Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Durrr V Isildur1...whats the damage so far?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

I am talking PLO it is obvious he is a great player at holdem which is why PA will not play him. He knows he will have to play PLO against PA for the present time. If he is Blom as stated, then even though he has played plenty he does not have the experience at this game as the other two.

Think his game is improving greatly as we watch even and he is learning from his mistakes. Such as playing PA and Ivey at the same time. Keeping too much on one table against the smaller stacks. Noticeable at one stage last night that he had large sums across the four tables after the Lunch break all the money was his and PA was actually up against him.

However when I woke up to watch again they had opened more tables and started with lower table stakes again.

Do not think the other two have the scope that Isi has for improvement at this time. Been watching a lot of hours of this in the past week.

Think the biggest lesson Isi will learn from this is about Bankroll management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭ihadu

I am talking PLO it is obvious he is a great player at holdem which is why PA will not play him. He knows he will have to play PLO against PA for the present time. If he is Blom as stated, then even though he has played plenty he does not have the experience at this game as the other two.

Think his game is improving greatly as we watch even and he is learning from his mistakes.

how the hell do you know, can you see both players hole cards and then spend time analysing how he previously played the hand versus his noticably improved way of playing?

Such as playing PA and Ivey at the same time. Keeping too much on one table against the smaller stacks. Noticeable at one stage last night that he had large sums across the four tables after the Lunch break all the money was his and PA was actually up against him.

However when I woke up to watch again they had opened more tables and started with lower table stakes again.

Do not think the other two have the scope that Isi has for improvement at this time. Been watching a lot of hours of this in the past week.

Think the biggest lesson Isi will learn from this is about Bankroll management.

not a chance...buy what do i know, you've been watching them

k

You just open the hand history to see the cards . Obviously You cannot see all the cards. But you can where the all ins and big clashes are occurring

You just open the hand history to see the cards . Obviously You cannot see all the cards. But you can where the all ins and big clashes are occurring

and you've done this and concluded he's improving???

youre talking rubbish.

he killed in the NLH and spunked it back in PLO. he's an idiot. why play PLO if youre clearly a losing player. he might be amazing at NLH but seems like an idiot (maybe way too harsh) IRL.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

ihadu wrote: »
    and you've done this and concluded he's improving???

youre talking rubbish.

he killed in the NLH and spunked it back in PLO. he's an idiot. why play PLO if youre clearly a losing player. he might be amazing at NLH but seems like an idiot (maybe way too harsh) IRL.

How much have you won in the last month?

I'd love to know what Isildur would think of you tbh :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    How much have you won in the last month?

I'd love to know what Isildur would think of you tbh :rolleyes:

i've played close to 10 cash games in my whole life and lost at all them. i'm ****e at poker, whats your point

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

i've played close to 10 cash games in my whole life and lost at all them. i'm ****e at poker, whats your point

He's amazing at the game, I'd say he's more than likely wildly more intelligent than you are.

You calling him an idiot seems fairly idiotic to me.

People in glass houses and all that...

keane2097 wrote: »
    He's amazing at the game, I'd say he's more than likely wildly more intelligent than you are.

You calling him an idiot seems fairly idiotic to me.

People in glass houses and all that...

last one with you

he pwns NHL of 6mil or something like that.... loses 4/5 mil back in PLO...doesn't stop playing the high variance game....whats the point?

he wins with holdem and heads to the craps table, not very clever to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭craigb

i think you just made the point for him;)

ive been following these games a fair bit now but only realy kept an eye on the last session with PA and its clear to see isil is improving constantly and also trying different things from time to time and you can easily see in the last few hours of the session that their was nuthin between the 2 players...sayin that the only thing ive noticed is he does spew a fair bit...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

it says on high stake db that pa s up over a million in the last 24hrs and isildur down a million

edit: it did say it about 10 minutes ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,170 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

cuterob wrote: »
    it says on high stake db that pa s up over a million in the last 24hrs and isildur down a million

edit: it did say it about 10 minutes ago

It says Isi is up $1,558,388.50

PA is down exactly that amount!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

This sound pretty stupid but I think that Isildur doesn't care about the money as much as most people would expect. Obviously it has some impact on him but it seems like when he loses big he wants to dive straight back in and play and when he wins big he is the exact same. The guy is by far the most reckless player ever imo. Durrr wouldn't have risked this much before he made it big. Obviously now Durrr has money coming from god knows how many different sources so he can afford the swings and so can PA and Ivey obv but this guy is going at it head on with it all on the line. At one point last night according to HSDB PA was up 2m and Isildur came back from it. That just sick how anybody could continue to play and concentrate after being down this much. The guy is a machine full stop and is a sick talented player. He could easily go broke though if he hits some bad variance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

DeadMoney wrote: »
    He could easily go broke though if he hits some bad variance.
    How could you possibly know this?? He might be a complete BR nit. Ben Grundy has won over 8m over the last 3 years playing just 360k hands, this guy has already played about 100k hands in the space of 2 or 3 weeks. Who knows how much he took off iPoker, Betfair, Ladbrokes, Boss, etc. etc. etc. over the last number of years. He could be a complete BR nit for all we know. Just because he might seem reckless to us plebs it doesn't mean anything; (a) we don't have a clue what's going through the minds of the lads at those stakes; and (b) playing a high variance ultra aggressive style doesn't naturally mean he's tat way in other areas of his life.

IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

any player that can tell PA to man the Fck up and top up your stack is a hero in my eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

What's the story with this http://www.highstakesdb.com/live-results.aspx

No sign of em, even though they were playing until 3pm yesterday?

Edit: Isildur has just shown up on it this second as he just started playing David Benyamine on 2 tables of 200/400 PLO.

craigb wrote: »
    i think you just made the point for him;)

ive been following these games a fair bit now but only realy kept an eye on the last session with PA and its clear to see isil is improving constantly and also trying different things from time to time and you can easily see in the last few hours of the session that their was nuthin between the 2 players...sayin that the only thing ive noticed is he does spew a fair bit...

this negates everything you said....youre an idiot

you don't know whats going on, none of us do. why should he improve his game and PA just plays the same, is PA a moron now? sit there, watch it and enjooy the swings all you like but don't try and make sense of it, you'll just show your ignorance

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Less of the abuse please. Next person to step across the line will get a ban.

Just embrace the sickness in here and it'll all be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

5starpool wrote: »
    Just embrace the sickness in here and it'll all be good.

I think we've found our new BBV thread title

Benyamine lost 210k in 250 hands in about 1hr and had enough.
    He played Ivey at the same time. 200 hands of NLHE at 500/1000. Ivey lost 85k and had enough.

Phil Ivey: play tomm
    Phil Ivey: to tired
    Isildur1: ok
    Isildur1: gg

No sign of Durr though. Isildur sitting now on a number of tables, waiting.......
    He's actually sitting at tables as low as 100/200, looking for action from anyone. There is another guy DjAdi sitting at a few tables as well by himself (including durrrrmatology) but they're not playing each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Because Durrrr has got such a fingering over the last couple of weeks will he give up, admit he was wrong in his belief that he could beat anyone HU or just continue getting poked?

• Advertisement

Isildur 4-tabling Andy Brian Townsend 200/400 PLO atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Isildur 4-tabling Andy Brian Townsend 200/400 PLO atm.

Townsend up 500k on him already.

jimbling wrote: »
    Townsend up 500k on him already.

In <1hr, holy fcuk balls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Think he's now dropped 800K in 700 hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Townsend always runs good when multitabling from the comfort of his Tactics Truck

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    In <1hr, holy fcuk balls

Its not much more than 1 buy in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

12.5 BI's I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

:confused: how is it only 1 buy in???

They're playing 200/400 PLO. I would have thought buy in was 40k. Although think these high stakes tables are all 200bb deep. So lets say 80k.

He's still down 10 buy ins in this session so far.

Townsend up well over a million now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭steoin

jimbling wrote: »
    :confused: how is it only 1 buy in???

They're playing 200/400 PLO. I would have thought buy in was 40k. Although think these high stakes tables are all 200bb deep. So lets say 80k.

He's still down 10 buy ins in this session so far.

lol

Advertisement