Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modded/Custom Sticks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Would anyone here know someone or some place where I can get a case made or buy one? Would there be any TE edition replicates?
    Niking.niking on eBay sells blank cases for €40. Ships from China.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Cunny, I'm going to link those in the template thread if you dont mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

wait so how does one do this again, does hrap2 have a plastic plate that i can put art work underneath?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    btw on the subject of stages, I remember coming across these images, I dunno if someone could so something with them for a stick or not though :

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs46/f/2009/225/9/1/SF_2_stages__Sagat_by_sith_x.jpg

you might like this btw terry : http://www.dcorti.com/TETemplates/Ryu%20SF3%20holes.jpg

Nice find. Maybe I will make a sagat stick afterall!

That ryu template is the one that I used for the background

I'm also considering a classic vewlix style, possibly changing the "vewlix" to "animaX". Anyone know how I could do that?!
    madcatzfightsticktepane.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Niking.niking on eBay sells blank cases for €40. Ships from China.

cheers. Just what I need :)

• Advertisement

Animax.jpg

Haha, sagat you legend! That's brilliant thanks! Where did you get the font?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Seriously, if your putting your name on the stick, yea gotta put "Terry Destruction" on there hehehe

I couldnt find a font for it so I just messed with the letters thats already there. The A is an upsidedown V etc..

Sagat06 wrote: »
    I couldnt find a font for it so I just messed with the letters thats already there. The A is an upsidedown V etc..

Yeah I was actually going to attempt that myself but I was wondering where the "N" would come from! Took it from the M I see.

• Advertisement

Yeah, but it looks ok I think... could do with a bit of tidying, at full resolution it still looks a bit messy but I'll tidy it up for ya or do you want me to forward you the PSD and you can tweak it yourself??

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Yeah, but it looks ok I think... could do with a bit of tidying, at full resolution it still looks a bit messy but I'll tidy it up for ya or do you want me to forward you the PSD and you can tweak it yourself??

Yeah, if you wouldn't mind. I was going to ask for the psd file but didn't want to push my luck! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Has anyone experience of ordering from Arcadeshop.de?

I ordered a few bits and pieces nearly 3 weeks ago and no sign of them yet!

A-Trak wrote: »

They can be slow sometimes; did you get the confirmation email?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Cheers Kiki,

Got the confirmation mail a couple of days after I placed the order, and thats about 3 weeks now.

If there slow as a rule, I'm happy enough to wait, (Even with 2 stock buttons gone on my SE.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Far as I know they're reliable anyway A-Trak, not sure on speed as I haven't personally ordered from them.

A-Trak wrote: »

Yeah I put an order in with them before and it took the best part of a month, that was right when sf4 came out so they said they were crazy busy. But saying that they replied to all my e-mails and were honest about the whole process.

Does anyone by any chance have 4/6 white sanwa buttons for swap/sale? I'm thinking of doing a vewlix style layout and it wouldn't look right without white buttons!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭RedDragonJack

I'm thinking of ordering one of these of that laugh guy on shoryuken. Anyone have one? I want to know if it is possible to put one in a rap3? Also where you guys get the plastic to put art under?

You mean a Korean joystick? I'm not entirely sure if they'll fit into a HRAP without some modification -- Korean sticks mount at different heights to Japanese ones.

• Advertisement

Damn, are you sure? there's alot of space in there. I don't want to go and buy salubi or whatever just to try the fanta out.:mad:

So where do you guys source the fancy plastics for your mods?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Damn, are you sure? there's alot of space in there. I don't want to go and buy salubi or whatever just to try the fanta out.:mad:

So where do you guys source the fancy plastics for your mods?

You can get them from a dude in America. The postage is 30 dollars though so it would be best if you could get a few people to order to share the postage it wouldnt be too bad. Id probably go in, ive been thinking about putting on new art on mine.

bush wrote: »
    You can get them from a dude in America. The postage is 30 dollars though so it would be best if you could get a few people to order to share the postage it wouldnt be too bad. Id probably go in, ive been thinking about putting on new art on mine.

Yeah, I'd go in. Are you talking about pre-cut plastic to match the rap design or just plain sheets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Yeah, I'd go in. Are you talking about pre-cut plastic to match the rap design or just plain sheets?

Ye they are precut and he can print and cut the artwork too.

bush wrote: »
    Ye they are precut and he can print and cut the artwork too.

Do you know how much he charges, cause i was looking a this: http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370165563321&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Arthong's plexi services: http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/

He laser-cuts the button holes to-order.

As for my comment regarding the Fanta sticks, they are quite a bit bigger than even Seimitsu LS-40. Additionally, they have to be mounted lower (the big ring isn't supposed to stick out much).
    Check this thread for ratings and note the size.
    I can bring a Saulabi stock stick in if you want to see how big it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Reanimemmett

Does anyone know where to get vinyl dye in Ireland or online somewhere that actually ships here?

Does anyone know where to get vinyl dye in Ireland or online somewhere that actually ships here?

Halfords, bout €15

• Advertisement

That's the stuff, works wonders.
    Make sure you get the right colour (as indicated by the LID, not the CAN) :rolleyes:

Unless someone else knows cheaper stuff!

Advertisement