Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grand Slam of Darts Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Totally agree , Whitlock was in a different class to Mardle. Super finishing !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Hankey up next , should be interesting.As i type this he is getting the "who are ya " chant from the crowd lol

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

As much as I hate Ted, its ruining his game. PDC crowd again leaving alot to be desired.

after watching this ****, put my money on Martin McCloskey for Lakeside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

What type of reception did Hankey expect ? , if he ever leaves the dark side he's going to have to get used to the crowd baiting him. Makes for more entertaining television. Hankey was off form and Waites took advantage of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 tippdar

waites and hankey both didnt play well, hankey predictably was booed for the most part, i loved teds reaction during the 7th game and afterwards, he still has a chance of getting through this group. i think whitlock will comfortably win this group

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    What type of reception did Hankey expect ? , if he ever leaves the dark side he's going to have to get used to the crowd baiting him. Makes for more entertaining television. Hankey was off form and Waites took advantage of it.

Its not the point and I agree with everything he said in the interview. A dirty habit in the pdc now is the crowd shouting out when a player is mid throw or about to throw. Boo and cheer all you want between legs but not while a players throwing.
    If this happened to Phil Taylor there'd be uproar and Barry Hearn wouldn't be long putting a stop to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 tippdar

there shouldnt be booing when a player is on a throw, but its part of the game now. like chris mason said, players know what to expect so they should get on with it , even when was bristow was playing there was this type of crowd reaction

This was 25 years ago and the crowd seem just as bad, cheering when the players were throwing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

i hope ted planky gets ****ed out, who does he think he is, hes not the best or anywhere near it, he get hard to make the last 16of pdc events

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

padr81 wrote: »
    Its not the point and I agree with everything he said in the interview. A dirty habit in the pdc now is the crowd shouting out when a player is mid throw or about to throw. Boo and cheer all you want between legs but not while a players throwing.
    If this happened to Phil Taylor there'd be uproar and Barry Hearn wouldn't be long putting a stop to it.

I disagree, there was no booing in any of the other matches. Hankey knew what was going to happen and he should have just got on with it. Also you can't say that was a PDC crowd, I would imagine there was plenty of BDO fans there as well. Booing was been happening a long time before the PDC existed, in fact it was probably worse.

It doesn't make it right and I don't like to see anyone get booed but Hankey is a twat of the highest order and was bang out of line mouthing off to the crowd. He should get a hefty fine, he is a professional sportsman and that shouldn't be tolerated. It's not tolerated in Football when you have 50,000 giving you abuse or any other sport so it shouldn't be tolerated in darts. Delighted that he lost and I hope he is hammered in his next two matches.

Half of the members on this site would have beaten him today, awful stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

The way Ted Hankey played today was embarrasing but his reaction to the crowd booing was way out of order. Then in the interview after the way he was talking he was going to pull out of the tournament altogether! Hankey only averaged 74.88 today,for a World champion that's a joke! Making him the number 2 seed now sounds a very stupid decision! I wonder was it part of the deal to get him to play in the Grand Slam? Hopefully Mardle will knock him out of the tournament tomorrow night so we don't have to hear Hankey moaning any longer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

tippdar wrote: »
    even when was bristow was playing there was this type of crowd reaction

how about when Bristow was playing Wilson(?) and someone threw a full tin of beer at him from the crowd, it narrowly missed, hit just underneith the board and started pouring out all over the stage! The ref just removed it and play went on.

Hankey is a 1st class tosser

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

True Hankey not on my Xmas card list either but the booing getting out of order. Darts played in enclosed arenas where sound carries. Can't imagine a tennis or snooker match with same carry on. Really it just makes for bad averages and bad games like today. The PDC and TV need to stop baiting the crowd beforehand too. God only knows what the upcoming Jockey Wilson cup will be like. Wouldn't like to be in Taylor or Wade's shoes.
    Darts be the real winner.

Whoops ..... Boat home for Vincent. The better player won. Could be interesting finish to this group.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Well done Anastasia, she was the much better player. Delighted for her :)

Great performace by Anasatasia and deserved her victory, had one chance and took it. Also it has propbably given Barry Hearn and wide smile as it justifies the entry's of the ladies into these competitions (Not sure if he's involved in the GSOD).

Just had had nice touch on Shepard at the off @ 7/4 online with Boyles. Was depending on another Fitton wobble, he didn't let me down ! Silverback definitely top BDO man so far.

Fitton has had a terrible year in the BDO this year and it looks like it's getting no better after Sheperd beating him tonight. The BDO players are not playing well here and at the moment Tony O'Shea looks like the only 1 from the BDO that will qualify for the knock out stages.

Painter must be kicking himself there,he had Barney on the ropes but couldn't put him away when he got the chances and he paid the price in the end. This group is getting interesting now because there's no guarantee Barney will beat Part and Painter will face Frances Hoenselaar which could be interesting. Possible there could be a 3 way tie here at the top in this group and it all could go down to legs won and lost.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Just had had nice touch on Shepard at the off @ 7/4 online with Boyles. Was depending on another Fitton wobble, he didn't let me down ! Silverback definitely top BDO man so far.

nice one. I took over 2.5 180s at 5/6. Also had over 2.5 180s at 4/7 in Painter/Barney game, poor odds but had 3 by 2n leg :) Thought Painter was good value at 13/8, his finishing went out the window though and Barney was pretty pish

Great win for Tony O'Shea there against Colin Osborne,he's keeping the flag flying for the BDO. Also good to see the 2 players been nice and friendly to one another up on stage showing that despite been in 2 different organisations the players get on quite well. Did anyone think Taylor was taking the p*ss out of Mark Webster when he was messing with Bruce Spendley's glasses? Webster didn't seem to be too impressed with Taylor and seemed to storm off stage at the end of the game.

to be fair o'shea looks the only thrower of any calibre of the entire bdo lot.

Great game between Anastasia and VdV and i expect Ana if she plays as well as today to beat Webster tomorrow, only for a few dodgy doubles early on she would of won comfortably. Barney is improving every game and you'd expect him and Painter to advance, Part was poor today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

To be fair this is not on! Even though I hate the fecker!:mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGrd0FYqbl0

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Hopefully Mardle will knock him out of the tournament tomorrow night so we don't have to hear Hankey moaning any longer!

Nope, whatever anyone may think of Hankey, i'd hate for him to be knocked out by that excuse of a dart player.

ratinakeg wrote: »

You're right it's not but the way Hankey reacted is far worse. He wa playing awful darts and is using the crowd as an excuse. He is going to get serious abuse against Mardle tonight because of the way he acted. Number 2 seed my arse.

Well done to Silverback, top player and top bloke. Could have a good run in the tournament. Scott Waites still has every chance of going through as well but the other BDO players are struggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Jay.cymru

ratinakeg wrote: »

i despise ted hankey i cant stand the man :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Romour going around Mr Hanky sorry Hankey will not show up for his match against Mardle!

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

• Advertisement

Just reading Stuart Pykes twitter account.

He says Hankey is in the building and practicing away. Looks like he is going to play and he is expecting a bollicking from the crowd.

http://twitter.com/stuartpykesport

Advertisement