Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

DickyC wrote: »
    Finally picked up my first wii game, 20e in game new.

Good choice, it's ****ing brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,558 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I knew it would be that! Best game for the Wii.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just secured gunstar heores, complete pal copy in really nice condition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

This was waiting for me when I got home tonight. Very excited to get it, been looking for a copy for weeks. Managed to get mine on eBay amid the silly prices.

I reckon this might be a sleeper investment. It's been out of stock at virtually every online retailer for weeks.

Either way, I'm super excited to have this now. Fist Of The North Star: Ken's Rage is next on my 360 list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭DickyC

o1s1n wrote: »
    I knew it would be that! Best game for the Wii.

If it's half as good as Ikaruga I will love it.:)

• Advertisement

Pyongyang wrote: »
    This was waiting for me when I got home tonight. Very excited to get it, been looking for a copy for weeks. Managed to get mine on eBay amid the silly prices.

I reckon this might be a sleeper investment. It's been out of stock at virtually every online retailer for weeks.

Either way, I'm super excited to have this now. Fist Of The North Star: Ken's Rage is next on my 360 list.

Really? I got it for the ps3 on release, very good game, really enjoyed the playthrough. Might get it for the 360 if its going to be a future rarity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Picked up sin and punishment 2 in game before christmas, and the disc didn't work. Were out of stock when I brought it back! Was lucky enough as gamestop had a new copy in their back room. Not complaining, but why on earth would it be hidden back there? Same thing happened last week with DKC returns, though in that case it was an ordered copy that the person cancelled.

In other non-retro but possibly collectible news, my copy of 9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors was shipped today

Really? I got it for the ps3 on release, very good game, really enjoyed the playthrough. Might get it for the 360 if its going to be a future rarity

It certainly looks that way. I don't know what Namco's initial 360 run was but try finding a copy from a major retailer. Very few, if any, have it in stock. Been that way for weeks. Both for PS3 and XBOX360.

I've been avoiding eBay because of the prices not budging but finally secured one for 28 european union bartering tokens. Postage included.

Maybe I just had a tough time finding it because it's currently popular? Though I don't see it ranking high in any game charts so i guess that theory is out the window. Maybe a new pressing is on the way?

Not sure to all the above but delighted anyway as I managed to get a copy of a game I really wanted. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Reviews for Splatterhouse have not been great, seems like another 3rd person hack'n slash, after Bayonetta and God of War defined the genre.
    Is it really that good? It might be nice to have, I've got the original on the TG16.
    People here played Darksiders? Is it decent? There are not too many good games out right now that I don't have, so thinking of heading into the 360 backcatalogue instead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    God of War defined the genre.

Hack and Slash fans won't be happy with that :P
    People here played Darksiders? Is it decent?

Not played it but heard it's one of the most surprisingly good games of the year. It's a zelda clone that also steals it's ideas from a load of other games. So really derivative but it's still wrapped up in a damn good game. Was thinking of getting considering the price it's going for.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

GoW and Bayonetta added a fluidity to the genre, I always found Devil My Cry and Onimusha a bit too start stop, and rigid with regard to combos, the former two mentioned may have simplified things but made It all more accessible and fast moving, not to mention two of the most cinematic games in the last year.

Reviews for Splatterhouse have not been great, seems like another 3rd person hack'n slash, after Bayonetta and God of War defined the genre.
    Is it really that good? It might be nice to have, I've got the original on the TG16.

Indeed the reviews have been mostly average. I just unwrapped my copy and had a quick blast just now and loved it. Great fun, lots of cheesy one liners.

It certainly is very VERY violent though. If you've kids wanting to play this I'd advise against it. The game is littered with bad language but besides that the kill sequences are very impressive but not for younger eyes.

For example one poor lad has his heart ripped out, shown to him and then has his anus 'politely removed' by our hero. Nice! :eek:

Looking forward to unlocking the 3 original Splatterhouse games hidden within this version too!

Only negatives I'd have are the brightness control is annoying as the calibration in the options menu doesn't really do anything when I have my TV ISF calibrated. So cue lots of fiddling during the game to get the right balance as some rooms are darker than others.

Also it is true, the graphics are a bit ropey in places and character movement feels a little on the light side. That said, there's loads to do and see so it compensates just enough.

Nice game, grab a copy... if you can find it at a reasonable price, some people are already charging over the RRP for it (or if you can find it at all).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

People here played Darksiders? Is it decent? There are not too many good games out right now that I don't have, so thinking of heading into the 360 backcatalogue instead.

I have splatterhouse but i wasn't blown away by it but then again i'm not a big button basher fan, didn't enjoy DMC or Bayonetta either. I prefer a slower pace to my games.

Darksiders though is very good not your usual button bashing and its huge, good voice work too Mark Hamil is in it. Still have to finish it i think its 40 hours long or something silly like that.

Sounds good, I have tekken 6 and mass effect 2 worth 25 on trade, have a 20 voucher as well.

Well I really liked splatterhouse, only disapointing part was the ending, such a rush job! Zero puncuation said it best in his review that everyone should watch

Just picked up a few MD games aswell

Golden Axe 1 & 2
    Pac Mania
    ToeJam & Earl, no cartridge but mint box and manual

all this for 22 and free postage because i sent it to me sister who lives in london, how bad!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

all this for 22 and free postage because i sent it to me sister who lives in london, how bad!

Dont feel bad? One must take full advantage of relatives overseas :D

I meant how bad as in the question/statement context

e.g. I just had casual intercourse with that very accurate Cammy cosplayer, how bad!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I fail at comprehension. And noticing the "e.g." in your post :P

I wish i didnt type the e.g. so much, so very much!

I have a solution though, im going to watch point break and then go out and act the dickhead and have fun!

Had a good run these two days, Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom plus Darksiders yesterday and today in Balbriggan market I got Fifa soccer, Fifa 95, EA Hockey, Super Hang On, NBA Jam TE and Pitfighter (nasty) all boxed, for MD, 3 without manuals, all with hanging tags, for 4 euro.
    I got C&C Red Alert and Midway arcade hits: Atari collection 2 ( with paperboy, gauntlet, crystal castles, roadblasters, millipede and marble madness) for the psone, for 3 euro.
    And finally a disk only of Call of Duty: World at War for the 360 for just 2 euro!

So, not a bad haul all told.
    There are a few Megadrives with leads missing and a Snes missing a psu here, nearly bought the latter, but I already have one, there are loads of playstations with dodgy lids, a Xbox or two as well.
    There is a stand with old Xbox, psp and PS2 games for cheap enough prices.

Today was a good day!
    Now to play Pitfighter!

• Advertisement

AAAAHHHHHHHHHH ****ign buyer restrictions, how are people on ebay so stupid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I wish i didnt type the e.g. so much, so very much!

I have a solution though, im going to watch point break and then go out and act the dickhead and have fun!
    AAAAHHHHHHHHHH ****ign buyer restrictions, how are people on ebay so stupid!

Bodey wouldn't have settled for that. You know he'd have broke out a parachute, landed in & sorted that out, likely using a Glock & some IED's.

Well I dont think the highlight of Bodeys night would have been his friend projectile vomiting all over the club. Oh yeah and he puked on a girl i was chatting up aswell so there was wins all round!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Well I dont think the highlight of Bodeys night would have been his friend projectile vomiting all over the club. Oh yeah and he puked on a girl i was chatting up aswell so there was wins all round!

Tbh, Bodey would have found that hillarious & moved onto the next chick :D

Oh yeah it was the funniest thing ever, horrible and smelly but still funny. Ah theres plently more non vomit covered girls out there! Then we started giving fight like apes the finger and the shocker. What a crap band

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Had a good run these two days, Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom plus Darksiders yesterday and today in Balbriggan market I got Fifa soccer, Fifa 95, EA Hockey, Super Hang On, NBA Jam TE and Pitfighter (nasty) all boxed, for MD, 3 without manuals, all with hanging tags, for 4 euro.
    I got C&C Red Alert and Midway arcade hits: Atari collection 2 ( with paperboy, gauntlet, crystal castles, roadblasters, millipede and marble madness) for the psone, for 3 euro.
    And finally a disk only of Call of Duty: World at War for the 360 for just 2 euro!

So, not a bad haul all told.
    There are a few Megadrives with leads missing and a Snes missing a psu here, nearly bought the latter, but I already have one, there are loads of playstations with dodgy lids, a Xbox or two as well.
    There is a stand with old Xbox, psp and PS2 games for cheap enough prices.

What time does this market open at? I might try pop down next weekend before work if it's open early enough

I hit it around 10:30, people are mostly set up, if you get there too early then the car boot sale folks will not have gotten their wares out.
    It is hit and miss though, sometimes there's nothing, sometimes, like yesterday, there's something.
    The CoD:WW doesn't work, there is a ring scratch around it that toothpaste won't shift, will have to get it resurfaced, still, it was only 2 quid.
    Anyone know who does DVD resurfacing these days? My local video shop used to but they are long closed down.

Just won jersey Devil for a fiver, never played it back in the day and always wanted to give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

I hit it around 10:30, people are mostly set up, if you get there too early then the car boot sale folks will not have gotten their wares out.
    It is hit and miss though, sometimes there's nothing, sometimes, like yesterday, there's something.
    The CoD:WW doesn't work, there is a ring scratch around it that toothpaste won't shift, will have to get it resurfaced, still, it was only 2 quid.
    Anyone know who does DVD resurfacing these days? My local video shop used to but they are long closed down.

Game do it, think it's €3 per disc, will you be able to enter a Game store without bursting into flames due to your love for GameStop :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Final Fight CD!!!!!!!! YUS, YUS, YUSSSSSSSSSSSS!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement