Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

That would be unreal, I'd definitely gve up for that. Could try get Vinny to go too, we were just talking about you Saturday BGO. He's excited about next weeks videos theme I think he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Sounds good.

I'll have my work schedule a bit clearer by the end of this week so I'll be able to bounce dates off you guys for a potential March meet up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Galway Beers could be the kick I need to finally call to one! Sounds great Ollie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Inviere

BGOllie wrote: »
    I'm in Kinvara, Galway

I think Charlie Boorman's old man is out that way somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Not far for me to travel so well up for that. I'm coming from Ennis so if it's convenient for anybody to get bus to there or Gort can give ye a lift the last bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Be a 3 hour drive for myself but I go about the same for pinball and that's up and down in the one day. I'd be game for it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I wouldn't mind a road trip with a few Dublin based regulars, we shall see closer to the date.

Not far for me to travel so well up for that. I'm coming from Ennis so if it's convenient for anybody to get bus to there or Gort can give ye a lift the last bit.
    Would be great for me actually if you don't mind. I know it's ages away but always good to have options open

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭BGOllie

cool. let's aim for a weekend in mid/late May so... we usually get our warm/dry spells then :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I can take a run past Limerick either, it's only another 30 mins in the journey
    Sure we can talk more closer to the time

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a road trip with a few Dublin based regulars, we shall see closer to the date.

Roadtrip!! .
    this is one I'd love to do. so hopefully the A and R curse doesnt kick in and I can go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭BGOllie

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I can take a run past Limerick either, it's only another 30 mins in the journey
    Sure we can talk more closer to the time

u coming with a minibus ?? :D:D

BGOllie wrote: »
    u coming with a minibus ?? :D:D

Ah, sure the Saab seats five, we'd be grand!
    Hope to have something else by then, maybe one of these....

giphy.gif

I've Kyary Pamyu Pamyu on the 20th amd a communion the week before, just putting it out there.

Any weird games for the beers coming up? Will I bring the one Atavan got me it's by the Until Dawn team

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

The curse ..it works quick!
    I'm going to be at Revival: Generation X 2018 on the weekend of the 18th so wont be around then .Previous week is out as well but otherwise I'm free.

The Games Animal is doing a new show? Fantastic. I really miss his self maintained fansite from the early aughts it was pure Alan Partridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,557 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The Games Animal is doing a new show? Fantastic. I really miss his self maintained fansite from the early aughts it was pure Alan Partridge.

That site was amazing! :D was really sad when I went to read it one day and it was gone.

If I remember correctly the forums were hilarious too.

Thank you internet archive, loads of saved pages if you fancy a look

https://web.archive.org/web/20070401000000*/http://gamesanimal.com/

Hahaha

https://web.archive.org/web/20071013142500/http://davesworld.gamesanimal.com:80/

Master of the Universe

Dear lord, just read this page. It's hard to believe it's not a parody.

https://web.archive.org/web/20071013142513/http://davesworld.gamesanimal.com:80/notorious.php?art=16

I do miss him from TV though, there was something oddly endearing about his utter arrogance. :d

The forum was hilarious. People were taking the piss but he could handle it. He was quite a good TV presenter and writer it's just that he was bonkers as well.

New wallpaper secured.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Dear lord, just read this page. It's hard to believe it's not a parody.

https://web.archive.org/web/20071013142513/http://davesworld.gamesanimal.com:80/notorious.php?art=16

I do miss him from TV though, there was something oddly endearing about his utter arrogance. :d

I liked this example of his philanthropic efforts for the general population
    I willingly travelled all over the country to play against anyone who could afford to pay my expenses.

And this list of heroes,
    Muhammed Ali, Gary Glitter and Johnny Rotten

A famous sportsman/muslim/worker for peace
    A pervert and child molestor
    An anarchist muscian

An eclectic bunch

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

He's actually a tattoo artist now.

I wonder what he'd make of a Mario64 tattoo design? Maybe one of a seated Mario sliding off the edge of a snowy cliff? :pac:

DinoRex wrote: »
    Sounds good.

I'll have my work schedule a bit clearer by the end of this week so I'll be able to bounce dates off you guys for a potential March meet up then.

Any update on this?
    I'm away the weekend of the 23rd

I'll double check with Jean.

But maybe the 30th or the 31st. Think that Friday is Good Friday though...

So how is the 31st for people? Too close to Jesus's birthday or whatever it is?

DinoRex wrote: »
    So how is the 31st for people? Too close to Jesus's birthday or whatever it is?
    All good here

Sounds perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

So what is it!!!!!

Hope everyone is well and looking forward to the weekend that is referred to as international be an Irishman for a day day.

The sparks family are in process of migrating again but this time to a much better place :)

31st of this month I am not sure how we stand ATM but if there is any way we can make it we will.

See you soon smegheads

31st it is then!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Dublin I presume ya ?

• Advertisement

Dublin I presume ya ?
    Yup it is

Advertisement