Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modded/Custom Sticks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Soooo I got my artwork put on the stick, with a slight hitch

When I got the art home I saw it was too big, as in scalewise. The buttons holes are way too big, but the stick outline is fine. So I thought, I can either have lined up stick and Vewlix logo all showing, and non alligned buttons, or alligned buttons with too big outlines, no vewlix logo and stick outline non alligned

Or I can go back and get it re-done and throw my money away

Being a poor bastard, I went with the former! It looks fine, only the button holes don't even allign xD

Probably goign to get a slagging but to be really honest I couldn't give two ****s, I was like aww **** it, I'll just stick it on

Pics up later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

aww **** man sorry bout that, it lines up perfect with the template from srk :confused:

Sagat06 wrote: »
    aww **** man sorry bout that, it lines up perfect with the template from srk :confused:

I know right? Makes no sense, but it's totally cool, as to be honest, I don't really mind :)

But yeah, it's odd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Bush80 wrote: »
    Ive got 4 dark hai buttons, you can have em.

Wow fking sound man! Nice one!
    Ramza wrote: »
    I know right? Makes no sense, but it's totally cool, as to be honest, I don't really mind :)

But yeah, it's odd

When printing off the artwork its best to have the holes and gaps turned off on the template and print from the psd file itself for best results.

You'll see it tomorrow if yer up, it's pretty damn funny, but to be honest I don't give a toss

And I'm not just saying, not arsed replacing it, sure it'll do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I went and bought one of these on impulse today. Just felt like it! Can't believe how cheap it is, €39.50 including delivery for the holy grail of pcbs :)

The whole stick is cheaper than buying the same pcb separately here! I think microsoft are currently taking legal action so these pcbs might become a rare item.

Now to buy a TE and stick this baby inside it

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

animaX wrote: »
    I went and bought one of these on impulse today. Just felt like it! Can't believe how cheap it is, €39.50 including delivery for the holy grail of pcbs :)

The whole stick is cheaper than buying the same pcb separately here! I think microsoft are currently taking legal action so these pcbs might become a rare item.

Now to buy a TE and stick this baby inside it
    Terry, i recently bought a TE and i like the look of this myself!!.
    Is it a big job to do it??. Was gonna go with the chimp board to play on PS3 but all that soldering put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

VSHG, yellow balltop, counter-sunk HRAP Start button.
    Dual-mod if I think I can do it.

MyVSHG.jpg

Madcatz SE, now with Start button on top!

MySE.jpg

BanjoB wrote: »
    Terry, i recently bought a TE and i like the look of this myself!!.
    Is it a big job to do it??. Was gonna go with the chimp board to play on PS3 but all that soldering put me off.

I have an idea in my head of how to mod will go, transplanting the pcb into a TE, and i think its not too big a job. That might change when its delivered and i look inside it though :pac:

I'll do a write-up and make a thread out of it when i do it. Take a few pictures along the way. Need to get my hands on a cheap TE first though

Note: there also is the possibility (no idea how likely) that microsoft will somehow refuse this pcb in an xbox update, since Datel have cracked microsofts controller security. This couldn't happen if you went the chimp + pad-hack route

I have an idea in my head of how to mod will go, transplanting the pcb into a TE, and i think its not too big a job. That might change when its delivered and i look inside it though :pac:

I'll do a write-up and make a thread out of it when i do it. Take a few pictures along the way. Need to get my hands on a cheap TE first though

Note: there also is the possibility (no idea how likely) that microsoft will somehow refuse this pcb in an xbox update, since Datel have cracked microsofts controller security. This couldn't happen if you went the chimp + pad-hack route
    Thanks man, food for thought there. I'll wait and see how you get on before i get the chimp board methinks.

• Advertisement

My plan now is to make this my second stick, and when I have some cash, buy barrys SE shell from his broken SE stick. Put the sanwa parts in that along with a ps1 pcb. Paint it and put new artwork on it, so this one served as a prototype :D

Clearer pics now though:

55361600.jpg

46916103.jpg

74401429.jpg

46916103.jpg

V nice artwork man. Did u just paint the shell???

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I'll do a write-up and make a thread out of it when i do it.

On this note do you have a link for the Ex 2 mod you did?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

That's a very good point, and I just bloody bought one. :pac:

Might have to get my hrap dual modded anyway then, and hold some important papers down with this.

Speed Boat wrote: »
    On this note do you have a link for the Ex 2 mod you did?

Sent you a pm! For anyone else interested the link is here. And the original hori mod is here
    That's a very good point, and I just bloody bought one. :pac:

Might have to get my hrap dual modded anyway then, and hold some important papers down with this.

Well it will always work on ps3 so it won't be completely useless! I doubt microsoft will bother coming out with an update just to stop these, they're not widespread enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Just finished adding the parts to a namco shell i had.

OMSXSl.jpg

I installed 6x OBSF buttons until i can get around to ordering some OBSN's.
    Had to shave the bottom off of the JLF and some of the bottom panel to make the stick fit.

PPC wrote: »

That balltop is sweet! Is there actually a mesh feel to it or is that just purely cosmetic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

That balltop is sweet! Is there actually a mesh feel to it or is that just purely cosmetic?

Just cosmetic, fells like the stock jlf ball in texture and weight.

Wouldn't mind trying one of these http://www.arcadeshop.de/Own-Label-Balltop-AB-35-black-metallic_967.html

Right, Jim and Kiki, tell me what you want now coz i'm ordering tomorrow!

€13 for a balltop :eek:

• Advertisement

I don't need much:
    • Seimitsu LB-35 balltop (green)
    • LS-56 sticker
    • KV0.3 cable (green)

(assuming you're ordering from Akihabarashop)

What are you ordering Terry? If its mainly just sanwa do check etokki it might work out cheaper.

Sisko wrote: »
    What are you ordering Terry? If its mainly just sanwa do check etokki it might work out cheaper.

I might be getting seimitsu stuff too. What does laugh have against seimitsu?! His site is all sanwa

It's more likely that he can't get any Seimitsu stuff in Korea (no distributors?).

Hey man any chance you could get me LB-35-M "MeshBall" in Dark Hai??

I'll fix you up through paypal or transfer or whatever??

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Hey man any chance you could get me LB-35-M "MeshBall" in Dark Hai??

I'll fix you up through paypal or transfer or whatever??

Haha, i'm gonna be getting one myself too! Thing is, i've decided now that I might not order anything until I can get my hands on a cheap TE. Only then will i order new stuff.

Really like the idea of a metal ball top. Be interesting to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dracucard

I bought one of these and modded it as a present to my girlfriend....well really so i could play sf even when she was over.i wouldnt recommend this as a first mod because of the soldering that goes into it. it was my first mod and it didnt go too well24088_382900226563_726941563_3995396_4143389_n.jpg

I got pink sanwa buttons and apink ball top. i downloaded the hori templatplate and used photoshop for the artwork then put plastic over it.24088_382900236563_726941563_3995397_409619_n.jpg

i had to take out the old buttions cos the were soooo bad. it was a pain in the ass makin the holes wider so the sanwa buttons could fit. also i replaced the 4 way gate with an 8 way gate

24088_382900241563_726941563_3995398_2759825_n.jpg

my awesome wiring job!24088_382900246563_726941563_3995399_3271529_n.jpg

this mod was really more trouble than it was worth. i recently got a fight pad so i let my gf use that now! im just gona take the 8 way gate and use it in my te stick

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

OMSXSl.jpg

I installed 6x OBSF buttons until i can get around to ordering some OBSN's.
    Had to shave the bottom off of the JLF and some of the bottom panel to make the stick fit.
    damn thats a dirty stick.. if you ever sell it keep me in mind i would love a ps stick

• Advertisement

Hey Mike! Nice to see you posting! I didn't know you used arcade sticks. Yeah my 1st modded stick didn't turn out too well either, although mine is an SE so it still turned out okay since its a piece of piss to mod.

Advertisement