with stacks that deep for very long. You have to remain on your A game constantly or risk getting completely picked apart.

lsildur has shown that he can stay on his A game for many hours, across 6 tables, without much sleep. Something I don't think I could do. Yes, running well at nosebleeds will help a lot with your focus. Adrenaline and the thrill of beating the best probably has made it easier for him to stay focused. And everyone is familiar with the concept of 'momentum' though people's opinions on its effect differ.

I've read a bit about theories on who he is, and the way he got to where he's at right now. Seems like no one is positive about him or his backstory, at least publicly. No, I don't have any more info than you guys do.

People probably assume, based on my reputation recently as a game selector and bankroll manager, that I think anyone risking huge portions of their roll against the best in the world is stupid. Far from it. I came up that way pretty much. I played in games I had 10 or less buyins for. I've lost half my roll in a night, and much more than that over certain chunks of time.

Playing against tough competition when you have a lot on the line is a great way to learn the game. It motivates you more than anything else can. It's not shocking that lsildur has made the progress he has (based on the stories I've read).

I personally don't want to put myself at risk like that anymore. I'm content with my current life situation, and I'm not willing to jeopardize it yet. However, I definitely don't look down on anyone who approaches poker differently. I have a TONNNNN of respect for both Tom and lsildur. In many ways, I'm extremely jealous that I'm not a part of a match this epic.

How good is lsildur? I'm not sure yet. I'd need to play against him myself much more. He's probably an excellent player, based on what I know. Even while running extremely well, very few people could come out far ahead against Tom over that many hands of 6 tabling 500/1k. Even fewer people would dare to try it.

If he were playing against almost anyone else, I'd be rooting for him, but I hope Tom is able to turn things around.

I've been playing for around 5 years now, and I've never seen anything like this. I'll be on the rail with the rest of you. Enjoy it.

-Phil

• Advertisement

explain to the class why you are enjoying his suffering?

Please enlighten us as to why it is so unsettling? Some people love the guy i personally dont.

As i and many others have stated in the BBV it will show the nuthuggers that he isnt the be all and end all of poker, i think he is an android.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

i love Jman, mostly cos he is such an intelligent and articulate guy - and cos he built a slide in his apartment - he is easily my fav big online name.

Please enlighten us as to why it is so unsettling? Some people love the guy i personally dont.

As i and many others have stated in the BBV it will show the nuthuggers that he isnt the be all and end all of poker, i think he is an android.

so youre the begrudging irish fool everyone has been going on about...

i don't want to be associated with bitter mugs

so youre the begrudging irish fool everyone has been going on about...

i don't want to be associated with bitter mugs

I dont begrudge Isildur1 the money :)

Please elaborate on why its so unsettling, easy question? If you wanna just keep having a go at me thats fine.

Is Durr a great player, i cant deny that he is a fantastic player, do i like to see him get a bit of his own medicine i sure do. He has been crushing online for a number of years now, do i like his "moves" no not paticulary but then again thats just me, so to see somebody jump up out of nowhere and destroy him the way he has been doing will defo put Durr in his place a little and thats gotta hurt. Some people will be able to put it much better than i would but im not the greatest writer in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Confirmed
    digiman wrote: »
    Durrrr v lsildur1

PhilGalfond
    Bluefire Pro
    Post Date: 11 Nov, 2009

Hey BFPers,

A lot of people have been asking me my take on the lsildur v Durrrr match.
    digiman wrote: »
    Obviously I am good friends with Tom, so I've been rooting for him.

Yes, I have watched so
    me of it, and have been following, but I actually haven't seen most of the action first hand. I've read through many of the hand histories, and I actually watched almost the entire first day. I've also played a few hours with lsildur myself, and countless hours with Tom.

Who's the favorite? I can't be sure. I've never played against someone who I thought had an edge on Tom at hunl. However, after 25k hands and big results, Bayesian probability insists that I at least consider the fact that Tom could be a dog here.

From my experience with lsildur, my impression was that he was a very good pro, but not unbeatable. His style was different than many of the opponents I've played, but adjusting to new game dynamics has always been one of my strongest skills as a poker player. I was very happy to be getting new high stakes action, but certainly didn't consider him a fish.

After watching the match, my opinion of his game has risen. Not many people can handle a style like Tom's at nosebleeds with stacks that deep for very long. You have to remain on your A game constantly or risk getting completely picked apart.

lsildur has shown that he can stay on his A game for many hours, across 6 tables, without much sleep. Something I don't think I could do. Yes, running well at nosebleeds will help a lot with your focus. Adrenaline and the thrill of beating the best probably has made it easier for him to stay focused. And everyone is familiar with the concept of 'momentum' though people's opinions on its effect differ.

I've read a bit abOut theories on who he is, and the way he got to where he's at right now. SeeMs like no one is positive about him or his backstory, at least publicly. No, I don't have any more info than you Guys do.

People probably assume, based on my reputation recently as a game selector and bankroll manager, thatI think anyone risking huge portions of their roll against the best in the world is stupid. Far from it. I came up that way pretty much. I played in games I had 10 or less buyins for. I've lost half my roll in a night, and much more than that over certain chunks of time.

Playing against tough competition when you have a lot on the line is a great way to learn the game. It motivates you more than anything else can. It's not shocking that lsildur has made the progress he has (based on the stories I've read).

I personally don't want to put myself at risk like that anymore. I'm content with my current life situation, and I'm not willing to jeopardize it yet. However, I definitely don't look down on anyone who approaches poker differently. I have a TONNNNN of respect for both Tom and lsildur. In many ways, I'm extremely jealous that I'm not a part of a match this epic.

How good is lsildur? I'm not sure yet. I'd need to play against him myself much more. He's probably an excellent player, based on what I know. Even while running extremely well, very few people could come out far ahead against Tom over that many hands of 6 tabling 500/1k. Even fewer people would dare to try it.

If he were playing against almost anyone else, I'd be rooting for him, but I hope Tom is able to turn things around.

I've been playing for around 5 years now, and I've never seen anything like this. I'll be on the rail with the rest of you. Enjoy it.

-Phil

Confirmed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Epic LOL. Wp Rigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

i love Jman, mostly cos he is such an intelligent and articulate guy - and cos he built a slide in his apartment - he is easily my fav big online name.

Yeah me to. I don't watch the games or know much about them as players, there could be many better than Galfond, but he seems like the most intelligent easy going of the lot and the one person who I genuinely look out for everything he writes or says. The slide helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

DrJFF wrote: »
    Who is this guy?

d278df491945319L.jpeg
    T.J Cookier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

am I right in thinking the Durrr challenge is over 50k hands?

has Isildur now crushed him over 40k hands? in which case the durr challenge is virtually dead in the water

as per who he is I think he was down a million shortly after starting to play the high stakes games, which means he is either mega rich or is a high stakes pro playing under a different name. and judging by the reference to sleep above, possibly a number of high stakes pros playing under a different name.

I do think that someone who was, AFAIR, a winner in the high stakes games, being now crushed by someone new is very significant, notwithstanding many poster's attempts to characterise it as boring. but other people who play a lot of cash would be in a better position to comment on the significance of a loss of 3 mill over 40k hands at those stakes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Don't think this is part of any Durrrr challenge, so he wont owe him the 1.5m on top or whatever it is. I'd assume he'd have to have agreed to that first.

Advertisement