Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modded/Custom Sticks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Probably the best stick I've ever used, to be fair. I'd prefer AnimaX's but the physical body is a bit too light for a chargey-wrenchy-sticky player.
    A-Trak wrote: »
    Would agree with you on that. (Chopper hated it though.) Would you not do the same with your doom-stick?

Hold on, what did I hate?

PPCs stick just looks like a modded TE to me. I have no problem using them, but prefer my Hori.

It's the button layout of HRAP 2 and onwards Hori sticks I don't like.

Doom why have you not posted images of the modding you've done to your stick? I mean it has a sticker!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

best stick ever made is hrap 2 specially with pink buttons

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Placebo wrote: »

WRONG.

The best stick EVAR is the majesty that is the DooMstick.

You ready for it?

doomstick.jpg

As you can see it's been extensively modified, in the most important way.

Oh yeah and then there's DooMstick beta:

semitstick.jpg

I need to sort some custom art for the SE there, the acid green doesn't really go. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

pfffft

13048_202172679941_666799941_4099940_2241148_n.jpg

13048_202172674941_666799941_4099939_6639400_n.jpg

p.s: thanks ciaran

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Placebo wrote: »

Was reminded of this when I first saw this post. (OK, they're not pink but there's more than enough pink on the rest of the stick to last a lifetime.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I need to sort some custom art for the SE there, the acid green doesn't really go. :)

fullimg.Doom.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Even better.

dr._doom_vs_darth_vader.jpg

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

DoomStick2.jpg

Its been a heluva slow day in work :)

Sagat06 wrote: »
    DoomStick2.jpg

Its been a heluva slow day in work :)

WOW.

I'll pay anyone who can make that appear on my SE. Seriously!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

WOW.

I'll pay anyone who can make that appear on my SE. Seriously!

i have a friend who works in a printing place
    :D i dont know what they print but i'll ask him tonight and let ya know lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

*psssst*
    I can tell ya how to do it, too ;)

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    *psssst*
    I can tell ya how to do it, too ;)

I am waiting, gentlemen :)

Its easily done Doomy!

I just resize the file to the SE standard size, I'll send it to you as a JPG or a PSD (Photoshop file) and you bring it in to Reads and they'll print it for ya.

Now I dont know if they can do laminate printing or if you want to go down the plexi route!!

Reads will easily laminate that; just make sure they print it the right size first!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I am waiting, gentlemen :)

TE Template

Tournament_FightStick_Template_MadC.jpg?t=1240209999

Doom_SE_Templatecopy-1.png

TE Template
    I refuse to play against Doom unless he has this on his stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

animaX wrote: »
    My modded Hori EX2
    DSCF5473.jpg

Added sanwa buttons, cherry microswitches, seimetsu spring, sanwa octogate and sanwa balltop.

The movelist is very useful coz I can look down at it in the middle of a fight, in case I forget ryu's moves :P

You should change the artwork and just put in huge letters TIGER! :P

Seriously, class stick. I remember you brought it to one of the meets and loved the artwork. Has Stephen gone ahead with his site btw? I remember he said he wanted some feedback but never got any emails from him.

I refuse to play against Doom unless he has this on his stick.

Uh... not to be a dick as clearly alot of work went into that but... my stick's for PS3. I aint putting an XBox template on it :)

Reads will easily laminate that; just make sure they print it the right size first!

what about the holes?

Seriously, I am ham fisted, if there's a mistake to be made here I will make it.

Love this, the font you used looks incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Leprekaun wrote: »
    You should change the artwork and just put in huge letters TIGER! :P

Seriously, class stick. I remember you brought it to one of the meets and loved the artwork. Has Stephen gone ahead with his site btw? I remember he said he wanted some feedback but never got any emails from him.

haha, maybe i'll do that for my next stick! Hey, were you at the meet on saturday? I had to miss it. Are you coming down next time?

Stephen had a bit of a setback with his custom sticks after ordering buttons that turned out to be fake :mad:
    At the moment he is on holiday in asia so I haven't spoke with him. But he has a lot of cases made so I'm sure he'll pick it back up when he comes back. How are you getting on with your stick plans?!

I've been working on a bit of artwork in case I get a new stick. Something like this:
    test2.jpg
    with a ghostly (dead) gouken in the background, or just
    test1.jpg

I like the shoto character storyline which is why I have those chars in there (and no sagat!). Problem is, i'm not sure if the different art styles mix very well. What do you lads think?

what about the holes?

Seriously, I am ham fisted, if there's a mistake to be made here I will make it.
    Holes are easy -- after you stick the artwork on, you cut them from below with a craft knife.

@Animax: 1st one is better, but IMO I'd leave Gouken out altogether :p

haha, maybe i'll do that for my next stick! Hey, were you at the meet on saturday? I had to miss it. Are you coming down next time?

Stephen had a bit of a setback with his custom sticks after ordering buttons that turned out to be fake :mad:
    At the moment he is on holiday in asia so I haven't spoke with him. But he has a lot of cases made so I'm sure he'll pick it back up when he comes back. How are you getting on with your stick plans?!

I've been working on a bit of artwork in case I get a new stick. Something like this:
    test2.jpg
    with a ghostly (dead) gouken in the background, or just
    test1.jpg

I like the shoto character storyline which is why I have those chars in there (and no sagat!). Problem is, i'm not sure if the different art styles mix very well. What do you lads think?

Ah right, sorry to hear about the setbacks as he seemed like a sound lad.

Honestly, about the templates, they're nice but personally, I'd go for different pics of Akuma and Ken. Just my opinion ofcourse :)

I'm still looking into the stick as I'm having to overlook the costs again. I'll make a few templates while I wait for the parts to arrive :). I'm pretty handy with the graphics programs so I hope to make something mad. I was thinking along the lines of the shotos myself.

About the cases Stephen's got, is there any chance I could buy one off him? As I don't where to look to get one :S.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Problem is, I'm not sure if the different art styles mix very well. What do you lads think?
    I'd have to say they don't really mix, it looks tacky (just to be blunt)

Can someone here extract the colouring layer or actual print out layer for me from the PSD and make it into a PNG image with the holes and background transparent? As I'm a lot more familiar with PSP, PSDs (well, any PSD from PS5 don't work with PSP because of some dispute) aren't compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Leprekaun wrote: »
    About the cases Stephen's got, is there any chance I could buy one off him? As I don't where to look to get one :S.

I also asked him could I buy a case off him but he wasn't too keen on the idea. I guess his whole business model (and thus profit margin) is based around selling a full package. But he also has cthulhu pcbs (for ps3) so if you're still looking for a dual mod you could try to buy a case + cthulhu + maybe sticks and buttons from him. Send me a pm and I'll give you his email or whatever.
    Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    I'd have to say they don't really mix, it looks tacky (just to be blunt)

What I really wanted was just the picture of ryu with his 3rd strike background. Problem is, the image isn't very high res and if I blow it up bigger it looks pixelated. Does anyone know if you can convert a pixel image to a vector graphic so that it can scale up well?

Ah right, no worries then. I'll sort something out.

I think if you increase the print resolution, it allows for a larger size image without pixelation. I might be talking complete bollocks though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Love this, the font you used looks incredible.

Can't take credit for these lads, there from the SRK stick graphic thread.

Would anyone here know someone or some place where I can get a case made or buy one? Would there be any TE edition replicates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

What I really wanted was just the picture of ryu with his 3rd strike background.

Ah right, yeah I'd just watch out for mixing up different art styles.

btw on the subject of stages, I remember coming across these images, I dunno if someone could so something with them for a stick or not though :

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs46/f/2009/201/e/d/SF_2_stages__E_Honda_by_sith_x.jpg

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs46/f/2009/225/9/1/SF_2_stages__Sagat_by_sith_x.jpg

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs47/f/2009/173/8/5/Guile_Stage_by_sith_x.jpg

you might like this btw terry : http://www.dcorti.com/TETemplates/Ryu%20SF3%20holes.jpg

**edit** from : http://www.dcorti.com/TETemplates/

Advertisement