Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modded/Custom Sticks

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Fantastic stuff there Terry, now all you have to do is complete your quest to master the power of tiger. Remember QFC+P, QFC+K repeat...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I just get Reads to print on regular or photo paper. Check they didn't feckless it up (eg wrong button hole sizes, etc) then laminate the paper.
    Finally, get some doublesided tape and a REALLY sharp scalpel and you're away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Fantastic stuff there Terry, now all you have to do is complete your quest to master the power of tiger. Remember QCF+P, QCF+K repeat...

Paul, are you implying that I haven't yet mastered the power of tiger? Well, I see. At least I've mastered it enough to beat your scrub honda :D

Oh yeah, I went there

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

animaX wrote: »
    Paul, are you implying that I haven't yet mastered the power of tiger? Well, I see. At least I've mastered it enough to beat your scrub honda :D

Oh yeah, I went there

*popcorn*

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Oh yeah, I went there

We had 3 Honda vs. Sagat matches last night and I won all of them, what are you talking about?! :D

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    We had 3 Honda vs. Sagat matches last night and I won all of them, what are you talking about?! :D

Lulling you into a false sense of security. Its playing beautifully into my hands :P

Slightly on topic here, does anyone have a faulty/busted xbox pad (wired) that they'd like to sell? Or does anyone know of anyone who might? (I'm lookin at you A-trak).

Why you ask? The converter I'm using needs an official wired xbox pad to be plugged in (just once) in order to pass the security check. At the moment I'm using my first stick to accomplish this but that means that I can't use both sticks at the same time (If I have someone over). And of course, my wireless controllers wont do the job. I could buy a wired pad of course but it seems a waste as I'll only need it for 3 seconds! However, a dodgy pad should still do the verification job for me.

Well, if anyone hears anything let me know

I should probably have a few busted pads, from when I couldn't solder properly.
    I'll bring them in so we can test if they can authenticate.

A-Trak, can I have any & all Fightpads B-Trak busts up, please? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

gratz on the bad ass fightstick terry.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I should probably have a few busted pads, from when I couldn't solder properly.
    I'll bring them in so we can test if they can authenticate.

Ok cool, I'm holding you to that! Bring in your disaster jobs next time we meet :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

A-Trak, can I have any & all Fightpads B-Trak busts up, please? :D

Yup will bring them along the next time. The fat fingered fool has now bought a TE stick so Madcatz should see a massive decline in there fightpad revenue from now on,

Wonder how long he'll take to mess the TE up as well, (He busted 2 fight padz and 2 regular Xbox controllers with SFIV aone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Just saw your stick on Animax and its really ****ing nice. Its now my #2 fav stick after PPC's!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

(although as I said, reads wont print on this for you) and laminate.

Where'd ya get printed Terry?

A-Trak wrote: »
    Where'd ya get printed Terry?

I got the secretary in work to print it for me! She has a good colour printer. I could probably do it for you if you wanted it printed (if reads don't print it for you)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I got the secretary in work to print it for me! She has a good colour printer. I could probably do it for you if you wanted it printed (if reads don't print it for you)

Was it hard to get the edges clean cut and the holes etc? Im thinking of going down this route instead of a plexi on my TE.

bush wrote: »
    Was it hard to get the edges clean cut and the holes etc? Im thinking of going down this route instead of a plexi on my TE.

No, I found it very easy to be honest. I actually printed it with the template borders showing (even though they say not to print the button holes and borders). Also, I never removed the original artwork and didn't remove the face plate. I simply cut the shape with a scissors and placed it on top then cut the holes with a stanley blade.

The only difficult part was getting the printer to print it at exactly the right size. I had to print a test version to make sure that the borders and holes were in the right spots. Something like this
    printtest.jpg#

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Put a new full faceplate panel on my TE.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

This is the second artwork I designed that I got printed, so that I can switch to it when I get bored of the current one.

7.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Does the TE normally have a raised edge like that or is it just your new top plate?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Does the TE normally have a raised edge like that or is it just your new top plate?

No it's just the new faceplate. The normal TE has a smaller artwork with a red plastic bezel.

The main improvement from this for me is the counter sunk screws. The normal TE's ones sit on top of the faceplate and I find my wrists would always rub off them. These ones are now flush with the plexi top.

I LOVE the look of that second plate - nice and clean!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

would something like this work for arcade sticks?

http://www.decalgirl.com/page.view/skininfo.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Reanimemmett

I just get Reads to print on regular or photo paper. Check they didn't feckless it up (eg wrong button hole sizes, etc) then laminate the paper.
    Finally, get some doublesided tape and a REALLY sharp scalpel and you're away.

What way do you ask them to print? Just actual size on A4 photo paper? Also, where do you get double sided tape?

Finally getting around to actually finishing this stick. Gotta get a Chimp next for my TE.

What way do you ask them to print? Just actual size on A4 photo paper? Also, where do you get double sided tape?

Finally getting around to actually finishing this stick. Gotta get a Chimp next for my TE.

Not sure about the sticky tape but as for printing I think you just print it as is (if you're using a standard template).

By the way, what is this new chimp? Is it toodles follow up to cthulhu? What does it do?!

It's an Imp Board and MC Cthulhu in one. So it's just to make dual modding easier. I just want to make my TE work on everything so gonna look into getting one, they're on sale now anyways.

EDIT: I just called Read's to find out what file formats they print, they said to save the .psd as a jpeg. Is this what other people have done? Don't wanna go in there tomorrow and not end up getting it done because it prints wrong or something.

Aye, I got them all printed from JPEG.
    Do yourself a favour and have either your faceplate or at least a ruler with you so you can check the print before it gets laminated - I've had wrongly sized prints before (on A3 for a HRAP :()

Ok, thanks for the advice. SEs are just printed on A4 though, right?

EDIT: Oh, an where'd you get the double sided tape?

The Reads stationary section downstairs.

Yup, SE is A4. Probably the easiest of all sticks to get art for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Stylesclash1702

Hi how easy is it to mod a Hori fighting stick three im not the best at modding stuff.
    Plus the i cant get used to the square gate can you use no gate till i get the parts to mod it

Hi how easy is it to mod a Hori fighting stick three im not the best at modding stuff.
    Plus the i cant get used to the square gate can you use no gate till i get the parts to mod it

Hori's are never the easiest sticks to mod since the buttons are usually soldered directly to the pcb. And the button holes are slightly smaller than the standard 30mm.

You couldn't really take the gate off and use it without replacing it with a new circular or octagonal gate. The stick wouldn't be able to activate the switches properly.

• Advertisement

Slightly off there Terry. The microswitches would actually fall out if there was no gate :P

@Stylesclash1702: if you're getting mod parts, please be aware that the only stick with a readily available circle gate is the Seimitsu LS-32. All other sticks use square or octo (and American/Korean are too big).

Advertisement