Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Sparks43 wrote: »
    So what is it!!!!!

Hope everyone is well and looking forward to the weekend that is referred to as international be an Irishman for a day day.

The sparks family are in process of migrating again but this time to a much better place :)

31st of this month I am not sure how we stand ATM but if there is any way we can make it we will.

See you soon smegheads
    Hope you've a nice weekend yourselves, I'm just doing a bit if cosplay stuff for next week, nothing exciting.
    So glad to hear good news! Hopefully we'll see you and you'll fill us in, can't wait to hear.

Bumping because it's on this weekend :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Bumping because it's on this weekend :)

Woohoo!
    And stuff.
    Anything to be brought along?
    Will I bring the PSX?
    It's just a glorified PS/2, but such glory!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Would be curious to see it.

I'll be sure to set up the Ultimate 64 so everyone can take a look. I think it's a great little thing. I also have the DIVMMC Future for the Spectrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Nearly all systems go here in the sparks household. Having a bit of grub and will hit the road soon.

Should be there about nine or so :)

• Advertisement

Enjoy the night folks:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thanks for a great evening Dinorex!
    Creatures is so good, and surprisingly brutal!

Of course due to a printing error in Zzap!64 issue 30 the review scores for two games got mixed up.

eGZAR8c.jpg

So yeah... I've gotten pretty good at Death Race 64

yHVKQHO.jpg

So, what's the story with the next Beers night?
    I believe there was a road trip suggestion to BGO's place.
    If postponed I'm happy to host one in the coming weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭BGOllie

yep I'll have to postpone this from my side till most likely August I'm afraid.

K, well, what about a get together in mine in the coming weeks?
    9th of June work for many people I wonder?
    Give me time to engage with the spider's union and arrange for them to take a sabbatical from infesting my gamesroom for the duration of the get together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭BGOllie

I'll be in St Malo on the 9th actually :D:D

BGOllie wrote: »
    I'll be in St Malo on the 9th actually :D:D

Gods, but I loved St Malo!
    I'll have to go back some day!

9th of June is currently free for me anyway.

Can bring the Super SD System 3.

Sounds good then for the 9th.

9th is free for me, it's my birthday the 7th and was gonna go to Galway see my friends new restaurant beside the Aquarium but one of my friends has exams that so might wait instead

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I'm fairly new to this sub forum, but I'd be interested in some future events if possible. If it's a lot of poorly played retro games and talking shíte, then I'll fit in just fine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭Inviere

DaveyDave wrote: »
    If it's a lot of poorly played retro games and talking shíte, then I'll fit in just fine :D

Apparently sometimes they don't even play the games, & focus entirely on talking shíte.....

/runs :pac:

Inviere wrote: »
    Apparently sometimes they don't even play the games, & focus entirely on talking shíte.....

That pretty much sums them up!

• Advertisement

Inviere wrote: »

Genuine me tho :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Also replace poorly played games with poorly playing games aka sh ite games

Ye should have a pit fighter tournament, winner gets a copy of EA Double Header for the Mega Drive. Unboxed of course

Ye should have a pit fighter tournament, winner gets a copy of EA Double Header for the Mega Drive. Unboxed of course
    The winner should get a copy of Rise of the Robots, everyone loves that right?

Nah, Rise Of The Robots is unreal. Soundtrack by Brian May :)

So come on folks, commit to the night!

I definitely will.
    Sparks probably has exams atm?
    Cross post on General?

So, who can come along next Saturday night??
    Should be a blast

I'm down to clown!

• Advertisement

tenor.gif

Advertisement