Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Competition Closed] Win a stay with dinner at Dublin's 5 Star Shelbourne Hotel

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭weird

I love "South" in the Beacon South Quarter in the Sandyford Industrial Estate... great food and excellent service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 boxclever

My favourite restaurant is Thai Garden in Blanchardstown (also in Galway I think). Authentic Thai cooking and really inexpensive 100% the best in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 evster

Has to be Trocadero in Dublin - great atmosphere, great service from the staff, and most importantly the food is outstanding. Personal favourite is the sticky monkfish, have it almost everytime!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 saule

Hi Micheal,

Park House Hotel. Forster Street, Eyre Square, Galway, Ireland.This is the best hotel in Galway having stayed in quite a few. The room is compact but nicely decorated as is the the whole hotel. The staff are as friendly as i've witnessed in Ireland something that is missing from a lot of hotels these days. Will definitely visit again.

Inga

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

Keshk Cafe, Leeson Street.

good food.

good portion sizes.

reasonable prices + BYOB with no corkage (there's a nice off-licence just a couple doors down) all makes for a very affordable meal out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

My fav restaurant/café at the mo is Expresso Bar just off Baggot Street in Dublin.

Great service, lovely food and always a great buzz!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭p15574

Favourite restaurant at the moment is The Port House on South William St in Dublin - great tapas at reasonable prices and great atmosphere.

On the hotel front, I loved The Clayton in Galway when going to the Galway Races - fantastic style in the hotel, great rooms, and best of all, walking distance to the racecourse.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

I'd also have to say best in Dublin is Eatery 120. Good food, with reasonable prices

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

My favourite hotel is Garryvoe in east Cork, cos I was married to another Boardsie there.*

adam

* Well, I was married in the Honan Chapel, but the cake was in Garryvoe. And the Midleton Rare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

My favourite restaurant in Ireland is Starvast Restaurant, in Cork. The food is amazing, and widely varied. They give great deals to group bookings, and treat you like a friend if you are there alone. They also give infinite amounts of free green tea and once you pay for rice, you can have extra helpings, for no extra charge. I don't live in Cork anymore, and I wish there was a place like it up here in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Brien

The Western Hotel on Prospect Hill in Galway will always be remembered fondly by me, thanks to a 21st birthday weekend a few years back. great fun there

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Any particular reason why Waterford City was left out from the above?!

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brianrcarney

Without doubt it is Trocadero in Dublin for me, good prices and great atmosphere and excellent staff. Never a bad sit down in there ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I love Talbot 101 in Dublin, have eaten there so many times and have never had a meal that was anything less than delicious, and their menu changes seasonally, so always have new tasty stuff to look forward to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Not that I've even been in many restaurants around Dublin, my favourite would be Bocca on South Anne Street, Dublin 2. Nice Italian food, fast & friendly service, casual atmosphere, nice beer, and their carbonara is delicious!

Great place to go for an early evening meal before going to the theatre, or heading off out into town for the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 RubyTuesday

Nice prize!!!
    My favourite place in Galway at the moment is Cookes Winebar on Abbeygate Street. Its a really cosy place with lots of nooks and crannies as well as having a larger room upstairs for groups. The wine list is excellent. Its dead centre of town so you are within 5 minute walk of Quay Street or Eyre Square and right next door to CP and Halo nightclubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Pixie001

My favourtie restaurant in Dublin has to be One Pico. They have a great value lunch menu (one of the best around!) and it is also a really great place for a meal for a special occasion! I love it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

my favourite restaurant is lisa's tratoria in terenure as i believe it serves
    the best autenthic italian tratoria food in the city.

and my favorite hotel is the slieve russel hotel in cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Love the restaurant on Parnell Square, Chapter One. Most amazing food, and a decent price for a michelin star restaurant! A special occasion place, but the price is right! Amazing, recommend it to anyone for anything! Certainly my favourite :D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭diamondgirl

my favourite restaurant would be LaBanca italian in Lucan.

the place is decorated fantastic, there is 2 eating areas & a bar where you can enjoy a drink before being seated at your table.

The menu has a great range of food on offer, even if you dont like pizza or pasta, there is plenty of other choices like fish & fillet beef & the prices are very reasonable.
    Its nice to be able to sit with a group of friends & relax and not be rushed.

:):):):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Favourite restaurant, a bit like your favourite song/movie/book, there can't be just one depends on what you are looking for.

One contender - Tian Yuan, Parnell St. Chinese, cheap, cheerful, authentic.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Favourite restaurant would be Joel’s Restaurant in Dublin, nearby the Red Cow.

Main reasons being that it's big, and you don't need to book a place. There is a nice "waiting area" if there's no table at that time. Big portions go down well, and low prices to match.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

My favourite hotel in Galway is the Courtyard hotel, I stayed there last year for a couple of days after Cois Farraige with a few friends and I have to say it was brilliant.

Staff were class, the food was excellent and the place was just spotless!!!

My favourite restaurant is actually one I ate in in Dublin a few months ago. Beautiful place on Parnell st. But I don't know the name of it. It was just perfect, I was nursing a small hangover and had a Panini with a large coffee, best panini I ever had.

I'd love to win this actually, especially if I could take up the offer around the time of the Boards Beers!!! I need to get to dublin in December anyway to visit some friends for a night or 2.

Ah well, here's to hoping...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

paparazzi in templeouge is lovely, lovely food and great atmosphere, have been there a few times and no matter how busy they are your never rushed and can take your time

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Favourite Restaurant in Dublin is Hugos on Merrion Row. Excellent French/International Cuisine at ok prices but the clincher is an extensive wine selection that you can order by the glass (if you want to try a special vintage without having to splash out on the bottle).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

My Favourite restaurant has to be Hugos, Merrion Row.
    The staff have always been fantastic, with excellent service and nothing seems to be any problem for them.
    This is topped with fabulous food from a varied menu, and good wine selection.
    yummy, cant wait to go again!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

has to be Chapter One in Dublin. Amazing food. Expensive though. And the G-Hotel in Galway. Beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

My favourite restaurant in Dublin would have to be Il Baccaro, in Meeting House Square.

It's in a vault setting, downstairs in one of the corner buildings in the square, the atmosphere is relaxed.

Delicious, authentic Italian food at a reasonable price. And also, they've a great organic house red, that didn't give me a hangover!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Gone Fishin

My favourite restaurant in Dublin is Eden in Temple Bar. I went there for dinner 7 years ago with my now wife, every year we go back and the food is excellent, surroundings are great and the staff very helpful. Great experience every time for us. Good value too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bookerboy

Top restaurant at the moment for me is in Finnstown house hotel,Lucan.
    Excellent food,drink and friendly service.Also a roaring hot fire to keep you nice and warm.
    If things go really well for you ,you can even have your wedding there!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement