Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modded/Custom Sticks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Someone on SRK posted a quick review of the Hori V3.
    Good signs, this could be the next "Namco stick" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Stylesclash1702

I ended up getting a tournament edition fightstick so out with the hori and in with the new

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

A-Trak was looking for details on where I bought the faceplate for my stick so here it is:

Bought from this guy on SRK:
    http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=199891

Here's some more info:
    http://web.me.com/patricksummers/Site/Bloggy_thing./Entries/2009/8/5_TE_Plexi_Covers.html

I think PPC said he used the same guy earlier in this thread.

Anyway, recently I started to feel the stick was getting really loose so I decided to open it up and use a spring K.O.Kiki gave me a few weeks back. It's worked wondered, the resistance on the stick is perfect now

While I had the top off I decided to try out my second artwork for a while.

attachment.php?attachmentid=103881&stc=1&d=1264874274

attachment.php?attachmentid=103882&stc=1&d=1264874274

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

That looks sweet, good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Anyone know what the extra drop down box when ordering buttons on Akihabara Shop is all about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Its the switch type you want in it

It doesn't let you select them both though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Ah, seems its just extra switches and nuts for screw in's.
    They should come included, the option is just there if you want spares it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ya just select the colour you want, never mind the second box.

Bush80 wrote: »
    Ya just select the colour you want, never mind the second box.

Cheers.

Just ordered six buttons and two plugs.

Hopefully they'll arrive before the 4th of March.

Anyone know how long Akihabara Shop normally take?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

week and a half the last time I ordered

I ordered stuff lately. It took 5 days before they shipped it but took less than a week to get here when they did get around to shipping it. That was by air mail.

is this the best place to order buttons etc from? Gonna order my stuff soon too.

http://www.etokki.com/ is a good site too in korea, cheap shipping and fast delivery. They dont have as much stuff as http://www.akihabarashop.jp/ but I think if they do have what you want they work out cheaper. Its worth trying both sites and see which works out cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Out of curiousity, why do none of you order from gremlinsolutions.co.uk?
    Haven't bothered checking all the prices, but the JLF is around £18 from both, plus the delivery must be a lot faster.

yeah I'm just looking for whatever Sanwa stick goes in the SE and 6 sanwa buttons so whatever place is the cheapest I'll go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I've been thinking lately about my next possible project (I'm turning into Kiki :P)

So there's a new pcb in the market now which has native support for xbox360 and ps3/pc out of the box. This is the one. Turns out that its designed by Datel and that they've actually cracked the security on xbox controllers to do this! Info here.

Then i found this on amazon and even though it is horrible it contains the dual pcb and is ridiculously cheap!

People on SRK have been able to hook up this pcb using only quick disconnects (no soldering) which saves a lot of hassle.

My plan would be to rip the pcb out of the cheap datel stick and place it into a madcatz TE shell (with no pcb in it). Thing is, in order to do it without soldering I would have to keep the start/select/guide/turbo buttons connected to the pcb and make them somehow pressable from outside the TE shell.

'Tis a mad plan, but I'm just speculating! But it would be a damn cheap and easy way of getting dual compatibility without converters.

Side note: if anyone is selling a TE shell without pcb then let me know!!

Surely there'd be some soldering needed?

Surely there'd be some soldering needed?

Only if you need to remove the start/select/guide/turbo buttons from the cheap stick. Then you would have to resolder. If you could somehow leave them on the pcb and incorporate them into the outer shell then you wouldn't need to solder (i think!).

http://pausechat.free.fr/datel/jour36.JPG

That picture is ****ing gigantic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DecentBee

That stick looks interesting, any idea how easy it would be to mod?

That picture is ****ing gigantic!

Yeah, didn't realise till after i posted it! Made it a link instead of embedding.
    DecentBee wrote: »
    That stick looks interesting, any idea how easy it would be to mod?

Pretty easy. Guide here. I don't really like the look of the shell though, or the button layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

animaX wrote: »
    Pretty easy. Guide here. I don't really like the look of the shell though, or the button layout.
    Having owned a Mayflash for a while now, they're lovely little sticks and I'd definitely recommend them if you need something compact. Not too hard to mod and surprisingly comfy despite all the size of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Red350 wrote: »
    Out of curiousity, why do none of you order from gremlinsolutions.co.uk?
    Haven't bothered checking all the prices, but the JLF is around £18 from both, plus the delivery must be a lot faster.
    Because they're Brits :pac:

Nah j/k, I never ordered from them when the Pound STG was strong, and their online order system was too complicated (using Excel IIRC).

Some horrible pics of my 1st modded stick ever:

Still have to slap in the ps1 pcb though

16888265.jpg

80126258.jpg

87820658.jpg

Really is hard to make it out with this ****ty phone pics but meh.

Would love to have 3 more dark gray buttons with red outlines. And move 2 red and black buttons to the side replacing those fully red ones.

As the dark gray buttons go really nice with the case.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

How did you do the art in the end? Did you spraypaint the body?

Dark gray vinyl dye, (wanted black :( ) Art was printed out on an a4 page, laminated etc

I used the metal face plate to cut out the holes etc and double sided sticky tape to stick it on there.

It turned out far better then I expected, despite so many **** ups along the way:

-Wrong colour dye

-Art work printed too big, not even that happy with the artwork but I just wanted to get something done.

-****ed up the paint job a little , one of the corners looks like its been scratched a bit. (you'd have to look for it though)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I am actually going for somehing similar as it happens, a red body, top row of black buttons, bottom red, and red/black art scheme

And a green balltop :pac:

Wont the green stand out? anyway I can recommend the laminated double sided tape method, cheap , easy to do over if you mess up , no online ordering needed and gives nice results.

Can't see in the pics there but the art work is nice and shiny.

But as the sanwa dark hai buttons go so well with the cursed dark grey I painted it , I'd really love to now just have 6 dark hai with red outline buttons, instead of 3.

Anyone have any spare or willing to swap? :D

• Advertisement

Ive got 4 dark hai buttons, you can have em.

Advertisement