Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah thats the thing, only reason I got it is because it wasnt an completly outragous price. €45 posted, and checked on ebay then and there was one BIN for £99 so seemed alright to me. Glad I got it though, doesnt come up that much around that place

• Registered Users Posts: 34,564 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

From what I've seen, you got it for a great price. I'll have to add that to my ebay saved searches. Seems like an interesting thing to have.

Master of the Universe

Is it just me or have RGB cables come down loads in price? I just got a Snes one for €8.00 delivered. And it's from consolegoods.co.uk's ebay account, so it's definitely legit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

My copy of Death Smiles arrived in the post today - a Saturday :eek: Was up early (well, 9 AM) to head into the film festival in town, was a nice gift on the doorstep when I hazily left my house!

2s823xe.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Picked up my Amiga 600 today. Chuffed, 25 quid for God sake men it's a steal!

14j9qv4.jpg

2s007qh.jpg

347u344.jpg

Slightly yellow in places, but for the cost I can live with that. I'll do all the mod-cons to it eventually, including the hdd etc. I might even try the yellowing removal solution too.

The same seller has another one up for €20, twenty quid lads. No mouse, someone buy the bloody thing though!

http://www.adverts.ie/other-computers/amiga-600-power-supply-joystick-kickstart-37-300/457333

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Is that a german keyboard or something? First noticed the y and z being switched then (I think) the umlauted letters on the right.

amacachi wrote: »
    Is that a german keyboard or something? First noticed the y and z being switched then (I think) the umlauted letters on the right.

Lol, actually it is. Can I exhange the keys & change the option to use the standard QWERTY in the system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

EnterNow wrote: »
    Lol, actually it is. Can I exhange the keys & change the option to use the standard QWERTY in the system?

If it's like windows then yeah. I assume you've already made sure it's mapped as the buttons are laid out.

amacachi wrote: »
    If it's like windows then yeah. I assume you've already made sure it's mapped as the buttons are laid out.

Never assume anything when it comes to me :o I'll check it again later, I'm already looking at better kickstarts :rolleyes: it's over for me now, save yourselves! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

The same seller has another one up for €20, twenty quid lads. No mouse, someone buy the bloody thing though!

http://www.adverts.ie/other-computers/amiga-600-power-supply-joystick-kickstart-37-300/457333

That is really rather tempting. But twenty quid when you're a student is still twenty quid. I'd probably never use the thing anyway.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

There are region options on my A1200. Not sure about the 600 though? Would imagine there are.

I found out as the OS on my one was set to German when I got it :eek:

Almost had a heart attack.

Anyway, someone, please buy that 600 that Enternow linked before I do! I really don't need another, but at that price it's pretty feckin hard to say no.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Another Commodore laptop to add to the collection (OK, I've three :-) )
    This one's a 286, probably 6 or 8 MHz chip, probably 1MB RAM, dead battery as usual... I'm usually happy if the HD works...
    commodorec286lt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭yrwhu8jxtni06a

"Keymaps" are on one of the wb disks,its what your looking for.

When you install wb you can change the settings in with keymaps,it will ask you,heres pics to guide you through-

http://www.lemonamiga.com/help/tutorial_1/7.php

Kickstart chips for the A600 are here-

http://www.vesalia.de/e_kickstart%5B154%5D.htm

"Keymaps" are on one of the wb disks,its what your looking for.

When you install wb you can change the settings in with keymaps,it will ask you,heres pics to guide you through-

http://www.lemonamiga.com/help/tutorial_1/7.php

Kickstart chips for the A600 are here-

http://www.vesalia.de/e_kickstart%5B154%5D.htm

Your a gentleman & a scholar, cheers! :)

Just to add,if anyone upgrades their migs,the standard psu is shoite,was only suited for light stuff,so if you get to levels of accelerator/turbo cards,you need to adapt and PC psu or buy something like this-

*which is an pc psu itself *make sure you tick the euro psu setting at bottom when order
    http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=866

Or DIY Pc psu the hack guide here-
    http://www.ianstedman.co.uk/Amiga/amiga_hacks/Amiga_Power_supplies/body_amiga_power_supplies.html

Anything with hard drives etc,A500 supply should do fine,the mig supply its external so it only draw what it needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Have a mig1200 myself. The power supply went bang when I turned it on one day. So I DIYed a PC power supply to use on the mig and the thing goes fine now. Except that the Floppy has failed, so I am going to have to buy the HD SD card drive.

I don't know adverts.ie. It's all pick up only, right?

Except that the Floppy has failed, so I am going to have to buy the HD SD card drive.
    Turn it on and listen for the ticking sound,then you know its not dead,not ticking then open up A1200 and check for loose connection

Drives on amigakit are too expensive,ebay is the way-

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Chinnon-Internal-disk-drive-Amiga-1200-600-computers-/310296232922?pt=UK_VintageComputing_RL&hash=item483f18c3da

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    I don't know adverts.ie. It's all pick up only, right?

Yep, pickup from the Ballymun area. It's very easy to find, & parking etc is right beside him.

Yep, pickup from the Ballymun area. It's very easy to find, & parking etc is right beside him.
    I've no doubt that if I lived in Dublin I would have little difficulty picking it up!
    Curse of the bogmen. No good concerts. No cool pickups.

• Advertisement

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    I've no doubt that if I lived in Dublin I would have little difficulty picking it up!
    Curse of the bogmen. No good concerts. No cool pickups.

Oh I dunno about that man, I've seen plenty of gems on Adverts that were outside of the Black Pool, & available to yee country folk :( Might be worth asking him about postage even, it still might work out cheap?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Was in Rage and bought something that I told myself I wouldn't get.

Got an NTSC N64, Conkers Bad Fur Day (NTSC) and Doom 64 (PAL).

Now should I rebuy all my games as NTSC games or be content that if I buy 3 more games I'll have every game I ever wanted for the N64?

Need to get an s-video cable to get the most out of the NTSC N64 though and I'll report back on if it makes a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Picked up these today from the car boot,nothing major but I got them all for €16.Can't wait to get stuck into Pro 18 :world golf tour:rolleyes:

DSCF2093.jpg?t=1298209719

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Need to mod the console for RGB, seeing as the NTSC units have RGB natively to get the most out of the NTSC N64 though and I'll report back on if it makes a big difference.

Fyp dude.

How much was the console if ya don't mind my asking?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Unfortunately it's one of the later models. It might be a snazzy transparent aquamarine but no RGB mod. Still there's no noticeable difference between s-video and RGB. It was only 20 in Rage, think they might have another one. Would you know if the power packs are transferable between PAL and US since it will save me breaking out the step down converter?

If you want to have a mess around with it for modding when you are bored let me knowand I'll let you have it even though I've no real use for a modded one :)

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Unfortunately it's one of the later models. It might be a snazzy transparent aquamarine but no RGB mod. Still there's no noticeable difference between s-video and RGB. It was only 20 in Rage, think they might have another one. Would you know if the power packs are transferable between PAL and US since it will save me breaking out the step down converter?

If you want to have a mess around with it for modding when you are bored let me knowand I'll let you have it even though I've no real use for a modded one :)

To the best of my knowledge, the power packs are transerrable so there should be no need for step down's.

How do you know it's not moddable? The only verified way it to open it & check...

I got one from Augmerson so if I have success with that, I'll certainly do it on yours. But RGB is better than S-Video surely??

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I picked one iup at christmas, c/w RGB scart it does make a difference alright. I know that this forum had caimed that they cannot be modded before, but to the best of my knowledge there is a mod chip and its a pig of a job with a low sucess rate and generally considered to be not worth it.

the power packs are interchangeable.
    The scart cable I got was a Blaze Ultra 64 pro series RGB/Scart Connector. You are welcome to borrow it and see for yourself if you want

Stoner wrote: »
    I picked one iup at christmas, c/w RGB scart it does make a difference alright. I know that this forum had caimed that they cannot be modded before, but to the best of my knowledge there is a mod chip and its a pig of a job with a low sucess rate and generally considered to be not worth it.

the power packs are interchangeable.
    The scart cable I got was a Blaze Ultra 64 pro series RGB/Scart Connector. You are welcome to borrow it and see for yourself if you want

Well PAL units are unmoddable for RBG to the best of my knowledge (however there were early SECAM ones that could be modded). But some NTSC ones can be modded with two methods

1) Building a small amp as the display is too dark

Or

2) There's a non amped mod, which is generally more favoured.

I'll check my own one & see if it can be done, but your right, I'm almost certain RGB scart is better quality than s-video.

RGB is supposedly better than s-video but the difference is so small that it's barely noticeable. You can take a look at it if you want but I've a feeling it's unmoddable. I checked mmmonkey and it's usually the early models that are moddabble. My version number isn't listed as moddable unmoddable but it's a later version than any that are listed so I assumed that it isn't and he also says that the coloured later models are usually unmoddable so I assumed it was.

• Advertisement

Found this on the wiki for s-video, a place in germany that modifies PAL N64's to RGB:

http://www.wolfsoft.de/shop/product_info.php/products_id/8382/cPath/133_145/nintendo-64/umbau-n64-pal-auf-rgb-incl.-rgb-booster-kabel.html

Bit expensive!!!!

On a side note it's funny that Conkers Bad Fur Day has slight PAL style borders in the NTSC version :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement