Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Thats what I thought it might be, happens with loads of stuff, figures using the same moulds and just changing the paint job kind of stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    Wooohoo!!!

Just a followup on my AVP board, a couple of guys over on Arcade Otaku were nice enough to confirm that it's an original. :)

Gotta love the combined knowledge of the internet :)

The lads on Otaku are amazing like that. Shocking stuff from Capcom, but then again, it's an arcade pcb...presentation isn't a priority really as it sits inside a dark cabinet most of it's life :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

My Mini Wireless keyboard for the arcade cab finally arrived and it is really really small..!

Hand\Keyboard Ratio!

keyboard.jpg

Also got my Sonic 1 and 2 complete - my first two megadrive games bought!

The ebayer who sold the lot of 4 Tomy Tronics got in contact and they are on the way!!

Also got the media kit for DC Universe this week, havent tried it yet but looking forward to checking it out. The case is nice, leather kind of thing with Batman, the Joker etc on it.

oh, Anyone from here going to the launch event for Dead Space 2 this week?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

That looks cool keithgeo, can I ask where you got it? Does the square section to the right act as a touchpad?

Bought it off ebay, yep thats a touchpad for the mouse. its wireless usb and has a good distance on it too. the usb reciever is actually in the side of the keyboard you take it out and plug it into a pc and it is installed in about 5 seconds, no drivers. it also has a laser pointer on it too, keys light up aswell! I think its really for presentations but its great for the jukebox on the arcade cab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭dmcdante

Was looking around saturday and got resi evil 1 and 4 for the gamecube for 9 euro each also picked up thief:deadly shadows for the xbox box for 5 also got resi 2 from a friend for free not a bad weekend

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got Mischief Makers for the N64 cart only and Metroid 2 for the Gameboy today from Adverts.ie Metroid 2 is CIB. He has some other stuff on sale as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Just after getting Super Mario All Stars, Super Mario World, Killer Instinct, Zelda link to the Past, Super Double Dragon and two orginal snes joypads. For €70
    I also got Road Avenger, Cobra Command and Sol-Feace for the Mega CD as well as Wave Racer 64 for my N64 all from Rage for €20

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Aelda lonk to the past, yes always wanted that one.
    It'd look well next to my copies of Murio and Spnic the hadgeheg! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Sorry alphaeagle, but that's just quality!!:):pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

There I have amended the text now, All happy.....slip of the finger is no fault of the mind.......By the way nice one CiDeRmAn.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Fuuuuuuuuuuu

Finally got a chance to try out the CD32, hooked er up, plugged er in....

No power!!!!!

Will grab a 13 amp plugtop fuse tomorrow and hope thats the prognosis, if not that's my trouble shooting fecked:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

batari wrote: »
    Fuuuuuuuuuuu

No power!!!!!

Will grab a 13 amp plugtop fuse tomorrow and hope thats the prognosis, if not that's my trouble shooting fecked:(

Forgot about this, get back to me as soon as you can as I'll be ordering up a repair kit for Andrew's Amiga 1200 shortly, could save you's a few quid on postage by ordering both together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭yrwhu8jxtni06a

batari wrote: »
    Fuuuuuuuuuuu

No power!!!!!

So no led lighting up?,you could had grapped an 13amp fuse out of any household item that had one and used that *remember to put it back of course*,i assume your psu was sold as working,could be something simple like a loose wire inside the plug,failing that,get a multimeter and check for any voltage coming out of the psu.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hmmm, Cd32 lovely ness.
    I swear, that machine was retro even when it was new!
    All it lacked were a few steam pipes around the outside and a few ebony toggle switches...
    Now theres a mod if ever there was one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭yrwhu8jxtni06a

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Hmmm, Cd32 lovely ness.
    I swear, that machine was retro even when it was new!
    Yes was obsolete like the A1200 when it came out,still it had a better port of wing commander than its floppy cousins-

Just picked up off Landsleaving a boxed street fighter 2 turbo snes in great condition in fairness, with a 2nd controller mario world, starwing, jurrasic park2 and UN Squadron. Absolutley delighted! The other half paid for it for my Birthday, which isnt till March but she said keep an eye out for one!

If i had the money id buy your Saturn aswell, unfortunatly she wants to get bunk beds for the kids ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You'll have to excuse the mess..I'm very quickly running out of space in the spare room. Thank feck you can't see anything behind the camera!

steelbatalion.jpg

Anyway, got this bad boy up today. Carried it from the IFSC across to my apartment. It was one of those cases where I picked it up and went 'ah, this isn't too heavy'..but then after 10 minutes..ouch, like a lead weight.

Unfortunately it seems to be missing the nuts to hold the three parts together..but it still stays together fine. I'll see if I can find some replacements.

The game is confusing as hell at first..but when you get the hang of it, woah is it a lot of fun!

To make it even better, when my girlfriend saw it the first thing she said was 'coool! is that the robot game you were playing at your beers?' and not 'you are the biggest geek in the world, get that the hell out of my house'..so all is good!

I got response number 2 from my wife, you don't know how lucky you are!

On a brighter note, I got Cool Spot for the MD, Exhaust Heat for the Snes and Game and Watch Gallery 3 for the Gameboy Color, so happy days!

Not so happy is some blighter bought the Super Gameboy on me in Rage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Got Metal Slug Anthology and Pursuit Force for PSP €17.99 for the lot

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

That controller is some piece of work o1s1n, nice! See your CT clock arrived too. Little worried about the tv sitting atop that locker though, looks precarious. :pac: to the Eiffle Tower of plugs beside it!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    See your CT clock arrived too.

I moved something earlier and it flew across the room :eek: Seems okay though!
    Andrew76 wrote: »
    Little worried about the tv sitting atop that locker though, looks precarious. :pac: to the Eiffle Tower of plugs beside it!

Haha it not as unsteady looking in reality :pac: The Eiffle Tower of plugs on the other hand...!

Thanks to johnny (pen) ultimate I now am the proud owner of a Wonderswan Color, now to get some games!

Heres the snes i got off adverts and the mario all stars i got in rage

IMG_5980.jpg

In Balbriggan market, got a ps with an action replay cart for 2.40, don't know yet if it works, but fingers crossed.
    They have not much today, an n64 with no cables, some n64 pads elsewhere, some MD pads. There is a couple of dc pads and a dc lightgun with vmus too.
    There are also few Xboxs and ps consoles dotted about, and some ps games here and there.
    Oh, and a guy is selling a raleigh chopper! Only 50 quid!

Also there was an ntsc copy of Zelda for the Snes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

heres what I got over the past 2 weeks

30012011185.jpg

24012011165-1.jpg

I hate seeing this happen to a game, nothing that can be done with it except a replacement

30012011186.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Picked up Tony Hawk's Skateboarding, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 , Final Fantasy VIII , and Smackdown 2 for the ps1 for €4.Nothing else retro related at the boot today:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I was also in Balbriggan Market today:

Picked up a Mega Drive, 2 controllers, power lead (no RF connection) and six games:
    Bugsy, Dynamite Headdy, James Pond 2, Mortal Kombat, Ristar & Sonic & Knuckles.
    All for 10euro.

Also picked up a spare N64 controller and a Gamecube controller for 5euro each. Pretty nice.

Didn't see that ntsc Zelda though, would have picked it up if I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Picked up Tony Hawk's Skateboarding, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 , Final Fantasy VIII , and Smackdown 2 for the ps1 for €4.Nothing else retro related at the boot today:(

FFVIII for €4 is still a pretty nice find to be honest.

• Advertisement

Damn!
    I didn't see the MD games there at all, would have got Ristar, have the rest.
    On a brighter note, the PS works beautifully, now to chip the PS!
    Now, it has the parallel port so I'm wondering if I can bypass the soldering route and use one of the little plug in thingys to let me play my backups and so keep my collection scratch free, of course.

Remember kids, piracy is wrong, leave it too the professionals...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement