Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grand Slam of Darts Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Taylor Averaged 90, highest checkout was 66 and got bashed

how often does that happen

EXCELLENT STUFF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭shockframe

whitlock and teddy baby was a great game tonight.ted started off deadly but whitlock got some great outshots.would have liked to have seen hankey and anderson in the second round.was torcher trying to watch that and the soccer.

wade got out of jail too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭damo180

is mardle the most annoying man in darts ?
    hankey would be an asset to the pdc, a great player, the new manley.
    i think part is also a tosser.

darts is now HUGE thanks to Hearne, and the top players earn a nice living, and when you see part behaving the way he did, he needs to appreciate what he has,,, on top of that, the world championship that he won will probably go down as the worst ever. kirk shepherd should never have got to the final, worst final ever.

ps, terry henry is a cheating mother f er

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

damo180 wrote: »

darts is now HUGE thanks to Hearne, and the top players earn a nice living, and when you see part behaving the way he did, he needs to appreciate what he has,,, on top of that, the world championship that he won will probably go down as the worst ever. kirk shepherd should never have got to the final, worst final ever.

Part beat Wade in the Quarters and a Painter who had beat Barney in the semis. Not exactly an easy draw. Also, he has won 3 World Championships, beating Taylor in one. Not many can say that. I think that John Part is considered a gentleman of the game, i've never ever heard himcomplain about the crowd, so if he did, he probably had a reason to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

I agree with you about Mardle been annoying,the carry on with him up on stage this week was disrespectful to the other players. Ted Hankey is a 2 times World Champion and a great player but i can never see Ted making a move to the PDC,he's said a few things in the past not so nice about the PDC! Part is a 3 times World Champion and is up their with the greats of the game,he's certainly not a tosser!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭vindaloo1

Degag wrote: »
    Part beat Wade in the Quarters and a Painter who had beat Barney in the semis. Not exactly an easy draw. Also, he has won 3 World Championships, beating Taylor in one. Not many can say that. I think that John Part is considered a gentleman of the game, i've never ever heard himcomplain about the crowd, so if he did, he probably had a reason to do so.

Something happened after the break, there was some comment from the
    "fans", and the commentator said something about it at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Line up for Thursday
    Second Round - Groups A-D
    Tony O'Shea v Mark Webster (Match 2)
    Kevin Painter v Kirk Shepherd (Match 4)
    Phil Taylor v Colin Lloyd (Match 1)
    Mervyn King v Raymond van Barneveld (Match 3)

FRIDAY 20 NOVEMBER (6pm-11pm)

Second Round - Groups E-H
    Robert Thornton v Darin Young (Match 8)
    Simon Whitlock v Steve Beaton (Match 5)
    Terry Jenkins v James Wade (Match 7)
    Gary Anderson v Scott Waites (Match 6)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

What absolute rubbish! Part is a gentleman of the game and is a 3 times World Champion. Who cares if he beat Shepard in the final, his passge to the final was far from easy and he was a deserved World Champion. If you are going to make a coment like that about someone make sure you can back it up!

i must say aswell that darin young's walk on music must be the worst ever in the history of darts.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

fair play to hankey last night, he took all that crap and played well. Was a good game between himself and whitlock. Whitlock will go along way in this comp, his finishing is superb but once he got the 3 legs Ted kinda lost interest but still did well.

As useless and all as the BDO is they're players proved in the last round of matches (granted that the pressure was off) that they are decent cause for the first 2 rounds they were awful (well Fitton, Hankey were) while Waites was at best average.

• Advertisement

padr81 wrote: »
    fair play to hankey last night, he took all that crap and played well. Was a good game between himself and whitlock. Whitlock will go along way in this comp, his finishing is superb but once he got the 3 legs Ted kinda lost interest but still did well.

As useless and all as the BDO is they're players proved in the last round of matches (granted that the pressure was off) that they are decent cause for the first 2 rounds they were awful (well Fitton, Hankey were) while Waites was at best average.

sure all we ever hear from the pdc is how superior its players are to the bdo.nearly half the players in the second round are players who have played bdo post-barney.

looking forward to tonight.king and barney the pick of the games.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Webster, Webster what are you doing?!

He misses 3 clear darts at tops to win the match. O' Shea takes it on D12. Great entertainment but Webster will be kicking himself for throwing it away.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Webster, Webster what are you doing?!

He misses 3 clear darts at tops to win the match. O' Shea takes it on D12. Great entertainment but Webster will be kicking himself for throwing it away.

great game.o'shea was very lucky.

he should give colin lloyd a tough game tomorrow.cool.gif

king 3-2 up at the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

O shea will be lucky to get a leg against Taylor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

duno about that, he mightnt win but hell give him a good game, taylors form is a little patchy, 5-1 against van der voort and in the 1st 10 legs against lloyd wasnt very convincing..
    the silverback is a legend but will have to be at his best

must say gary anderson looks very good to go a long way in this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 DrDarts

I'm afraid it's gonna be near impossible for Silverback now Taylor's found his best form again. I'm worried the GSOD will be boringly predictable from here on out but I hope I'm wrong !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

DrDarts wrote: »
    I'm afraid it's gonna be near impossible for Silverback now Taylor's found his best form again. I'm worried the GSOD will be boringly predictable from here on out but I hope I'm wrong !!

Hope not! I've money on Whitlock and Anderson!;)

5-all now between jenkins and wade.

who does wade think he is with the beard.martin adams.

Crowd a bit out of order at the end there. I just can't understand why they boo. Brilliant finish by Jenkins though, he prob just deserved it.

Gracious interview from Wade as well, he has gone up in my estimations after that.

Whitlock was quality, he is a real dark horse for this title. Thornton whould have won easy but scrapped over the line. Terrible on doubles and needs to improve.

• Advertisement

anderson has hit 8 180s in 10 legs.class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Whitlock crushed Beaton. Beaton is one of my favourite players, fantastic throwing action, but he rarely does well in front of the cameras, as proved here again,despite being in great form prior to the event.

shockframe wrote: »
    anderson has hit 8 180s in 10 legs.class

And he still lost!:( Had €10 on him!

Crowd a bit out of order at the end there. I just can't understand why they boo. Brilliant finish by Jenkins though, he prob just deserved it.

Gracious interview from Wade as well, he has gone up in my estimations after that.

Totally disgraceful crowd. Well out of order. Wade didn't behave Hankey style either and rise to them fair play to him. To be honest you'd be on about the hand of Henry, what happened Wade was every bit as disgraceful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Whitlock was quality, he is a real dark horse for this title. Thornton whould have won easy but scrapped over the line. Terrible on doubles and needs to improve.

What a disappointing end to a great game, due to the crowd :mad:

I think Wade knows what to expect, he's played at enough events in the latter stages and plenty of league nights. I dunno why he gets a hard time. I appreciate his estimations have went up with you, but what didn't you like about him before? I've always thought in his interviews he's been respectful to the other player, he doesn't seem to moan a lot and just gets on with it. Plus he's a great thrower.

Sometimes I get the impression his desire to win is not 100%, at times he looks a little uninterested. I think if this is true he really needs to sort it out, he will win many many many tournaments then and could even put together a consistant challenge to Taylor.
    ratinakeg wrote: »
    And he still lost!:( Had €10 on him!

at 1/4? :eek: Why back him at odds like that? :confused:

I lost me money in the Jenks/Wade game, went for over 127.5 checkout at 5/6. Jenks had highest checkout of 127....so I lost my bet by a point :rolleyes: Had a smaller bet on Jenks +2.5 leg handicap as I thought it would be bit too close to call

Devastator wrote: »
    Sometimes I get the impression his desire to win is not 100%, at times he looks a little uninterested. I think if this is true he really needs to sort it out, he will win many many many tournaments then and could even put together a consistant challenge to Taylor.

This is why I have never been a big fan of him, I think he has a bit of an attitude problem and isn't making full use of his talent. Still he is a great thrower and could challenge Taylor if he got his head right. Did nothing wrong last night though, Jenks was just the better player.

Bollox I didn't know there was an afternoon session today, have missed the first hour.

Well done Scott Waites, a great match and he is on top form this week. A real dark horse for the title.

Well done Scott Waites, a great match and he is on top form this week. A real dark horse for the title.

bit of a surprise package.fair play to him.big boost before the lakeside.

• Advertisement

Devastator wrote: »
    Why back him at odds like that? :confused:

I lost me money in the Jenks/Wade game, went for over 127.5 checkout at 5/6. Jenks had highest checkout of 127....so I lost my bet by a point :rolleyes: Had a smaller bet on Jenks +2.5 leg handicap as I thought it would be bit too close to call

I backed him to win the whole thing at 10/1!:D My other bet was €5e/w on Whitlock, aaaaarrrrggggghhhhhh!:(

Advertisement