Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grand Slam of Darts Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Steve Maish wins the qualifying spot for the Grand Slam beating Arron Monk 5-3 in the final!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Steve Maish wins the qualifying spot for the Grand Slam beating Arron Monk 5-3 in the final!
    Great result for the wee man, a very tough dogged competitor and will be a handful for anybody in Wolverhampton and great run for the young Monk too.
    I really thought with Wayne Jone's form that when he reached semi's he would go thru but not to be !

Great result for the wee man, a very tough dogged competitor and will be a handful for anybody in Wolverhampton and great run for the young Monk too.
    I really thought with Wayne Jone's form that when he reached semi's he would go thru but not to be !

Yeah Thought Jones was a cert! Happy Andy Jenkins did not qualify!:D

Yeah Happy Andy Jenkins did not qualify!:D
    Couldn't agree more !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I have not been reading this thread, so this whole time I've been thinking the GSOD starts tomorrow. It wasn't until Iwas reading about the qualifer event and it said starts next Saturday! :eek: I thought because qualifer was today the tournament starts tomorrow :confused:

Sort of glad because won't miss any due to the boxing and madrid derby tomorrow night, but saddened as I means no darts for another week. Seems an age since we had a tournament on tv

• Advertisement

Devastator wrote: »
    I have not been reading this thread, so this whole time I've been thinking the GSOD starts tomorrow. It wasn't until Iwas reading about the qualifer event and it said starts next Saturday! :eek: I thought because qualifer was today the tournament starts tomorrow :confused:

Sort of glad because won't miss any due to the boxing and madrid derby tomorrow night, but saddened as I means no darts for another week. Seems an age since we had a tournament on tv

Relax Devastator we'll get our fix of darts soon!;):D It's only been 3 0r 4 weeks , it does feel like ages though!:eek::D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Well done to Maish, he must have played some top darts to win through such a tough field. He will be a handful for anyone he plays against.

It's only been 3 0r 4 weeks , it does feel like ages though!:eek::D

Yeah I know, but I wanna be spoilt with darts :D
    Kingp35 wrote: »
    Well done to Maish, he must have played some top darts to win through such a tough field. He will be a handful for anyone he plays against.

yeah! Steve Beaton could be a dark horse also. Been playing well lately, won an event few weeks ago and was beaten finalist 5-6 against Wes Newton in todays players championship. Fair play to Newton, also been playing some crackin darts last few months, pity he'll not be in GSOD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Cheers for that Carrickman! I was trying to C&P the draw the other day but couldn't highlight it for some reason, not sure if it something to do with my browser or the website. Anyway, didn't think to do the link instead:D

2nd Saturday night running theres loads of great sport on tv! Got the WC play-offs with Ireland V France game, UFC 105, Manny Pacquaio V Cotto and the GSOD kicks off!

Least it makes up for being skint and having to sit in at the weekends :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Cheers for that Carrickman! I was trying to C&P the draw the other day but couldn't highlight it for some reason, not sure if it something to do with my browser or the website.
    Yeah it's a problem with the site you have to keep refreshing to highlight the text but it only works somtimes got fed up and just posted the link instead!

I think I'll be having a bet or 2 before Saturday! Have a look at the odds;

http://www.oddschecker.com/other-sports/darts/grand-slam-of-darts/win-market

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

im very surprised to see gary anderson 3rd favourite, all the same if hes on his game he is well able to win it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Impossible to see Taylor losing this so will bet on a player each way on the opposite side of draw. Adrian Lewis @ 33/1 is good value and i will chance a tenner each way on him,at 1/2 odds if he reaches the final will make a nice profit of 165 euros! Simon Whitlock @ 66/1 is also great odds and a tempting bet.

Mervyn King @ 2/9 Tony OShea @ 4/9 Colin Osborne @ 8/13 Kevin Painter @ 8/11 Darryl Fitton @ 1/2 Vincent Van Der Voort @ 8/11

€10 accum. Fingers crossed!;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just browsing the tv listings and shocked to see ITV 4 mass coverage, I might get back into the Ockey action (some betting opportunities as well)

Put a tenner each way on Adrian Lewis @ 33/1 at my local Hacketts bookies. Ted Hankey is priced @ 66/1 so threw a fiver each way on him. He wouldn't be my favourite player but he's still the BDO World Champion and that's surely a good reference in any darting CV. It just goes to show that the bookmakers don't rate the BDO Players much when the World champ is that price! Coverage Of The Grand Slam Of Darts starts tonight at 7 00 on ITV4.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Anyone find an English proxy so us chumps on NTL can watch this on ITV website?

Anyone without ITV4 should check out Myp2p.eu,a very good website for live sports and the darts should be shown on some stream off that site.

Mervyn King @ 2/9 Tony OShea @ 4/9 Colin Osborne @ 8/13 Kevin Painter @ 8/11 Darryl Fitton @ 1/2 Vincent Van Der Voort @ 8/11

good luck
    dartbhoy wrote: »
    Put a tenner each way on Adrian Lewis @ 33/1 at my local Hacketts bookies. Ted Hankey is priced @ 66/1 so threw a fiver each way on him. He wouldn't be my favourite player but he's still the BDO World Champion and that's surely a good reference in any darting CV. It just goes to show that the bookmakers don't rate the BDO Players much when the World champ is that price! Coverage Of The Grand Slam Of Darts starts tonight at 7 00 on ITV4.

Gonna have couple of quid on both Steve Beaton & Andy Hamilton at 33s and Robert Thornton at 66. All on opposite side of draw from Taylor, so at 1/3 odds for eachway they just need to reach final. I think if any of them hit some form they could well do it. Hamilton, I nearly alway expect to get to 1/4s at least, Beaton's been playing very well recently and Thornton is dangerous, although he hasn't been playing like he did when he 1st came into PDC.

Should be good tournament, just pity the football and UFC is on at same time tonight :(

EDIT -- decided after checking odds checker(cheers rat) to get onto stan james. Hamilton 50/1 and Beaton/Thornton 66/1 but they offer EW odds of 1/2 for 2 places

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭shockframe

5-0 king

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

Anyone find an English proxy so us chumps on NTL can watch this on ITV website?
    http://www.justin.tv/wockysport2 should get it here

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Jay.cymru

wayne76 wrote: »

great link wayne cheers mate

savage darts from Taylor tonight. what a response tho to the Russian girl who got 180 and 100 and Taylor pulled an absolute rabbit from the hat. England boast about alot of competitors who come up short but this man is genius and doesn't get a mention in comparison to their soccer team who underachieve.

No real shocks on night one but great entertainment.
    King scoots through as expected as does Osborne,O 'Shea, Webster too but wouldn't have been as fancied.. Taylor drops no leg after again telling us how hard a game it was going to be. Barney does more or less the same to the other Lady competitor in the event but much less convincingly ....I think he still has demons to shake off. Fitton again gets the wobbles as he did when our own Connie put the squeeze on him recently. Still was a great night and Painter V Part was my match of the night. They both served up a treat.
    Can't wait for todays games :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Standouts from day 1 for me were. Taylor (obvious) King, Painter, Part (i fancy both painter and part to beat barney on todays performances), Webster who was very, very good. I think Barney held back at touch on Francis tbh.

Hamilton 50/1 and Beaton/Thornton 66/1 but they offer EW odds of 1/2 for 2 places

:eek: didnt realise until last night(after bets done) that Hamilton and Thornton in same group :confused: Also never knew thornton had broken his hand! I remember hearing he hurt his hand, but no idea he broke it.

well both could still beat Wade, depending on which Wade turns up, still a difficult task mind.

Beaton throwing good enough darts in his first game against Co Stompe

Mardle has his business hat on today!

Great win for Darin Young over Lewis, cracking 147 finish.

Wins for Thornton over Hamilton and Steve Beaten over Stompe too so far today.

Mardle has his business hat on today!

I thought he looked like he was bricking it, not going well for him so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Whitlock played very well, Wayne needs to be more ruthless around 100. He's scoring better than the last while though

Advertisement