Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Augmerson wrote: »
    Final Fight CD!!!!!!!! YUS, YUS, YUSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Awesome voice over on the intro! :) So bad....it's good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

"Jessica, my childhood sweetheart?"

"Mad Gear must pay!"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Augmerson wrote: »
    "Jessica, my childhood sweetheart?"

"Mad Gear must pay!"

"HE HE HE"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I hit it around 10:30, people are mostly set up, if you get there too early then the car boot sale folks will not have gotten their wares out.
    It is hit and miss though, sometimes there's nothing, sometimes, like yesterday, there's something.
    The CoD:WW doesn't work, there is a ring scratch around it that toothpaste won't shift, will have to get it resurfaced, still, it was only 2 quid.
    Anyone know who does DVD resurfacing these days? My local video shop used to but they are long closed down.

If you rent or loan a copy of COD and install it to your HD, the scratched disk should play it ok form then on, as it only looks for the security settings form the disk in the drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Had a good run these two days, Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom plus Darksiders yesterday and today in Balbriggan market I got Fifa soccer, Fifa 95, EA Hockey, Super Hang On, NBA Jam TE and Pitfighter (nasty) all boxed, for MD, 3 without manuals, all with hanging tags, for 4 euro.
    I got C&C Red Alert and Midway arcade hits: Atari collection 2 ( with paperboy, gauntlet, crystal castles, roadblasters, millipede and marble madness) for the psone, for 3 euro.
    And finally a disk only of Call of Duty: World at War for the 360 for just 2 euro!

So, not a bad haul all told.
    There are a few Megadrives with leads missing and a Snes missing a psu here, nearly bought the latter, but I already have one, there are loads of playstations with dodgy lids, a Xbox or two as well.
    There is a stand with old Xbox, psp and PS2 games for cheap enough prices.

Today was a good day!
    Now to play Pitfighter!

How is this market in Balbriggan for Gamecube games?
    Is it worth my while going out on the train to see whats there? Is it on on a sunday?

Is there any markets like this around the Dublin city area easy to get to without a car? Sorry to ask so much, but I have only copped onto markets like this the past while and want to go to one, see whats there an stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

My first two Tomy Tronics 3d arrived yesterday, Sky Attack and Planet Xeon both in great condition. Sad as i am i also bought the box\instructions\whitesnow(dont know what that stuff is called) thing and strap for Sky attack for a 5 fiver in a seperate auction and that arrived too!

EnterNow: I also ended up buying the lot of the 4 TomyTronics 3d ;) The only problem is 4 days later i have had no reply from the seller on shipping costs. I think they are a bit p*ssed the bidding wasnt as high as they thought it was going to be and are going to try get away with not sending it! I read on ebay that if i dont pay after 4 days they can file a complaint but i have mailed them multiple times asking them to send the final amount with shipping costs.

Before the auction i asked them how much to ship to Ireland and they said 40-50 but they wont know until they package it up, and thats up there on the auction page. Really hoping they get in contact and it doesnt become an issue.

Their biggest mistake i think was not putting "3D" in the title of the auction so people searching for TomyTronics 3D didnt see it! Because ive seen a few of them on there and usually one will go for about $30, I got all 4 of these for $60 not including delivery! I was the only bidder!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No GC games at the market, there were PS, PS2 and Xbox games.
    They guys selling the 360 games had a nasty smirk as they sold there wares, and of course as mentioned, the CoD:WaW had a nasty case of laser burn, but I'm calling into Game to get it fixed asap.
    Not really sure if it's worth getting the train out there, especially as it's a good bit out of town.
    Not the next game night is in Retr0's house, so go to it, stay up all night and go down to the market in the morning!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not the next game night is in Retr0's house, so go to it, stay up all night and go down to the market in the morning!

Hmm interesting, it is on a saturday after all. I still haven't been to the market despite it being down the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Hmm interesting, it is on a saturday after all. I still haven't been to the market despite it being down the road!

Lol I used to live in Rush and went out to the market with the brother one Sunday ages ago now and it was a nightmare getting into the place with traffic backed up for miles and garda everywhere, we just turned back cause it was way way too much hassle to even get parking!

May just keep an eye out for car boot sales around the Dublin area over the coming months, I'm sure there is a post on here somewhere with that info.

Cheers for the reply CiDeR!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Lovey complete copy of gunstar heroes arrived today, post pics later on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Got my AVP board hooked it all up and it plays perfect.

I noticed something odd though - it looked like the label was stuck over another one. Not good. You can see it in these pics. The underneath one is a white line down the side-

1-1.jpg

2-3.jpg

So I scrambled to look for a screwdriver bit to open it up. At this point I was convinced it was a bootleg as Enternow pointed out, it's one of the most pirated CPS2 games.

Get it open and then I find this -

4-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

Real labeled chips?! I confused!

It would make sense if it was a relabeled region variant, but the case is JAP, the roms say JAP...the label is JAP..so why has the case got a label under the AVP one? Could it be possible that Capcom reused an old case? Wouldn't they have taken the other label off though? ah, so many questions!

Enternow! I chose you!
    (by chose you I mean please look at my photos and put my mind at ease by saying it's not a bootleg :pac:)

Master of the Universe

While I'm spamming the place with photos...

Posters! Yay. The gloss finish on these is really really lovely. You can't really see it properly in the photos due to the bad lighting in the room.

I just stuck them on the door for the moment to get an impression of the overall quality of the lot. And so you could all get an idea how big each one is. These are the smallest poster size. (I think a3?)

5-2.jpg

6-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

I'm Very happy with these. with the promo code it came to something like €18.50 for the lot, posted.

I think my favourite is probably Kakariko Village. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Anyone looking for cool game poster art should check out here http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=5328 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Metal Slug poster = want!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Got gauntlet 2 and bionic commando for the NES today from one of my mates who was clearing his attic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Have the two of them, both very addictive! Although BC isn't half as good as th C64 version, in my opinion..:pac:

Master of the Universe

Metal Slug poster = want!

It's great isn't it? I'm going to get a marquee for my candy cab in a little while..I think that'll be going in it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah I got an order from snapfish too today, its stuff I'm sending off again for a site i do some work for, the quality of the stuff is really good and its very cheap!

Everyone should get somthing printed there if your going to get it done

EDIT*

anyone else got any good sites for the high res artwork? that scumm one is pretty good

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Mr postman just dropped off castle of illusion and mercs for the megadrive. Castle of illusion is shockingly sunfaded but for the grand price of free +postage I'm not complaining!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Power Supply for the CD32 arrived! Hopefully I'll get a chance to try it out tonight. The feckin size/weight of the thing..it's heavier than the console!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    Got my AVP board hooked it all up and it plays perfect.

I noticed something odd though - it looked like the label was stuck over another one. Not good. You can see it in these pics. The underneath one is a white line down the side-

So I scrambled to look for a screwdriver bit to open it up. At this point I was convinced it was a bootleg as Enternow pointed out, it's one of the most pirated CPS2 games.

Get it open and then I find this -

Real labeled chips?! I confused!

It would make sense if it was a relabeled region variant, but the case is JAP, the roms say JAP...the label is JAP..so why has the case got a label under the AVP one? Could it be possible that Capcom reused an old case? Wouldn't they have taken the other label off though? ah, so many questions!

Enternow! I chose you!
    (by chose you I mean please look at my photos and put my mind at ease by saying it's not a bootleg :pac:)

Ok, where to start. First off, the board looks legit, so you can breathe easy. Those are the correct Capcom eeproms, & the right amount of them too. The board also looks to have the CPS2 battery still connected, it's certainly there, but verify it's actually physically connected to the board ok.

The outside of the pcb case is another matter. It could be just that way the light is in the pics, but in both photos the label looks as if it were glued down with something transparent, and has actually spilled a little on the casing itself. Capcom fits don't look this way, so there are a few possibilities.

1) - The Label got damaged over the years, ot torn off completely. A previous owner was able to get a replacement sticker somewhere, & put it on with clear epoxy. (Most likely)
    2) - Capcom expxy machine mad a doo doo of the job. (Unlikely)
    3) This one you won't like. The game was originally another game, & a donor AVP sticker covers the original sticker. The official Capcom roms were overwritten with AVP roms. The battery was removed in order for the board to loose the decryption algorythm, so the overwritten roms could then boot. The battery was then reconnected, but now serves no purpose. (Highly unlikely).

Number one is the most probable, but if your contacting Razoola about having the board phoenixed, ask him to verify the rom dumps against known good ones to alleviate your suspicions about a bootleg. All in all, I'd say the board is 99% legit. It's just a sticker issue from the looks of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just got handed a copy of Metal Slug Second Mission on NGP. Woo!

Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    The board also looks to have the CPS2 battery still connected, it's certainly there, but verify it's actually physically connected to the board ok.

I had a quick look while it was open and it's soldered in. At least I think it was? Hopefully one of the many pics I took shows some contact with the board when I zoom in. I'll have a look when I get home. I'm pretty sure it was though as I looked at it and though 'nice clean soldering'
    The outside of the pcb case is another matter. It could be just that way the light is in the pics, but in both photos the label looks as if it were glued down with something transparent, and has actually spilled a little on the casing itself.

That's what it looked like to me, there was a tiny bit of a shine down in the corner that caught my eye.
    3) This one you won't like. The game was originally another game, & a donor AVP sticker covers the original sticker. The official Capcom roms were overwritten with AVP roms. The battery was removed in order for the board to loose the decryption algorythm, so the overwritten roms could then boot. The battery was then reconnected, but now serves no purpose. (Highly unlikely).

If that were the case, wouldn't the Capcom rom window stickers say something other than AVPJ? (Alien Versus Predator Jap) I know stickers and things can be faked, but they do look pretty official.

Something else I meant to ask you about the rom chips, any idea why there isn't there a rom numbered 2?
    Number one is the most probable, but if your contacting Razoola about having the board phoenixed, ask him to verify the rom dumps against known good ones to alleviate your suspicions about a bootleg. All in all, I'd say the board is 99% legit. It's just a sticker issue from the looks of it.

Will do! Cheers for the help dude..yet again you are a fountain of knowledge. :D

Re the eeprom stickers, the fact that they look so good is why I'd be fairly certain it's fully legit man. To my knowledge, you can't exactly buy reams of them stickers (although pdbhp may correct me on that :D). Worst case is that they are donor stickers, but we're getting into X-Files territitory here :rolleyes:

From the pics, I'd more or less convinced the innards are legit. The outer casing has a story to tell though....

Master of the Universe

Worst case is that they are donor stickers, but we're getting into X-Files territitory here :rolleyes:

Exactly. If they were doner stickers they'd have to have come from an original board...why would someone take stickers off an original board? Plust they look like they were put on in a factory and never removed. At this point we're down to the 'why bother' stage too. Maybe if the game was worth a grand..but it's nowhere near that in value.
    The outer casing has a story to tell though....

I may just fire an email off to the seller to ask if he knows. Not knowing is bothering me :D

As for phoenixing, is it just a matter of removing all those numbered AVPJ ROMs and sending them off to Raz? Do they just pop out of their sockets yeah?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

RAGE reopened recently so I thought I'd pop in
    cecd63fa.jpg
    nabbed VR as I used to play it a fair bit on my mates meg and its such a huuuge cart (because of the DSP..I mean SVP chip), also PGA II used to get played a lot in my friends house before we went down the pub.
    (plus most of the sports games have been reduced to 2 quid , so thats a good incentive :))

o1s1n wrote: »
    Exactly. If they were doner stickers they'd have to have come from an original board...why would someone take stickers off an original board? Plust they look like they were put on in a factory and never removed. At this point we're down to the 'why bother' stage too. Maybe if the game was worth a grand..but it's nowhere near that in value.

I may just fire an email off to the seller to ask if he knows. Not knowing is bothering me :D

As for phoenixing, is it just a matter of removing all those numbered AVPJ ROMs and sending them off to Raz? Do they just pop out of their sockets yeah?

Yep, the four AVp roms. Label them 1-4 so you know what order they go back in, or if there's differences in the small print just write them down. Have you contacted Raz yet? He'll tell you how to package them etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Nice one! I'll have to pop into the rage and get some of those €2 sports games to use for donor cases for better games :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Nice one! I'll have to pop into the rage and get some of those €2 sports games to use for donor cases for better games :D
    grand
    there was a few actually - few Fifas and EA hockeys and a suzuki bike game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Went a bit mad in the RAGE today (seems fitting given the name of the place)

got a mint looking SNES (as mine has seen better days), along with Aladdin and Ghouls 'N Ghosts, both CIB. Aladdin even has a two page review cut out of an old magazine, which I thought was brilliant.
    Also got A Boy & His Blob and Darkwing Duck for the NES.

Only read in the new issue of Games(TM) today that Darkwing Duck is very like the Mega Man games, which makes sense seeing as it was a capcom platformer for the NES in the vein of Ducktales, which has a Mega Man vibe itself. Seemed like fate when I saw it so picked it up.

Also, while I'm mentioning it, the new Games(TM) has a couple of nice articles on the DS and the Pokemon franchise, along with a great front cover that Atavan is sure to love.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement