Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

You got to Moonwalker before me Keithgeo!

haha I thought that would go quick alright so got in there! Its pretty pricey on ebay since he died.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,667 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Now with the help of my new ps1 to JAMMA adapter linked to a supergun, I can finally play a ps1 on a tv!

supergun.jpg

I also inadvertantly made the most overly complicated Megadrive pad to Playstation adapter :D

DSC_0875.jpg

Yes, I do realize the stupidity of the above..just had to test that adapter out. It had a crap load of dip switches and I have no clue as to what any of them to!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

o1s1n wrote: »
    Now with the help of my new ps1 to JAMMA adapter linked to a supergun, I can finally play a ps1 on a tv!

Mistake? Why couldnt you just use the normal av cable for the ps1?

Master of the Universe

Because then I wouldn't be able to see if my PS1 to JAMMA adapter worked....:P

oh right, so what do you plan to do with that adaptor in the long run?

Would it be for use inside a cab or something?

Sorry if these are stupid questions but Im intrigued

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

See the red thing inside the bottom of a Megadrive shell? That's a supergun...in simple terms it turns your tv into an arcade machine.

I don't have a cab here so to test out any arcade boards I have to try them in the supergun instead. If it works in that it'll work in a cab.

The adapter itself is for a cab alright. I'll be able to put that modded ps1 in my cab (when it's fixed). Which will be very very cool :)

All I had to do was google supergun haha

Sounds good though, should be nice in a cab!

Master of the Universe

Picked up something special this afternoon. Big thanks to Andrew76 for finding this for so cheap...and to Enternow for housing it for the last few weeks :pac: (Your Nomad was in it, wasn't it?!!?)

If you think the Nomad is hard to come across, try finding one of these. Andrew76 for some odd reason seems to have a knack to it..I on the other hand have only seen a couple in many years.

This is in absolutely amazing condition. Looks brand new. As I said to Andrew, I'd have been happy just getting my hands on one that had been mauled by a dog..this though is just insanely good. Couldn't be happier :)

Nomadcase2.jpg

Fits like a glove! There are also two pouches, one for the battery pack and one for the charger.

Nomadcase1.jpg

So that's it, Nomad project - done! Again, big thanks to Andrew76 and Enternow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

No point thanking me, all I did was let my Nomad live in it for a while :D Seriously though the thing is brand new, there's not a blemish on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭dmcdante

Hi Guys i picked up donkey kong land and Super Mario Land 1+2 and Double Dragon 2 for the gameboy
    Metroid Fusion for the gameboy advance boxed

Mystical Ninja staring Goemon and Body Harvst for N64 all for 40 euro not bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Picked up a neo geo pocket color & 14 games off Hygro yesterday (the one he posted about recently). Cheers man!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

th_6e288b3c.jpg
    ..ended up buying this on a whim when someone posted an Irish sellers ebay search link (turned out this was a UK seller though).Looked up the reviews after I bought it though.
    seems it looks good , but completely broken in the difficulty stakes....just the why I like my RPGs ;)

Got Paperboy, Revenge of Shinobi and Zweig wi or something all complete to add to my recently growing megadrive collection! Im not buying anything for a while now, the other half just lost her child minding job.. :(

keithgeo wrote: »
    Got Paperboy, Revenge of Shinobi and Zweig wi or something all complete to add to my recently growing megadrive collection! Im not buying anything for a while now, the other half just lost her child minding job.. :(
    herzog zwei?
    Thats pretty decent , it's actually a forerunner to the modern RTS :)

the other half just lost her child minding job.. :(

Stuff like that just instantly brings on the guilt doesn't it. Here we are spending fortunes on video games, then reality comes crashing home. Sorry to hear that Keith, hopefully she gets a new one soon enough & you can again purchase games with a clear conscience...damned real life :(:D

herzog zwei?

yep thats the one, i had never heard of it but it came with the other two!

EnterNow wrote: »
    hopefully she gets a new one soon enough & you can again purchase games with a clear conscience...damned real life :(:D

I know its especially bad when money is tight now, she lost it a 2 weeks back and games are coming through the door i ordered before then! Haha its lucky shes into gaming herself otherwise i might be getting a frying pan to the back of the head!

Master of the Universe

herzog zwei?

Indeed, it's regarded as the first ever RTS. Totally overlooked in its time too.
    EnterNow wrote: »
    Stuff like that just instantly brings on the guilt doesn't it. Here we are spending fortunes on video games, then reality comes crashing home. Sorry to hear that Keith, hopefully she gets a new one soon enough & you can again purchase games with a clear conscience...damned real life :(:D

Puts it in perspective alright! :(

The good thing about collecting this stuff as a hobby is it can be an expensive or cheap as you want. I probably got my hands on just as much stuff volume wise back when I was a broke jobless student bum as I do now.

Anyway, all the best to you keithgeo, fingers crossed the other half finds her feet again sometime soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

...the other half just lost her child minding job.. :(

Sorry to hear that dude. Hope she gets sorted with another job soon.

I Have to laugh (not about KG's missus job status , hopefully she gets one again soon), I have to laugh as I managed to buy the wrong bloody game today.Had a copy of EA double header (the maddens/hockey one)in RAGE today, nipped out to get change when I realised I'd only a 50.Came back and hurriedly tried to find it again as I was late back to work after lunch.Nabbed it and bought it , legged it out and was back in work before I realised I'd just bought a copy of EA Hockey by mistake...doh!
    I'd even feckin haggled wit the poor fella behind the counter as it had both a 1.95 and 2.95 sticker! Ah well , I think my unboxed copy of starflight will be finding a new home shortly...;)

Oh yeah , by the way they have an atari jaguar hooked up there now!
    :)

EA double header (the maddens/hockey one):)

Thats the one i have to trade on the trading forum! ;)

• Advertisement

Thats the one i have to trade on the trading forum! ;)

ah yeah , in fairness I was buying it more for the box than the game!!:)

Got this of the o1smeister, tiny little things they are :cool:

2pyykxc.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Got the bouncer on PS2 (not rerally retro but haven't bought much these days) today, wanting it for a while and grabbed it when I spied it in GS in Carlow.

/awaits retr0 telling me how dated and crap it is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Did my usual trip to Balbriggan market this morning, nothing much tbh, a 2600 Jr without cables, an n64 controller, a couple of PS2s and an Xbox. Then I got a pretty good deal, I got a perfect psone, with psu and controller for 4 euro! And that It also had the GT half of GT2 in the drive was nice too, and It all works perfect.

Sorry, did I not mention that it came with the official screen as well, and it all works fine!

Happy days!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,051 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

/awaits retr0 telling me how dated and crap it is.

I don't think it was ever good. :P

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Sorry, did I not mention that it came with the official screen as well, and it all works fine!

Wow! Nice deal. I saw one of them sell for €50 something euro the other day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Damn, might drag myself out to that some Sunday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, Kerbdog owes me a psone after killing it when trying to chip it for me. If that replacement comes through I'll sell this one, if not I'll keep it.
    Thing about the market is that if they didn't have this psone then they would have had feck all.
    But over the last while I have been quite lucky, Asian MD, psone, cod:waw for the 360, MD games, tons of cool stuff..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,051 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I really should get out of bed early on a sunday and drag myself down there. It's practically at my door step.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, Kerbdog owes me a psone after killing it when trying to chip it for me. If that replacement comes through I'll sell this one, if not I'll keep it.
    Thing about the market is that if they didn't have this psone then they would have had feck all.
    But over the last while I have been quite lucky, Asian MD, psone, cod:waw for the 360, MD games, tons of cool stuff..

Seeing as I'll be the one doing the mod on the replacement, bear in mind I'm on a slight lookout for one of those screens :) Did you give that Asian MD to the Kerb as a matter of interest, or are you not gonna have her mcmodifieded?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement