Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modded/Custom Sticks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭RedDragonJack

OK, so who's ordering a plexi plate from this guy? We should start a list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Hey lads, just got my new stick up and running :D
    I was able to install a ps1 pcb into an SE without any soldering whatsoever and it works a charm. Had to be the quickest mod job ever! Now waiting for my ps2-360 and ps2-ps3 converters to arrive and I'm all set.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Nice, it sounds to me like if I ever wanted to duel mod my stick, it'd just be easier to make it a ps1/2 stick and use converters. Which kinda makes me think....wtf did I just spend 70 to buy a plastic shell... lol .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

SE shell is teh sex.

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Nice, it sounds to me like if I ever wanted to duel mod my stick, it'd just be easier to make it a ps1/2 stick and use converters.

It is really handy (especially if you use this method) and the converters I've ordered have been tested on shoryuken as lag free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Looking to get a new stick and buttons (8 in total)

I'd be looking to get an octo gate that's fairly loose, and I'm also wondering if it's possible to get buttons with no negative edge? I'd like to see what having it disabled does to my game.

For stick and buttons what ones would you recommend?

Is http://www.arcadeshop.de/ the best place to buy from?

Is anybody putting in any orders here, so I could go in with them and split shipping? I could pick them up and pay for them at one of our casuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I found them quite expensive compared to Akihabara shop!

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Looking to get a new stick and buttons (8 in total)

I'd be looking to get an octo gate that's fairly loose, and I'm also wondering if it's possible to get buttons with no negative edge? I'd like to see what having it disabled does to my game.

Is anybody putting in any orders here, so I could go in with them and split shipping? I could pick them up and pay for them at one of our casuals.
    No such thing as "buttons without negative edge" -- NE is a software feature wherein the game reads your button release as an input for non-normal moves. In SFIV, this also helps with plinking, I believe.

However, if you just want less-sensitive buttons, get Seimitsu buttons; just be aware that PS-14-G (snap-in) have flatter tops than all other Seimitsus.

As for "loose" octo sticks, get either Seimitsu LS-33 (short shaft) or LS-55 (regular shaft) together with a LS-56 Octagonal Main Guide -- far, FAR superior to Sanwa's offering IMHO.
    You could also try a Seimitsu LS-32 with the Round Main Guide.

Also, Akihabarashop.jp is superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

If you don't want negative edge then you don't understand how awesome negative edge is. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I'm waiting ages on arcade shop.de for an order of buttons, a month tomorrow. So you need to be patient.

I'll be making another order soon as I forgot a few bits and pieces, will be ordering from Akihabarashop.jp next time as I'm an impatient sort.
    HMUYA has requested a few buttons that I'm including - I'll let you know whe n I'm ordering if you still need some stuff at that stage.

• Advertisement

A whole month? And the package has shipped? Sounds like our Glorious An Post has screwed up again! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

How the hell do you get the top plate off a HRAP?

Do the round steel bits just pry off or are they screwed in somehow?

EDIT: Found out how. So much work just to switch two buttons around!

Now imagine having to open a HRAP *EIGHT TIMES* because stuff keeps on not working. :mad:

Swapped the offending Circle button for R1 (after much trouble with the "quick disconnect" cables) and when I tested it both buttons were working fine!

:rolleyes:

So now I have two buttons out of place for no reason.

Lads, what stick would you recommend to replace a stock SE stick?

Anything suited to a charge character?

Doomy swears by Seimitsu LS-32-01, I swear by Seimitsu LS-56-01.

Or you could try the Seimitsu LS-40-01.

Basically, Seimitsu > Sanwa.

Apparently my stick has a Sanwa JLF-TP-8Y-SK.

I like it a lot. I assume it'll fit in an SE Shell.

This is why I look forward to trying different peoples fightsticks now that I've had time with one, so I know what I like.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Doomy swears by Seimitsu LS-32-01, I swear by Seimitsu LS-56-01.

Or you could try the Seimitsu LS-40-01.

Basically, Seimitsu > Sanwa.

Went with the 32 as HMUYA has one in his SE and I quite liked it.
    (Have ordered your buttons as well Dan.)

So its Seimitsu for sticks and Sanwa for buttons is it? Out if interest, since all I know is the stock SE stick, what's so much better about these ones anyway, or rather whats so bad about the stock SE stick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I prefer Sanwa sticks to Seimitsu sticks, some people prefer Seimitsu sticks and/or buttons to Sanwa, it's all personal preference.

Honestly there's not that huge of a difference between them and you'll be able to play fine on any stick really. The SE stick feels like a cheap JLF knockoff or something, and is fine as long as it doesn't start malfunctioning on you.

I have a sanwa JLF and a seimetsu LS-32 but for now I'm using the sanwa with the octogate. Unfortunatelty, there is no octogate for the LS-32. I've also switched to seimetsu buttons for my new SE and I gotta say I do like them (even though they are a bit noisier).

Also, I received by converters from laugh yesterday! Such a quick delivery. The xconverter360 is a beauty, haven't tested the InPin yet. From now on, whether you're a ps3 or xbox360 user, you will be subjected to my sagat :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Also, Akihabarashop.jp is superior.

What's the delivery time like with them?

Also, is anyone going to be ordering any buttons or sticks in the next few weeks? We could split shipping and then just collect them at one of our casuals or tourneys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I got mine in about 3 weeks but that was delayed due to 2 pieces being out of stock, but they e-mailed and kept me informed. I believe Kiki stands by their delivery record anyway!

Also, is anyone going to be ordering any buttons or sticks in the next few weeks?

Possibly me, I will be modding my SE at some stage but I'm still only getting used to it. Have to see what I actually want to mod it with as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭RedDragonJack

P051209_2217.jpg

P051209_221701.jpg

My first custom stick. It's abit crude.

KiKi, you were very right about not being able to fit a fanta into a hori rap. Fanta's way too big for it.

Well I finally got the custom artwork onto my SE! Took me a while to get it printed since reads wouldn't print it for me (I was using an A4 vinyl sticker that I bought on ebay). Came out great though, loving it :pac:
    It's a replica of the classical Taito Vewlix panel with the vewlix changed to animax

The pics we taken on an iphone so they're not the best quality.

IMG_0179-1.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

Here's my two sticks side by side

IMG_0189.jpg

Now i need to spend less time modding and more time playing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Reanimemmett

How are other people getting their SE art on? I called Reads but they don't seem to do a lamilable type thing like Kinko's in the US do.

How are other people getting their SE art on? I called Reads but they don't seem to do a lamilable type thing like Kinko's in the US do.

I bought something like this on ebay. Then print on it (although as I said, reads wont print on this for you) and laminate. Once you cut away the laminated edges the back will still peel off and you have a sticker with a laminated front

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Thats really nice. im going put the vewlix template on my stick sometime too, its nice and clean.

Advertisement