Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Hand on stove... got it!

Sparks43 wrote: »
    That's nice!!!!!!!

:p

If you guys need a lift then let me know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

DinoRex wrote: »
    Hand on stove... got it!

Any burnt off skin will be served on a pizza at the nights end.
    Schalty...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

How many is going? Not everyone is on the group chat I bought stuff to do a lucky dip if anyone wants to add stuff.
    Since there was no secret Santa I thought it would be nice.
    If anyone is definitely goimg let me know, no point bringing it all if I won't need it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'll most likely be going, otherwise I'll be in my mams house, just down the road, I'll be hiding, with my Sega Nomad, in the coal shed....

• Advertisement

928_party_parting.png

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Bracken3000

Enjoy your night ladies and gents, intrigued to go and be part of the retro gaming scene but family life has put an end to personal enjoyment and rare outings, the snes mini is on the menu I guess, recently opened mine and getting stuck into it. No rise of the robots, that's a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Think I'll regift a bottle of Jameson (got a few) if that's retro appropriate. Driving up from Clare in the afternoon if anybody on the M7 route wants to tag along.

I won't be making it unfortunately, it's a bit far for me and I have nobody to mind the dog tonight.
    Rest assured though, I'll have a can of Dutch gold in all of your honour later this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

The once a year bath festival has just been completed in the sparks den.

Now to head to our chariot for the long trip to the Cider Pole.

:p

• Advertisement

Might be close to 9 when we get there.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Good night thank you very much to the host, very well organized.
    Enjoyed the not so retro megadrive session

Big thanks to everyone for coming along and making the by now traditional Xmas Beers a wonderful evening.

Despite now having to drag myself off to work, it was worth it!

Dinorex's new old Megadrive game was very impressive!

But it was the company and the chat that made it, with regular attendees and new faces too.

So thanks again, I hope everyone got to where they had to go and Happy Christmas/Saturnalia/Holidays!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

**** I miss going to beers!

Hope yous had a good night! I went to a very adult house party (not that kind) and had wine.

Love yis all. xo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

sorry I wasnt able to make this years, deffo going to try and make one of the A&R beers in the new year :)

Hope yous had a good night! I went to a very adult house party (not that kind) and had wine.

Love yis all. xo

No twerking, so it was automatically a lesser Xmas Beers to other Xmas Beers

Love yis all. xo

sub-buzz-15592-1477924211-12.png

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Thanks again to CiDeRmAn, and to the lovely CiDeR Lady for putting up with us!

Thanks for having us all over again, hope everyone liked their lucky dip lol.
    Hopefully to see ye again in the new year, maybe actually play some games next time.
    The chat was great though.
    Still laughing over the bad jokes.

Thanks for having us all over again, hope everyone liked their lucky dip lol.
    Hopefully to see ye again in the new year, maybe actually play some games next time.
    The chat was great though.
    Still laughing over the bad jokes.

Surprisingly few games played, a spot of Gradius II and Rockman 3 on the Famicom as well as Super Mario Bros 2 on the Famicom Twin.
    But special mention to the game Dinorex brought, for the Megadrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Had a wonderful time thanks again Ciderman and family. Great chats with everybody else too. Left with renewed resolve to get myself a Famicom Twin. So cool to see so see all those games and hardware in the flesh I'm looking forward to next year so I can have another look!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

A very belated thank you to all for a wonderful evening.

For us it now goes beyond gaming,its just meeting up with friends we care for deeply.

Happy Xmas/holidays to all.

2018 will be the year of happiness and hope

Sparks and a very happy littlemssparks

Seems to be just me and CiDeRmAn hosting these days, so I guess it's my turn.

Who is up for as meet up in at mine at some point in March?

I've got some pretty sweet 8-micros now.

Sounds good.

Someday...

Yeah I'd be up for except for the weekend of the 23rd I'll be in Cork for Kaizokucon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭BGOllie

been thinking about this for a while:

Hypothetically, if I picked a warm summer day (I said hypothetically!), setup a space with a few MSX 1,2,2+ , maybe a few more computers like the atari600xl, an amiga and c64 right beside the arcade room ... and had a bbq running, who'd be interested ?

I'm in Kinvara, Galway but there's a biiig, dry & comfy, gym shed and some more space too for sleeping arrangements

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

BGOllie wrote: »
    been thinking about this for a while:

Hypothetically, if I picked a warm summer day (I said hypothetically!), setup a space with a few MSX 1,2,2+ , maybe a few more computers like the atari600xl, an amiga and c64 right beside the arcade room ... and had a bbq running, who'd be interested ?

I'm in Kinvara, Galway but there's a biiig, dry & comfy, gym shed and some more space too for sleeping arrangements

Man I would certainly be game! Is there a bus service that runs to Kinvara?

If not would it be much to get a cab from galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,555 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Doge wrote: »
    Man I would certainly be game! Is there a bus service that runs to Kinvara?

If not would it be much to get a cab from galway?

For a moment there I read 'cab' as arcade machine, was going to commend your commitment in bringing a machine along :D

I'd be up for this too, A&R camping? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Could be a mighty session :) Summer time presumably ?

• Advertisement

I'd be up for that for sure.

Advertisement