Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grand Slam of Darts Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

What was the final score in the Jenkins v Thornton game? Missed the end of it!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Terry Jenkins 16-9 Robert Thornton

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

ratinakeg wrote: »
    What was the final score in the Jenkins v Thornton game? Missed the end of it!
    16-9 to Jenks

O'Shea at 10/11 plus 8.5 legs might be worth a few bob against Taylor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Bollox I didn't know there was an afternoon session today, have missed the first hour.

Missed the whole damn thing:mad:

Anyone got the results? Is there a sessin this evening?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Degag wrote: »
    Missed the whole damn thing:mad:

Anyone got the results? Is there a sessin this evening?

Waites beat Whitlock 16-13 or something like that and Jenkins beat Thornton 16-9, back on at 7!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭me1724

Can i ask ye how do they decide who goes first?? It does not make much difference now but when it was only 9 legs in the group stages it was big advantage...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

They throw for the bull backstage. Nearest to the Bull throws first or has choice who throws first. They flip a coin to decide who gets to throw for the Bull first.

Come on Tony O' Shea!!!

Great win for Barney although Painter was rubbish, nothing went right for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

what channel are the darts on guys i have a new sky box and cant get itv4 on it for some reason

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Devastator wrote: »
    Hamilton 50/1 and Beaton/Thornton 66/1 but they offer EW odds of 1/2 for 2 places
    ratinakeg wrote: »
    I backed him to win the whole thing at 10/1!:D My other bet was €5e/w on Whitlock, aaaaarrrrggggghhhhhh!:(

That was my tournament bet above, £2 ew on the 3. For odds like that it was begging me :o
    O'Shea at 10/11 plus 8.5 legs might be worth a few bob against Taylor.

I went on over 14.5 180's in the game, it finished with 15 :eek: Still bit down after taking Painter +3.5 leg handicap earlier :( He wasn't on form
    jwshooter wrote: »
    what channel are the darts on guys i have a new sky box and cant get itv4 on it for some reason

its on itv 4:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭501darts

Missed the Taylor - O Shea match but if ever there was a case for stats meanin feck all here it is
    Taylor O Shea
    7 180s 8
    20 140+ 19
    22 100+ 21
    48% Doudles hit 50%

No Major Difference and Taylor still wins by 9 legs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 DrDarts

Yes saw those stats last nigh and hard to believe they can be so close when one man is more than twice as good as the other ( in legs anyway ) only thing is not much excitement when Taylors playing on TV nowadays. Always same result. He probably do same to Barney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

any one know now to set a sky box for itv4, thanks

press services
    press 4 for system set-up
    press 4 again for add channels
    set frequency 10.750
    set polarization to V
    set symbol rate to 22
    set FEC to 5/6
    press find channels
    press yellow button on channel to store
    then finally press select
    ITV4 + 1 which shows things an hour later is on
    H
    5/6
    Another way that may work would be to take out your Sky card, plug out box for couple minutes and then plug box back in WITHOUT the card. Depending on make and age of box it could reset free to air channels for you automatically and just scroll thru them to find what you want.

Becoming a bit predictable again unless Barney gets back to his top form and gets at Taylor early as he seems to be the only one that can occasionally get inside Taylors head over a long game but I don't think it gonna happen.
    Can't see the winner of other side causing any problems in final. Jenkins can take everybody else that may give Taylor a game but falls apart against the great man then. It would be nice to see Waites in final though, he's been a breath of fresh air so far and might not roll over as easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭501darts

Cmon Barney ...... Kick his ass

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

501darts wrote: »
    Missed the Taylor - O Shea match but if ever there was a case for stats meanin feck all here it is
    Taylor O Shea
    7 180s 8
    20 140+ 19
    22 100+ 21
    48% Doudles hit 50%

No Major Difference and Taylor still wins by 9 legs

those stats are skewed though, how many 134's did taylor have that only count as 100+, he had 2 177's which are as good as a 180 but go in the 140's column etc.... He had a ton of 96's as well which are as good as tons but don't get recorded. Taylors use of the 19's kind of throws those stats off, from 6-4 it was alll one way traffic and as well and all as O'Shea played, he was hammered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Taylor back to business as usual. 14-5 up against Barney

Taylor playing very well but Barney just not good enough. This rivalry is well and truly over, Barney not even close to Taylors standard.

• Advertisement

Jeez ..... 2nd semi pure sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭shockframe

fair play to waites.took his chances.hard to get excited over the final with taylor involved though.

best value bet of tonight, Taylor to score more 180's at 1/2. Waites is 10/1 if anyone wants to donate to the bookies pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

what is wrong with barney, he used to be able to really test taylor when he came over from the bdo first, now hes just another top 10 pdc player that gets hammerd by taylor, its hard to believe its the same person that came back from 3-0 down to beat him in the world championships a few years bk

best value bet of tonight, Taylor to score more 180's at 1/2. Waites is 10/1 if anyone wants to donate to the bookies pocket
    Nice one cheers. Didn't spot that one but I'd just backed Taylor at 9/10 @ -8.5 legs as I can't see Waites getting to 8. I've just had a bit of yours now, it does look great odds. I had just Waites in semi @ 7/4 smile.gifsmile.gif

Nice one cheers. Didn't spot that one but I'd just backed Taylor at 9/10 @ -8.5 legs as I can't see Waites getting to 8. I've just had a bit of yours now, it does look great odds. I had just Waites in semi @ 7/4 smile.gifsmile.gif

Tonight will be tough for Waites, he needs to hold his own throw in 12 darts as if Taylor pushes on from today he could be hitting 9,10,11 or 12 dart legs for most of the night.

I didn't really have enough left to justify doing the Taylor 180s bet so threw it in with couple of footie matches tonight aswell (Juventus & Benfica HT & FT winners) and also Valencia to win.

Tonight will be tough for Waites, he needs to hold his own throw in 12 darts as if Taylor pushes on from today he could be hitting 9,10,11 or 12 dart legs for most of the night.

I didn't really have enough left to justify doing the Taylor 180s bet so threw it in with couple of footie matches tonight aswell (Juventus & Benfica HT & FT winners) and also Valencia to win.
    Interesting combination ...good luck, thankfully I'm using bookies money this time ...... for once ......rolleyes.gif

Interesting combination ...good luck, thankfully I'm using bookies money this time ...... for once ......rolleyes.gif

cheers, good luck to you to. Im not as fortunate, using my own money this weekend :rolleyes::D

I've done far better this weekend in an online gambling game rather than my money bets....:rolleyes:

Final is nearly about to start, lets hope its enjoyable

Waites very unlucky to be 4-1 down, he is throwing great stuff and looks like he is really enjoying himself. Hopefully he can win this session 3-2 and keep himself in the game after that great break of throw there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Waites very unlucky to be 4-1 down, he is throwing great stuff and looks like he is really enjoying himself. Hopefully he can win this session 3-2 and keep himself in the game after that great break of throw there.

Waites averaging over 100 and 5 legs down, looking like another Taylor title to add to his long list of accomplishments

Advertisement