Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Just good old fashioned stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    What stuff?
    Good stuff?
    Mr Big Stuff?
    HR Puff'n Stuff?
    He's Your Friend When Things Get Rough?
    Maybe it's the right ... what's that stuff?
    1285199.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just good old fashioned stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Gone a bit Dr. Suessy in here!

Star Lord wrote: »
    Gone a bit Dr. Suessy in here!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, how is every fixed for my place on the 30th of July then?
    Let me know so I can order in enough bags of Rancheros and bottles of TK Red Lemonade

Let me know so I can order in enough bags of Rancheros and bottles of TK Red Lemonade
    Still good to go, looking forward to it
    giphy.gif
    I'll be very disappoint if I don't get rancheros and TK now, the longings begin lol.
    I was going to get cheeseburger Doritos but couldn't eat that all myself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I'm going to try to make it to this one, I still have a marquee for Oisin that I collected from Mitch when I was out with him last. That was months ago now :o

giphy.gif
    I have the song playing but watching the gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

I'd love to be going but its just too much out of my reach I'm afraid.

Hope you guys have a ball though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,552 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'm going to try to make it to this one, I still have a marquee for Oisin that I collected from Mitch when I was out with him last. That was months ago now :o

Not sure I can make this one so you may need to retain the marquee for a little longer if you don;t mind - actually I still owe you a few euros for that Raiden DX too :eek:

Do we have some deal pending that is still awaiting??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Confirmed free for the 30th :)

Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Little ms Sparks is bringing Pokemon

Sparks43 wrote: »

Same here! It's been too long since I saw you or Ms Sparks. Pokemon is always good too.
    I'm sure she's looking forward to the AC New Leaf update too.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the day!
    Should be a laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Confirmed free for the 30th :)

Need a lift?

o1s1n wrote: »
    Not sure I can make this one so you may need to retain the marquee for a little longer if you don;t mind - actually I still owe you a few euros for that Raiden DX too :eek:

No bother, maybe next time. I'm in no panic at all.
    Do we have some deal pending that is still awaiting??

I think we have Bokan to Ippatsu on ps1 for 10 euro, does that sound right?

That's the one!
    I'll have the few bob ready for you.

I'll get my Namco stick warmed up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

DinoRex wrote: »
    Need a lift?

Yes please :) usual spot?

Will send you a pm with my new number later in the week

• Advertisement

Right, the now traditional eviction of creepy crawlies from the gamesroom has gone relatively smoothly.
    The spiders local union branch agreed to move out for the evening, they have decamped to the shed outside but certain concessions have had to be made about them being allowed to bring beer with them... I'm hoping I don't regret it....
    Everything seems to work, there remains the need for some more RGB cables and a few composite mods, the 2600 for one, but I can get to that before Christmas!
    Anyways, have to get it all done today as I'm working tomorrow, but will be home in time to greet you shower in the evening!

Right, the now traditional eviction of creepy crawlies from the gamesroom has gone relatively smoothly.
    The spiders local union branch agreed to move out for the evening, they have decamped to the shed outside but certain concessions have had to be made about them being allowed to bring beer with them... I'm hoping I don't regret it....
    If they protest can we ask them to play classical gas?
    1071703.jpg

Have old reliable rocky road ready to go, looking forward to the break :)

So... MSX flashcart.. any requests on what rom/dsk images to bring ?

The TOSEC is huge and individually zipped so a pain to extract all of it, anyway too much choice just leads to hours and hours looking at list deciding what to try..

Sure, have them all on the cab anyways!

Sure, have them all on the cab anyways!
    What was I playing last time with all the weird bosses? Lalu - something?

So... MSX flashcart.. any requests on what rom/dsk images to bring ?

The TOSEC is huge and individually zipped so a pain to extract all of it, anyway too much choice just leads to hours and hours looking at list deciding what to try..

I'm looking forward to seeing the MSX, I never saw one running before. Did you ever get around to the ps1 adapter for the JammaCon?

I'm looking forward to seeing the MSX, I never saw one running before. Did you ever get around to the ps1 adapter for the JammaCon?

Yep the PS1/PS2 adapter was finished ages ago and as an interesting side effect it can (and has) been used with Xbox/Xbox360/Gamecube/Dreamcast consoles using third party PS2 -> 'other console' adapters :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I won't be able to make this unfortunately :( sorry guys maybe next time.

As for msx games make sure everyone tries Space Manbow, a game so good it made my American friend buy a msx 2 the next day :)

The rule of EnterNow/Myrddin strikes once again :(

• Advertisement

Let me know if anyone needs directions.
    Party kicks off when Atavan gets here, but we'll be accepting callers from 20:00!

Advertisement