Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Bracken3000

DinoRex wrote:
    We must be doing them about 7 years now.

Are they mostly based in Dublin? I'm a dub but in Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Are they mostly based in Dublin? I'm a dub but in Meath.
    Yup, fair enough like most users here are in Dublin too.
    We went once outside of Dublin didn't we? And we couldn't find the house, we played Gregory Horror Show, where was that again?
    I'd love to host sometime but that won't be for years lol someday I'll pay ye back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

We went once outside of Dublin didn't we? And we couldn't find the house, we played Gregory Horror Show, where was that again?
    I'd love to most sometime but that won't be for years lol

That was Wicklow. But that's pretty much Dublin these days, anyway.

Yup mostly. We went once outside of Dublin didn't we? And we couldn't find the house, we played Gregory Horror Show, where was that again?

Is their many with long journeys? BTW signed on boards.ie after I came across the podcasts and enjoyed them, shame they have stopped, plus by chance, I know Gavin (Monkeyfudge) when I swapped C64 & Amiga games with him back in the early 90's

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The more the merrier I say, I have invited the shower on the Nintendo forum but they've been intimidated by our sheer awesomeness, aside from the moderator there, who is some kind of god I believe....

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    The more the merrier I say, I have invited the shower on the Nintendo forum but they've been intimidated by our sheer awesomeness, aside from the moderator there, who is some kind of god I believe....

You don't want to be messing with a god, that would just ruin your weekend.

I know Gavin (Monkeyfudge) when I swapped C64 & Amiga games with him back in the early 90's

(That's also me...)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You don't want to be messing with a god, that would just ruin your weekend.

0877a827-b010-49de-8152-3246c307f09f.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

DinoRex wrote: »
    (That's also me...)

:eek:

I am like the blue rose.

• Advertisement

I am like the blue rose.

34f90c21871dccfca160363c3bcafd48--panic-at-the-disco-interesting-tattoos.jpg

DinoRex wrote:
    (That's also me...)

You abandoned the monkeyfudge? A fudge falling out!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I am like the blue rose.

This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭Doge

Would love to go again but getting accomodation and getting out there is always a hassle for a Corkonian!

Is their many with long journeys? BTW signed on boards.ie after I came across the podcasts and enjoyed them, shame they have stopped, plus by chance, I know Gavin (Monkeyfudge) when I swapped C64 & Amiga games with him back in the early 90's
    Regularly just me really, I like the change of scene lol. It's not that much of a trip up tbf, some other travel far from time to time.

I never knew what to say in the podcasts, I think the room itself just put me under pressure. I'd love to try streaming instead, we did a couple on YouTube and on Facebook.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I'd love to host sometime but that won't be for years lol someday I'll pay ye back.

Lol that was my place, loooong time ago that was now, good fun it was. Jack's tasty burgers were delicious. :D

I also remember something about a green cake Dino made? Not sure.

I'd love to see a good crowd of regulars, and n00bs, come along to the Beers, it's been a while now since many have attended and it's always good to get together, see Retr0 blame poor performance on... anything other than his lack of skill...

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    I'd love to see a good crowd of regulars, and n00bs, come along to the Beers, it's been a while now since many have attended and it's always good to get together, see Retr0 blame poor performance on... anything other than his lack of skill...

CiDeRmAn wrote:

Oh a bit like Dave Perry having a melt down after losing at Mario 64 on Gamesmaster!

Oh a bit like Dave Perry having a melt down after losing at Mario 64 on Gamesmaster!

It was much worse, he failed at Ghouls'n Ghosts and also can't twerk as good as Atavan.
    The former was true, as the controller was borked, the latter was unfortunate as he had practiced, just didn't know he was going up against a guy who could have twerked on the pro circuit.

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    It was much worse, he failed at Ghouls'n Ghosts and also can't twerk as good as Atavan. The former was true, as the controller was borked, the latter was unfortunate as he had practiced, just didn't know he was going up against a guy who could have twerked on the pro circuit.

You got to know what your up against, complacency I guess!

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Lol that was my place, loooong time ago that was now, good fun it was. Jack's tasty burgers were delicious. :D

AH YES! I was thinking had Jack gone and couldn't remember.
    That was the Space Invader cake, I should have a photo of it.
    I'm actually have loads of beers photos I never put on FB and gonna get to doing those, I've more people on there now.
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'd love to see a good crowd of regulars, and n00bs, come along to the Beers, it's been a while now since many have attended and it's always good to get together
    Yeah would be good to welcome some newbies, tried to ask my friends in the big smoke to the last one but I forgot to remind them in good time.
    That's because Atavan is such a party animal he's like 5 people

• Registered Users Posts: 34,624 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »

I remember a beers at your before that! Ondafly brought an Ibara PCB that he had running in your sitting room on a supergun? Mr North Korea was even there, I remember bumming a smoke from him and having a great chat about importing candy cabs.

Jesus that must have been years ago at this stage.

Has a date been set for this one?

o1s1n wrote: »
    Jesus that must have been years ago at this stage.

Has a date been set for this one?

Yeah it was years ago, like 2012/2013?
    It's set for the 15th of Dec atm

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    Ondafly brought an Ibara PCB that he had running in your sitting room on a supergun? Mr North Korea was even there, I remember bumming a smoke from him and having a great chat about importing candy cabs.

Ah yes, my first time seeing Ibara in the flesh - man that game is stunning looking! So much detail going on. Top blokes ondafly and Pyongyang.
    I think I had the 360 hooked up to the cab that time - I seem to remember johnny_ultimate being fairly handy at the shmups too.

Recently only moved to kells to a bungalow with half an acre out back, could nearly hold a retro event with a half decent marquee and a bbq, being your own beer and consoles of course! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Recently only moved to kells to a bungalow with half an acre out back, could nearly hold a retro event with a half decent marquee and a bbq, being your own beer and consoles of course! ��

Do they have electricity there?

MrVestek wrote:

MrVestek wrote:

They do, problems getting a decent internet connection though as eir are pretty useless. Retro diall up internet here.

They do, problems getting a decent internet connection though as eir are pretty useless. Retro diall up internet here.

Handily, retro consoles care little for broadband, DLC, patches or other modern conveniences, instead they ask for a clean connector, a decent CRT and a proper controller, along with the ability not to blink for 15 minutes at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I might have to pass then.

I rarely travel to the pre broadband belt. :P

• Advertisement

MrVestek wrote:
    I regularly travel to the pre broadband belt.

It pretty bad, id say Eskimos have better internet than me.

Advertisement