Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grand Slam of Darts Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭501darts

good to see you hankey bashing again rat :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

501darts wrote: »
    good to see you hankey bashing again rat :D:D

He deserves it, never liked the fecker!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

6 BDO, sounds about right to me, i wouldnt put much weight in their champions

Fitton, O' Shea, Hankey, Woods and Waites, probably the most consistant in the BDO right now, only Adams is more prolific than them and his consistant decline is just foolish, every other player is doing it.

Hope Francis Hoenselar and Anastasia go well

6 BDO, sounds about right to me, i wouldnt put much weight in their champions

Fitton, O' Shea, Hankey, Woods and Waites, probably the most consistant in the BDO right now, only Adams is more prolific than them and his consistant decline is just foolish, every other player is doing it.

Hope Francis Hoenselar and Anastasia go well

Two players who could have done ok in this are Dave Chisnall and Robbie "Kong" Greene but they are not there, maybe one of them will enter the qualifying and get through! Both playing well recently.

i wouldnt consider them a threat to any current PDC talent

O Shea however and waites i think if they turn up and dont get startled by the ITV camera's and big viewership and crowds, could be dangerous

• Advertisement

i wouldnt consider them a threat to any current PDC talent

O Shea however and waites i think if they turn up and dont get startled by the ITV camera's and big viewership and crowds, could be dangerous

They could well do, if any of them does I'd say it will be O'Shea.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

Fair play to Hankey though for entering and setting himself up for an obvious fall. I don't think much of the man or his attitude but still admire him for not taking the Adams route.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

Also my neighbour's cat has as much right to be there as the 2 ladies.....come to think of it he probably has as much chance of winning a round too.
    Just there for the novelty value and window dressing I suppose.
    Anna a bit easier on the eye than Ted though !!biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Fair play to Hankey though for entering and setting himself up for an obvious fall. I don't think much of the man or his attitude but still admire him for not taking the Adams route.

Actually forgot to mention that, yes fair play to him but it still won't change my opinion of him! Would of liked to see Adams there, Ollie Croft would not be happy with that!

Also my neighbour's cat has as much right to be there as the 2 ladies.....come to think of it he probably has as much chance of winning a round too.
    Just there for the novelty value and window dressing I suppose.
    Anna a bit easier on the eye than Ted though !!biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

LMAO!!!!:D:D:D

Does not look like the are having the pro am this year on the Friday! Thought that was good last year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Two players who could have done ok in this are Dave Chisnall and Robbie "Kong" Greene but they are not there, maybe one of them will enter the qualifying and get through! Both playing well recently.
    I reckon kong wont be too pleased about not getting an invite as scott waites qualified being runner up in the masters last year, as kong was runner up this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Sat 14 Nov 19:00 Day 1 Grand Slam of Darts ITV4 (19:00-00:00)
    Sun 15 Nov 12:00 Day 2 Grand Slam of Darts ITV4 (12:00-17:00, 18:00-23:00)
    Mon 16 Nov 18:00 Day 3 Grand Slam of Darts ITV4 (18:00-23:00)
    Tue 17 Nov 18:00 Day 4 Grand Slam of Darts ITV4 (18:00-23:00)
    Wed 18 Nov 18:00 Day 5 Grand Slam of Darts ITV4 (18:00-23:00)
    Thu 19 Nov 18:00 2nd Round Grand Slam of Darts ITV4 (18:00-23:00)
    Fri 20 Nov 18:00 2nd Round Grand Slam of Darts ITV4 (18:00-23:00)
    Sat 21 Nov 13:00 Quarter-finals Grand Slam of Darts ITV4 (13:00-17:00, 19:00-23:00 Times TBC)
    Sun 22 Nov 13:00 Semi-finals Grand Slam of Darts ITV4 (13:00-17:00 Times TBC)
    Mon 23 Nov 19:00 Final Grand Slam of Darts ITV4 (19:00-22:00 Times TBC)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I reckon kong wont be too pleased about not getting an invite as scott waites qualified being runner up in the masters last year, as kong was runner up this year

Good point, he can feel a bit hard done by.

Also Mark Webster and Gary Anderson both qualified through the BDO that's why it looks as if there is less BDO players.

It can do no harm having the two women in the competition, hoping they do well.

The only think that annoys me about this tournament is that most of the matches are on ITV4 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

Carrickman wrote: »
    Sat 14 Nov 19:00 Day 1 Grand Slam of Darts ITV4 (19:00-00:00)
    Sun 15 Nov 12:00 Day 2 Grand Slam of Darts ITV4 (12:00-17:00, 18:00-23:00)
    Mon 16 Nov 18:00 Day 3 Grand Slam of Darts ITV4 (18:00-23:00)
    Tue 17 Nov 18:00 Day 4 Grand Slam of Darts ITV4 (18:00-23:00)
    Wed 18 Nov 18:00 Day 5 Grand Slam of Darts ITV4 (18:00-23:00)
    Thu 19 Nov 18:00 2nd Round Grand Slam of Darts ITV4 (18:00-23:00)
    Fri 20 Nov 18:00 2nd Round Grand Slam of Darts ITV4 (18:00-23:00)
    Sat 21 Nov 13:00 Quarter-finals Grand Slam of Darts ITV4 (13:00-17:00, 19:00-23:00 Times TBC)
    Sun 22 Nov 13:00 Semi-finals Grand Slam of Darts ITV4 (13:00-17:00 Times TBC)
    Mon 23 Nov 19:00 Final Grand Slam of Darts ITV4 (19:00-22:00 Times TBC)

what channel on sky is itv 4??

great line up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

you can easily tune itv 4 into your sky box.. just type it into goggle and it'll give the frequencies and all..;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

What about us chumps that have NTL?

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Good point, he can feel a bit hard done by.

Also Mark Webster and Gary Anderson both qualified through the BDO that's why it looks as if there is less BDO players.

It can do no harm having the two women in the competition, hoping they do well.

The only think that annoys me about this tournament is that most of the matches are on ITV4 :(
    Exactly its poxy the way ntl dont do itv4 only sky do:mad:

you can easily tune itv 4 into your sky box.. just type it into goggle and it'll give the frequencies and all..;)
    A lot of people dnt have sky only ntl

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Gringo180 wrote: »

Kong will never get a pdc event invite regardless, wasn't he kicked out of the pdc for ......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

sc86 wrote: »
    what channel on sky is itv 4??

great line up

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055520627

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

If Tony O'Shea is on the opposite half of the draw to Taylor he'll have a great chance of making the final. He's quoted at 50/1 on some betting websites,well worth an each way bet if the draw is kind to him. Not a great fan of Hankey but at least he was man enough to enter unlike Adams!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Just see the pools for the groups and O'Shea seeded 8 and in group B,Taylor in group A,so much for my bet!

whos your money on lads, hard look past taylor, be interesting to see how the bdo lads fair out

who did taylor bear last year?

sc86 wrote: »
    whos your money on lads, hard look past taylor, be interesting to see how the bdo lads fair out

who did taylor bear last year?

He beat Terry Jenkins 18-9.

ITV stream their ITV channel offerings via their website. So you can actually watch all this on your PC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Chonaic

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Just see the pools for the groups and O'Shea seeded 8 and in group B,Taylor in group A,so much for my bet!

The draw for groups hasnt taken place yet, you could be alright.

Going to be 8 groups of 4, top 2 qualify into a Last 16 Bracket.

ratinakeg wrote: »
    He beat Terry Jenkins 18-9.

im surprised jenkins isnt in it this year, hes a very consistant player

Chonaic wrote: »
    The draw for groups hasnt taken place yet, you could be alright.

Going to be 8 groups of 4, top 2 qualify into a Last 16 Bracket.
    Yeah but if taylor and o shea get through there groups they will either meet in the last 16 or quarters

http://www.brmb.co.uk/Article.asp?id=8772

tune into this at 6pm for the draw.

• Advertisement

ITV stream their ITV channel offerings via their website. So you can actually watch all this on your PC

Is this retsricted to UK residents?

Advertisement