Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modded/Custom Sticks

Options
  • 29-10-2009 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

Show me your custom sticks/mods. I finished this the other day. Used to be a T5.

Image180.jpg
    Image181.jpg
    Image178.jpg
    Image182.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

5g3bZl.jpg

Sanwa orange balltop
    6x OBSF Orange
    2x OBSF Dark Hai
    Full panel plexi
    Soon to be dual modded

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

When (If) I get my art done, I'll post up pics.

At the moment it's an SE with black balltop and 6 black sanwa buttons. That reminds I should get two more buttons to complete the set.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Great idea for a thread, I don't have a stick yet myself but really admire peoples custom work. When I do get one I look forward to modding it too if I'm not too lazy (which I probably will be, god damn it)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Here's mine. I didn't mod this myself, though - mad props must go to mr_kyle (whom I bought it from in June 2008) and Tsukiko (who modded it for use on the 360 when SF4 was released). That said, I'm looking into getting custom artwork done for it.

24444597.jpg

It's an HRAP1 with an HRAP2 faceplate, Seimitsu stick and Sanwa buttons. Works with PS1/PS2/360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Reanimemmett

There's loads of different templates on Shoryuken if you're looking for art.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

There's loads of different templates on Shoryuken if you're looking for art.

Thanks, but I've actually already got a design in mind:

97893355.jpg

Should have made it clearer in my last post. It's based on this fine example of Picasso-inspired craftsmanship:

26813499.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Had to fix up my SE after the Madcatz PCB borked (RT + Down weren't working anymore).
    Added a metal handle & DB-15 connector.
    Photo-0255.jpg
    Photo-0256.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

My modded Hori EX2
    DSCF5473.jpg

Added sanwa buttons, cherry microswitches, seimetsu spring, sanwa octogate and sanwa balltop.

The movelist is very useful coz I can look down at it in the middle of a fight, in case I forget ryu's moves :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Arctic Zombie

PPC wrote: »
    5g3bZl.jpg

Sanwa orange balltop
    6x OBSF Orange
    2x OBSF Dark Hai
    Full panel plexi
    Soon to be dual modded

Man this is awesome, I would kill for this. It's just incredible. Do you mind telling me where you got this art?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Man this is awesome, I would kill for this. It's just incredible. Do you mind telling me where you got this art?

Used PPCs stick for a few matchs @ Lanparty and have to say loved both the mods he's made as well the artwork.

I think he mentioned he got the artwork from a thread on SRK and the plexiglass to go over it from a UK site.

Its a great job overall.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

A-Trak wrote: »
    Used PPCs stick for a few matchs @ Lanparty and have to say loved both the mods he's made as well the artwork.

I think he mentioned he got the artwork from a thread on SRK and the plexiglass to go over it from a UK site.

Its a great job overall.

Probably the best stick I've ever used, to be fair. I'd prefer AnimaX's but the physical body is a bit too light for a chargey-wrenchy-sticky player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Probably the best stick I've ever used, to be fair.

Would agree with you on that. (Chopper hated it though.) Would you not do the same with your doom-stick?

A-Trak wrote: »
    Would agree with you on that. (Chopper hated it though.) Would you not do the same with your doom-stick?

I keep my SE with semitsu parts for old school feel, the DooMstick stays as it is for it's lightness of touch.

I'd prefer AnimaX's but the physical body is a bit too light for a chargey-wrenchy-sticky player.

Yeah, I'm feeling that myself. Would love to get my hands on a good solid SE or TE and migrate everything into that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Bought a full panel plexi from http://web.me.com/patricksummers/Site/Bloggy_thing./Entries/2009/8/5_TE_Plexi_Covers.html

The artwork i used was http://thegibson.net/stick/capcom-vewlix-no-art.psd but i reworked it to fit the full panel http://thegibson.net/stick/teswish.psd

Reads printed it onto gloss card for about a euro.
    I just cut out the button holes then.

Removed the original artwork from the metal sheet on the te stick, put the new artwork on and put back in the buttons and screwed it all up. Was pretty easy to do.

animaX wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm feeling that myself. Would love to get my hands on a good solid SE or TE and migrate everything into that!

I think an SE would be perfect dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Classy stick PPC!

And yeah agreed with Doom about the SE being a good plan for you Terry!

I think an SE would be perfect dude.
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    And yeah agreed with Doom about the SE being a good plan for you Terry!

I know, I'm kinda waiting for my stick to give up so that I have to buy a new one. I'd feel too guilty just buying one. Maybe someone can accidentally step on it......

Look around and you'll get an SE for 50 squid at this point...

Could always give the EX2 to one of your friends who might be interested in SF, that's what I did with mine - introduced a friend to 2DF, gave him the EX2, and he's recently picked up SF4 and loves it. More blood for the fighting game god!

edit: Though if you want to scavange the parts from it I guess that isn't a perfect plan unless it'd be easy to put the SE buttons etc. in the EX2. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Looks like Hori buttons to me, hard to tell though. Usually on ebay they specify if it's Sanwa parts from what I've seen.

edit: @ Placebo not Cunny

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

deal extreme take years to deliver

I was just taking the piss, was looking on there for other stuff and saw that, I assumed it was ****e? Utterly clueless about sticks tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    I was just taking the piss, was looking on there for other stuff and saw that, I assumed it was ****e? Utterly clueless about sticks tbh.

Looks brutal alright.

Placebo wrote: »

I will feel like playing wrestle game with the street machine with this joystick :P

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Placebo wrote: »
    deal extreme take years to deliver
    Aye. Usually takes 2 weeks or so. But great for spending the last euro on the 3v.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Blanka1.jpg

Blanka2.jpg

Blanka3.jpg

Blanka4.jpg

I got my plexi from the same guy as PPC he printed my artwork aswell.

I just changed the balltop and buttons other than that no other mods!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I was hoping you'd post that Sagat06 I loved it when I saw it at Lanparty. :D

Ry

Advertisement