Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Thanks for everything Dino and Jean, cozy beers but good fun, I'll be dreaming of bleach and pinecones lol.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Thanks for hosting last night, sorry I was very tired and hungover :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

Must have been some hangover to last into the early hours! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Doge wrote: »
    Must have been some hangover to last into the early hours! :pac:

I stopped drinking at around 7am so it was pretty rough. I'm getting too old to be dealing with weekend sessions!

I'm getting too old to be dealing with weekend sessions!

f6f1edf89273cbe018100ea5d168283f9813f143c275e5b4d9d8e1d3c0d689dc.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thanks for the great night Dino, another tired person this morning, a 07:45 start!
    If RE7 has thought us anything it's to be quicker cutting ties around hands and not to crawl into crawl spaces, or descend spooky ladders.
    Or go into the house at all.

The cheeseburger nachos were a thing legends are made of.
    It won't be "Do you remember the Beers when we played Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime"
    It'll be "Do you remember the Beers when we had the freakish nachos!"

Did any of you guys make it to the 3rd floor? Theres a few secrets in the demo, and a use for the dummy finger which has not been figured out yet.

Did any of you guys make it to the 3rd floor? Theres a few secrets in the demo, and a use for the dummy finger which has not been figured out yet.
    We did get up there but don't think anyone knows the use yet.
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The cheeseburger nachos were a thing legends are made of.
    It won't be "Do you remember the Beers when we played Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime"
    It'll be "Do you remember the Beers when we had the freakish nachos!"
    OMG! Yeah! I almost forgot and they had a pure pickle taste, it was amazing.
    Where you you get em Dino?
    superthumb.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

We don't know about the dummy finger, we do know that there is some sort of preoccupation with mannequin dummys and the supernatural in Japan
    mannequin-1987.jpg

• Advertisement

We don't know about the dummy finger, we do know that there is some sort of preoccupation with mannequin dummys and the supernatural in Japan
    mannequin-1987.jpg

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=100198768#post100198768

:(

So, looking at a quick turn around and a hooley before Atavan departs for all things maple syrup and icy.
    Perhaps the 30th of July or the 6th of August?
    What suits Atavan firstly and then we'll start planning this bad boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

As was I.... too much freedom beer at the 4th of July party the day before at the ambassadors house.

Thanks for coming round everyone... Oh and the cheeseburger nachos I got in Tesco.. it's some new Doritios bull**** where there are two crazy flavours and they want people to vote on one to get destroyed for all time.

So, looking at a quick turn around and a hooley before Atavan departs for all things maple syrup and icy.

As I'm now an unemployed bum with 10 kids, a council house and my ex living with me on the sly, either date suits me.

As I'm now an unemployed bum with 10 kids, a council house and my ex living with me on the sly, either date suits me.

Woohoo!

10 kids...

You were busy...

But let's face it, if anyone could do it it's you!

Either date is good for me too, keep me updated (*˘︶˘*) looking forward to it.
    As I'm now an unemployed bum with 10 kids
    You left those kids to become a Pokemon trainer!
    pewter09.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'll be busy off confirming my commitment to my player 2 at that time, so no go for me.

Star Lord wrote: »
    I'll be busy off confirming my commitment to my player 2 at that time, so no go for me.

Sure bring her along, I've a big back garden and could get ordained in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster in no time, with a current credit card....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Just checked little miss sparks holiday plans and either date will suit.

Although what does it say when a 12 year old goes on 3 summer holidays and all I get is a weekend in sunny donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Any chance we could have I on the 30th..

In Kerry on the 6th..

• Advertisement

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Just checked little miss sparks holiday plans and either date will suit.

Although what does it say when a 12 year old goes on 3 summer holidays and all I get is a weekend in sunny donegal

That would be one weekend in Donegal ahead of me!
    I am on leave from tomorrow for two weeks and have little more than this to look forward to :(

Bugs-Bunny-Hitting-Rock-in-Jail.gif

Okay,
    So how does the 30th of July sound to everyone?
    Should be fine, and we can give Mr Atavan a proper send off!
    Preferably free of boy band quiz games, but more dance offs.

Okay,
    So how does the 30th of July sound to everyone?
    Preferably free of boy band quiz games, but more dance offs.
    Either date is still fine for me thankfully :).
    You didn't say no Spice Girls game though. Maybe Pokemon Stadium, put on some 90s choons lol
    tumblr_lizekerMvp1qdq5u6.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭BGOllie

should be able to make this one :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,869 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Should be able to make this one as well.

I'll have Firewarrior ready to rock on the Plasma!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Would bring the CDI but don't have one anymore :-(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,869 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Would bring the CDI but don't have one anymore :-(

Well you're in luck because I have one!

Might just bring the MSX 2 instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well you're in luck because I have one!

Might just bring the MSX 2 instead.

Hopefully I can make this one as well, I can bring the MSX flashcard loaded up with 'stuff'..

• Advertisement

What stuff?
    Good stuff?
    Mr Big Stuff?
    HR Puff'n Stuff?
    He's Your Friend When Things Get Rough?

Advertisement