Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

tenor.gif

Excellent, Mr Cosmic Smash and MrVestek are coming along too and I sent a text to Sparks, but never know if I have his current number!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I'll be away next weekend all. Hope it's a great night

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Excellent, Mr Cosmic Smash and MrVestek are coming along too and I sent a text to Sparks, but never know if I have his current number!
    Coola boola!
    I messaged him on Facebook, don't think he's got it yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I've to go to a birthday party, which is unfortunate timing there's this and a gig I'd love to attend the same night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I've to go to a birthday party, which is unfortunate timing there's this and a gig I'd love to attend the same night.

Bring the birthday folk along with ya! :P

Sure they'll have a blast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Inviere wrote: »
    Apparently sometimes they don't even play the games, & focus entirely on talking shíte.....

/runs :pac:

How would you know? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Inviere

Star Lord wrote: »
    How would you know? :(

I'm not a regular at them, but have been known to show to one or two in the past. I showed everyone how to play Street Fighter one night.....

/runs :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I'm not a regular at them, but have been known to show to one or two in the past. I showed everyone how to play Street Fighter one night.....

Ouch!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I'd have a job getting them all up from Clare but agreed sure everybody likes videogames now it's almost, I say almost, cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Hi guys. Really busy time ATM in college

Just a quick message to say that we are really sorry that we are free and available to make it out on Saturday night. Little ms sparks is really looking forward to it :)

Boulder Dash ftw

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Hi guys. Really busy time ATM in college

Just a quick message to say that we are really sorry that we are free and available to make it out on Saturday night. Little ms sparks is really looking forward to it :)

Boulder Dash ftw

So, to recap, you're sorry but you will be able to attend...

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, to recap, your sorry but you will be able to attend...

Makes a change from the usual sorry I can't go :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Street Fighter, eh? What's that?

Sure, come along and find out!

As ever, if anyone needs directions, let me know and I'll PM my eircode, probably the easiest way to find my place at this stage.
    Just don't follow Retr0, as he invariably ends up in a neighbours house and they release the hounds on him.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I've a friend who has a leaving do (Ireland, not job).

I'll try but cannae promise anything.

Which makes me sad I enjoy weirding people out by tapping the buttons on their stick and telling them what type they are :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

We'll be able to run a real fighting game on the night:

Fighting_street.jpg

Some platformer they pulled out of nowhere, a cutsie one it was

I think this is it

StreetFighterII.gif

Nah, more like this one it was...though this is the sequel

hqdefault.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Isn't it that film about the lad who talks to himself?

'first rule of street fighter is not to talk about street fighter'...?

o1s1n wrote: »
    Isn't it that film about the lad who talks to himself?

'first rule of street fighter is not to talk about street fighter'...?

I think it's "pretend that Street Fighter doesn't exist and that the series started with SFII"

Finally labelled my Bandridge selector buttons, which will avoid the game of "Which one is the ruddy Jaguar on, I want to play Tempest".
    Also, cleaned.
    And, moved the spiders to a temporary home. This was agreed with their representatives yesterday with them moving back on Sunday.
    My N64 power supply seems to be toast, if anyone knows anything about them or why one would cease to work let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Have you nfc reader for 3ds? I brought my AC cards for little miss Sparks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Anyone willing to give me a lift from town or Monkstown if they're traveling past this way?

We are scrubbed up clothed and on the way :)

Have you nfc reader for 3ds? I brought my AC cards for little miss Sparks

I do, one of those hereabouts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Hope you lads have a good night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Is anyone heading out passing by Clonshaugh or Coolock with a spare seat. I've had one too many beers to take a chance driving out.

• Advertisement

Is anyone heading out passing by Clonshaugh or Coolock with a spare seat. I've had one too many beers to take a chance driving out.

Dinorex might be able to help

Advertisement