Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Yeah, just did a quick ebay search, that copy for $460 must be there for about a year now

Yeah been there donkies that one. Nice copy here, Currently around €80 incl. postage but 4 days left. Feck that. :D

/Edit: @Jack - I'm sure you've already spotted that game you long for on the bay? North of €110 with 7days to go. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeha but it will go down eventually.

I was doing a good bit of browsing last ngiht and tis really interesting, games that are fairly hard to coem by arnt going for a whole lot because its not fashionable to have them

Like SeaQuest, apperently rarer than the Wily Wars and can be gotten at a buy it now of €30, try finding the Wily Wars for that price

I know us here arnt obsessed with rarity and stuff but its still interesting

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

o1s1n wrote: »
    You lucky git! Is it complete? I STILL can't find a complete boxed version for a good price. It's driving me nuts.

Yeah, complete with manual. The box doesn't have the hanger thing though, but I have plenty of other Sega boxes that do, so it's no problem to switch around, but it doesn't bother me so much. It was about 35 euro shipped from Germany. I'm sure you could get it cheaper if you kept an eye out, but I didn't mind paying, it'd be about that much anyway. How much were you looking to spend on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,581 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I was doing a good bit of browsing last ngiht and tis really interesting, games that are fairly hard to coem by arnt going for a whole lot because its not fashionable to have them

I find the whole rare versus fashionable thing very interesting. I think the main categories go something like this -

Truely rare - always valuable, even if it's a crap game (Darxide/TMEK (PAL) /Kizuna Encounter (PAL)/Air Raid/​Stadium events/World Championship Soccer 2 (PAL MD)/etc)

Extremely uncommon - Always valuable (Wily Wars/The Punisher (PAL MD) /Death and Return of Superman (PAL MD) /Daze Before Christmas/Kolibri (PAL)/Ecco Jr (PAL MD) )

Uncommon - valuable dependant on title. Most 'rare' games on ebay probably fit into this one. (Castlevania SOTN/MUSHA/Streets of Rage 3 (PAL MD) /Shinobi 3 (PAL MD) /Alien Soldier/ Earthbound / Radiant Silvergun/ Panzer Dragoon Saga/Kurushi/Future Cop LAPD/Knuckles Chaotix )

Common - valuable dependant on title. These would be the 'pretend rare' games. (Popular Squaresoft RPGs...everything else that's expensive and has a crap load of copies on ebay at all times)

You could fit lots more games into each of those categories. And some of them would be on the cusp of each one. But you know what i mean.
    Like SeaQuest, apperently rarer than the Wily Wars and can be gotten at a buy it now of €30, try finding the Wily Wars for that price

SeaQuest wouldn't be as rare as Wily Wars. It would fit into the 'Uncommon' category above. So would mean it's valuable dependant on title. Nobody wants that game really therefore it's not really valuable.
    Augmerson wrote: »
    Yeah, complete with manual. The box doesn't have the hanger thing though, but I have plenty of other Sega boxes that do, so it's no problem to switch around, but it doesn't bother me so much. It was about 35 euro shipped from Germany. I'm sure you could get it cheaper if you kept an eye out, but I didn't mind paying, it'd be about that much anyway. How much were you looking to spend on it?

Nice one, swap that baby out for a clamshell with a hanging tag. That's a good price though. My goal was to get it for €20-25 posted. I think I'm going to have to give up on that though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

It's going for around 25ish Sterling from the UK but then there is P&P on top of that, and I did the math (!) and it came out to around the same - from Germany it was 5.50 P&P and because it was in the Eurozone I didn't lose any value on currency exchange.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Got a CD32 off a guy I know about six months ago for nothing, no psu tho. Finally bit the bullet and bought one on eBay for about 20 quid. Bring it on!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

€20, nice one!

€20 for the psu only ;) best I've seen in a while

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Oh I thought you bought the console for €20 :P

Got an unexpected surprise in the post this morning. My copy of No one can stop mr domino all the way from Japan. Wasn't expecting it so quick :) Pics when I find the cable for the camera.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭yrwhu8jxtni06a

batari you need to check your cd32 for leaking/bulging caps,best to replace them regardless last thing you want is something spewing over the board while your playing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My psone mod chip arrived today, looking forward to "acquiring" lots if great jap and us games.
    Einhander here we come!

batari you need to check your cd32 for leaking/bulging caps,best to replace them regardless last thing you want is something spewing over the board while your playing.

Thanx man, according to my friend this has sat in his parent's house under the tv since he got it. Would it still have problems? I've had it sitting in a box in work since I got it. Can't turn it on till the PSU arrives

Master of the Universe

batari wrote: »
    Thanx man, according to my friend this has sat in his parent's house under the tv since he got it. Would it still have problems? I've had it sitting in a box in work since I got it. Can't turn it on till the PSU arrives

From what I understand, the CD32 has more or less the same internals as the Amiga A1200.

The Amiga A1200 is known for the caps going bad. It doesn't matter if it's being used or not. The electrolytic fuid can leak out of them..or in a worst case scenario, they'll bulge and explode.

Mine were beginning to go as the colour and sound was off. So look out for some common symptoms. Would be good to change them anyway just to be safe.

Caps dry up if the equipment is left in storage for long enough so its best to power on your systems/equipment once a year..

You should still open on the 32 to check for any residue/bulge on barrel caps.

And yes the A1200/CD32 are nearly the same,so a cd drive on A1200 will allow you to play cd32 games on it.

Ah thanx dudes, sounds like I better get a hold of a modding genius, now where - enter - would - now - I find one of them?? ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I found one of the interesting things about the cd32 was some of the bonkers collections for it.
    Basically they are cd based compilations of Amiga 1200 games, but with up to 300 games on.
    Most of them never released on the cd32 and many not working because there's no keyboard, but armed with a joypad and an Amiga mouse its a fun way to pass the time, going through them all.

My machine has a floppy drive bolted on as well, the SX1 afaik. Not sure what else it does though.

Can you put a flash drive into a cd32 I wonder?

i dont think you can add an flash drive,sx1 if you have one,thats worth a fortune *people dont start drooling or getting excited when i say that*

Reason alot of the games on the unofficial compilation wont work is,the CD32 standard of 2mb ram which is flip all for some games.

pic of the sx1
    cartridge_paravision_sx1_01.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wasn't there an add-on as well that turned the CD32 into a functional Amiga 1200?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Did a good round trip of all the charity shops got some gems

Tiger woods 2004, Super monkey ball, ISS2, Mario party 5, on Gamecube for 14euro and when i got home and opened up Super monkey ball the legend of Zelda collectors edition disk fell out !!

Terminator 2 fully boxed and instructions, super smash TV fully boxed and instructions, Greendog just box and game, for the Megadrive for 6 euro They had just the box and instructions for Rock and roll racing but no game so they gave it to me for free.

Deux ex invisible war, time splitters 2 for xbox for 10euro

MOH frontlines, european assault, the getaway, liberty city, colin McRae 3, stuntman, soldiers of fortune for PS2 for 15.

Star wars knights of the old republic The sith lords for PC for 2euro

Also picked up on Blu ray Iron man and Indiana jones for 4 euro !

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Wasn't there an add-on as well that turned the CD32 into a functional Amiga 1200?
    sx1.

Terminator 2, Rock and roll racing for the Megadrive for 4 euro

Where are these magical charity shops with megadrive games? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ah thanx dudes, sounds like I better get a hold of a modding genius, now where - enter - would - now - I find one of them?? ;)

Lol, did someone call? :pac:

tongue.gif Hey man!

Actually opened it up there and had a look, while I have no experience with the inners, the boards and all the caps look immaculate, no fluid leaking or caps burst or looking like they'll burst. Would it still have to be looked at do ya think?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Where are these magical charity shops with megadrive games? :D

Limerick but ive cleared out the whole city now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 BnChemEng

got my atari jaguar in the post today

alien vs predator, simply orgasmic

tongue.gif Hey man!

Actually opened it up there and had a look, while I have no experience with the inners, the boards and all the caps look immaculate, no fluid leaking or caps burst or looking like they'll burst. Would it still have to be looked at do ya think?

As long you didn't seen any residue on board or experience any static or lost sound when you power it up you should be fine,but best to get it done as these are suffering from the infamous leaks too.

Also to add,some caps where factory fitted the wrong way round on some boards!.

Master of the Universe

tongue.gif Hey man!

I'm pretty sure that when Enternow changed my Amiga caps there was no sign of leakage or bursts. The difference in the picture and sound quality after the change is amazing though. Well worth it. Plus I don't have to worry about it now for another 15-20 years ;)

I suppose wait for the PSU to arrive and test it out. If the sound is weird or the colour looks a bit off then you know what the problem is. When I got mine it was fine, but then within a week one of the sound channels wasn't working and the picture flickered different tints of colour.

If it is working fine then you're lucky, but they'll probably still go eventually. So it would be good to get done as a preventive measure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

tongue.gif Hey man!

o1s1n wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that when Enternow changed my Amiga caps there was no sign of leakage or bursts. The difference in the picture and sound quality after the change is amazing though. Well worth it. Plus I don't have to worry about it now for another 15-20 years ;)

I suppose wait for the PSU to arrive and test it out. If the sound is weird or the colour looks a bit off then you know what the problem is. When I got mine it was fine, but then within a week one of the sound channels wasn't working and the picture flickered different tints of colour.

If it is working fine then you're lucky, but they'll probably still go eventually. So it would be good to get done as a preventive measure.

As the o1smeister said, just test it when the PSu lands. If it's ok, then as Stone Roses said it will be fine, but don't put it off too long as if they leak it's a mess, & could potentially ruin the console. If there's sound/colour issues, then by all means contact me if you wish me to do it, I'll need the revision number of the mobo to send to the french lad I got the last ones off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭DickyC

Finally picked up my first wii game, 20e in game new.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement