Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grand Slam of Darts Thread

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Its a good game, just pity Waites seems to be just behind in most legs. Hope he can get a few legs back to keep this game going

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

stroll in the park for taylor.

Feel so sorry for Waites. He deserved his place in the final, but unfortunately for him he met the Brazil, the Red Rum, the Tiger Woods, the Manny Pacquiao of darts. However for a young player who lets not forget is still amateur he can learn so much from this and with the world championships in a few weeks who is to say! He may get his revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

said on itv waites is considering a offer from the pdc

pity taylor missed the 9 darter, he is unreal but its gettin very boring lookin at taylor matches now, its just a matter of how much he will win by, no excitment of a tight match, its just lookin at taylor showin what a darting master he is, waites probably would beat most lads 2night with the way he played

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

i dont understand what these "offers" are

are they gonna offer him a lump sum to change? pay for his entries to certain tournaments?
    like most pro's have to pay to join the PDC and pay to enter all the tournaments

so how does this "Offer" work?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

sc86 wrote: »
    said on itv waites is considering a offer from the pdc

pity taylor missed the 9 darter, he is unreal but its gettin very boring lookin at taylor matches now, its just a matter of how much he will win by, no excitment of a tight match, its just lookin at taylor showin what a darting master he is, waites probably would beat most lads 2night with the way he played
    Rumours had it that Waites was poised to move to the PDC last year but the deal fell through in the last minute. It was a great week for him considering he's had a terrible year form wise in the BDO making early exits to relative unknowns in the various BDO ranked opens and got knocked out of the World Masters by a Fillipino in the last 16. After investing each way bets on Lewis and Hankey i said to myself my darts tips are disastrous but i threw a straight score on Waites Friday night to beat Anderson @ 5/2,happy days!

i dont understand what these "offers" are

are they gonna offer him a lump sum to change? pay for his entries to certain tournaments?
    like most pro's have to pay to join the PDC and pay to enter all the tournaments

so how does this "Offer" work?
    As far as i'm aware there's no such thing as an offer joining the PDC,you have to work your way up the rankings like any other player,King,Anderson,Thornton and Webster are an example,they had to start from scratch with the PDC.

When it comes to so called "offers or deals" for players to switch over from the BDO to the PDC what it means i reckon is getting high profile players from the BDO to sign up a contract to the PDC for so many years with Barry Hearn and the player signing up amongst a big media gathering more so in my view to p**s off the BDO! However i was wrong when i said earlier that when BDO players join up there was no incentives to signing up for some! Barneveld was awarded a place in the Premier League as part of his agreement to join the PDC which didn't go down well with some of the top ranked PDC players at the time and of course last year we had the Russian girl Anastasia controversially awarded a World Championship place last year as part of her agreement to sign up to the PDC.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

dartbhoy wrote: »
    and of course last year we had the Russian girl Anastasia controversially awarded a World Championship place last year as part of her agreement to sign up to the PDC.

Didn't anastacia only get a qualifying place and not actually reach the first round proper?

Degag wrote: »
    Didn't anastacia only get a qualifying place and not actually reach the first round proper?
    She got a place in the prelimnalry round where she lost to Dutch player Remco Van Eijden 5-3 in legs. She still played on the World stage,in front of the Sky cameras and got the big walk on like the other 69 players that played. Players had done the Tour all the year travelling up and down the UK,in various parts of Europe and even going to USA,Canada and Austraila and missed out on qualifying by £100 or so and they must have been angry then to see Anastasia get an invite without actually doing any of the PDC tour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

dartbhoy wrote: »
    She got a place in the prelimnalry round where she lost to Dutch player Remco Van Eijden 5-3 in legs. She still played on the World stage,in front of the Sky cameras and got the big walk on like the other 69 players that played. Players had done the Tour all the year travelling up and down the UK,in various parts of Europe and even going to USA,Canada and Austraila and missed out on qualifying by £100 or so and they must have been angry then to see Anastasia get an invite without actually doing any of the PDC tour.

Ok, but did she not play in it because she was the Womens World Champion and that the other preliminary players were Champions of their respective countries. Could be wrong here, it got a lot of publicity for the PDC!

Edit:// No, it appears that she got a wild card alright.

Advertisement