Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Darkwing Duck really is a damn fine Megaman clone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

How much are the selling the snes'z for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

keithgeo wrote: »
    How much are the selling the snes'z for?

Depends on the condition, the only non-boxed one I saw left there was 40e. They have a boxed one with the super scope (bloody huge packaging) for 80e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I also popped into RAGE this evening.
    Picked up a boxed Banjo-Tooie, not a scratch on it.
    They had quite a lot of boxed n64 games actually.

Had I seen Darkwing Duck when I was there I would have picked that up, even if only for fond memories of the cartoon show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

EnterNow wrote: »
    To my knowledge, you can't exactly buy reams of them stickers (although pdbhp may correct me on that :D).

Correct you are sir you cannot buy the stickers but the light fingered may acquire them by less conventional measures;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I was in RAGE myself, picked up an official 6-button Sega joypad and a copy of European Club Soccer cheap. ECS came in a perfect box, which I duly swapped around for my Shinobi III box :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Couple of new DC games came in the post this morning, haven't had a chance to play them yet though. Got them from redspotgames.

Wind and Water Puzzle Battles (cool illustrations in the manual for this one):

wwpb1.jpg

wwpb2.jpg

Rush Rush Rally Racing:

rrrrzn.jpg

Nice! Wind & Water Puzzle Battles looks good, have wanted to pick it up for a while. Presume you have Last Hope & DUX? I still haven't gotten around to playing them! The new NG-DEV one looks good too

Also 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors arrived in the post this morning, thinking of moving it right to the top of my backlog list :)

sugarman wrote: »
    Also gonna dig out the MD & see how horrible they all look on the HD tv.

Anyone recommend any good sellers for a cheap RGB for the MD?

I might try make one, since im a poor ass student & all :P

Check out this lot on ebay. There might be cheaper elsewhere I'm not sure. I got mine from that seller and they work fine. Just make sure you get the correct one for your machine, MD1 or 2 etc.

And don't listen to the "HD tv sucks ballz" comments that are probably incoming. :P Yep CRT is better but work with what you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Just ordered this for a laugh:
    Hori Fighting Commander (PS1)
    61fvQGmKQPL.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just got Jersey Devil for the Ps1 in the post, Its one of those games that i never got back in the day but always wanted to play.

Good or bad it was only £2.00 so

In the RAGE again today, picked up power blade and bart vs the world for the NES, as well as banjo-tooie. Will have to cut back on purchases soon and save up for the 3DS. Except for Radiant Historia on the DS which is released in the US next month. Have to pre-order that soon

EDIT: also got wiz 'n' liz for the MD for a few euro, used to watch it being played on head to head and always wanted to play it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Was in the RAGE this morning myself :P Picked up Kawasaki superbikes for €1.95 just to use the box to replace the one that castle of illusion came in. It was a toss up between that or tennis so I went with the one that I would be most likely to play. Also had my eye on Cool Spot so might pick that up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Any NES consoles for sale in RAGE today?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I think so. I wasn't really looking at the consoles. They have a good selection of NES games and they had a couple of SNES's for sale too.

Cool thanks!

Oh yeah, might as well post something new I got... just before christmas I impulse bought a mega drive lot. €5 for everything but about €20 for postage :pac:

So I got a Mega Drive 1 with "High Definition Graphics" or whatever it says at the top, 2 gamepads, 2 crappish joysticks suited more for an amiga (2 button jobs)

Aaand..

Talespin
    Sonic the Hedgehog x 2
    Pit Fighter :pac:
    Kid Chameleon
    Captain Planet
    Sonic Spinball
    Robbedoes (I think this has a different name here..)
    Ecco
    Aladdin
    Mortal Kombat 2
    Spiderman
    Kick Off 3
    Mortal Kombat 3

And it came with a copy of Sonic 2 for the master system, for some reason..

And an RF cable :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

So I got a Mega Drive 1 with "High Definition Graphics" or whatever it says at the top,

Can you do a quick test for me? When it boots up, let me know if it has a TMSS screen? Its that bit at the start with the white writing where it says 'Licensed by Sega Enterprises' etc.

A HD graphics model shouldn't have that screen and should just boot directly to the game.

Well that's the theory anyway, I keep asking people and so far I haven't come across any with TMSS yet.

Oh and burn that RF cable :P

It goes straight in.

The RF cable is extra worthless..I can't even get sound through it.

Master of the Universe

It goes straight in.

Wehey! You have the best kind of Megadrive then :)
    The RF cable is extra worthless..I can't even get sound through it.

With an RF cable you might as well be using a coathanger as an arial..it's that kind of bad. I used them for years too, right through the 16 and 32 bit generations. Idiocy!

Yeah wasn't bad for a fiver :) Might buy a new power adapter though, as it's got one of those horrible 2 prong european adapters on it.

The Tv I used to play my SNES on back in the day didn't have anything other than an aerial input :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭yrwhu8jxtni06a

Yeah wasn't bad for a fiver :) Might buy a new power adapter though, as it's got one of those horrible 2 prong european adapters on it.
    No need,if you have a pliers,snip off the prong ends,then wire the plug,blue to the left,brown to the right,heres a diagram even.

c_s_plug_1.jpg

It's a wall wart type adapter, so I can't really do that unless I build a new box to house the transformer part.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

It goes straight in.

insert sex joke here

but yeah I think all the PAL HDG MD1 Mega Drives are non-TMSS, thats 4 for 4 now o1s1n that we have tested here?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Just back from a car boot and I've hit another mini mother load.I'll have pics up within the hour :D

Picked this lot up about an hour ago for €30 ,big pictures ahead.

DSCF2084.jpg?t=1295786547

DSCF2085.jpg?t=1295786576

DSCF2086.jpg?t=1295786596

DSCF2087.jpg?t=1295786631

DSCF2088.jpg?t=1295786654

DSCF2089.jpg?t=1295786717

Picked up these yesterday in Enable Ireland in Limerick for €15.80 .
    DSCF2090.jpg?t=1295787010

DSCF2091.jpg?t=1295787039

A tidy haul for under €50,well pleased.The sega game's are in great nick too.It's such a shame Sega never made an adapter to play gamegear games through the megadrive like you can with Master Syster Games:(. I'll have to root out the megadrive power supply as the gamegear eats batteries.

That's some haul dark! Lovely. Can I ask which carboot it was? Or is that a secret. ;)

No secert,it was in a place called Tuamgraney in Co. Clare.Feck all sellers at it today to be honest but it was the first one of the new year.It can be hit or miss,like all car boots i suppose.In fairness,i haven't gotten lucky in a while so I felt i was overdue a bit of good luck.The seller wanted €2 a game so I made him an offer of €30 for the box and thankfully he accepted;)

Master of the Universe

:eek::eek::eek:

Those gamegear cardboard boxes look factory new. Amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You.
    Jammy.
    Fecker.
    :D

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Wooohoo!!!

Just a followup on my AVP board, a couple of guys over on Arcade Otaku were nice enough to confirm that it's an original. :)
    richy13 wrote:
    Hi,

The AvP is a 100% Original japanese Version B board PCB & so is the casing the reason the AvP lable as been stuck over the other lable is because capcom used to convert there own games from one to another ie super street fighter 2 TNC to a AvP.

sometimes you can make out the other lable or what the original board jumpers was for the first game used on the pcb.

capcom was very lazy sometimes with there conversions & you will see this sort of thing a lot mostly in japan.

hope this helps :)

richard
    idc wrote:
    Yep, I have a Darkstalkers board and you can easily see the black Super SFII Turbo label with the "X" logo beneath.

I think my Marvel vs. Capcom has a Marvel Super Heroes label beneath. In fact, of the 20-odd CPS2 B-boards I have, I'd say about half of them have (at least) two labels on, some appear to have three. :lol:

Lazy, lazy Capcom! :P

Gotta love the combined knowledge of the internet :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement