Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Maybe I'm imagining this but does anyone remember a terminator head that was actually a controller? A mate had it so it would've either been Mega Drive or Atari.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

I had one like this but it was impossible to play with on the C64:rolleyes:
    CHEETAH%20TERMINATOR%20CHARACTER%20STICK-Cheetah.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    There's one annoying niggle about it. There's a button on the side that you press. The eyes light up and it plays sound effects. Once that's over the eyes go out.

Depending on its rarity & value, I'd be opening that skull up & making some changes. Cyberdine might not approve though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,564 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    Depending on its rarity & value, I'd be opening that skull up & making some changes. Cyberdine might not approve though :D

I think it's one of those cases where it's an obvious flaw in the design and making a change like that would increase the value.

On an unrelated note, I just bought something else (I have serious issues, I know!)

I always said I'd never buy anymore CPS2 games as they're too big and too much hassle with the suicide batteries. However, there was always one game that is completely outside that rule as I love it so much. Super super rare though, I haven't seen one on ebay..well..ever. If I ever did see one listed, it would be a 'must have it - will pay anything' occasion. But it doesn't matter, as they're never listed. Not until now anyway.

Retr0 should appreciate this - listed as 'JAMMA PCB' on ebay (How the hell could you leave the title out of this game?!?!) -

Avp.jpg

Funnily enough, it looks like it's running on a candy cab here. Hopefully that'll be my setup in a few weeks :D -

avp2.jpg

I think it's one of those cases where it's an obvious flaw in the design and making a change like that would increase the value.

On an unrelated note, I just bought something else (I have serious issues, I know!)

I always said I'd never buy anymore CPS2 games as they're too big and too much hassle with the suicide batteries. However, there was always one game that is completely outside that rule as I love it so much. Super super rare though, I haven't seen one on ebay..well..ever. If I ever did see one listed, it would be a 'must have it - will pay anything' occasion. But it doesn't matter, as they're never listed. Not until now anyway.

Retr0 should appreciate this - listed as 'JAMMA PCB' on ebay (How the hell could you leave the title out of this game?!?!) -

Avp.jpg

Funnily enough, it looks like it's running on a candy cab here. Hopefully that'll be my setup in a few weeks :D -

avp2.jpg

Ask the seller to send you pics of the pcb. Thats one of the heavily bootlegged CPS2 games given its rarity. And labelling it as 'jamma pcb' might be a way of claiming ignorance...

Is the security seal broken? Is it Phoenixed? If it's phoenixed it wouldn't bother me, as its still the original hardware...but a bootleg is a different matter.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Ah ****, I never thought of it being a bootleg! I saw the original label and just went gimme gimme gimme!

The auction details say -

'Fully working Alien v Predator jamma CPS2 boards A and B. Postal or collection from Bromley, Kent'

As for the 'JAMMA PCB' bit, he had loads of other boards labeled the same. A lot of them were fairly sought after with loads of bids. There were 21 bits on my AVP board.

I sent him an email asking the above before sending him the payment. The bootleg bit is the only one that would bother me. If it's not phoenixed then that's easy enough to solve.

Actually that PCb has been opened before, it's missing the Capcom security screw. So either...

1) It was opened for repair, cleaning, or other genuine reason.
    2) It was opened to remove the eeproms for Phoenixing
    3) It was another CPS2 game in the past, it's eeproms were removed & overwritten with AVP roms.

Most likely it's reason 1...but I have a bit of knowledge in this area from a past bootleg pcb (which I gave to you actually). Bootlegs can be messy, hacked boards and are not really worth a whole lot, so I'm glad I caught you before you sent payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 BnChemEng

atari jaguar with wolfenstein 3d, aliens v predators and cybermorph

70 euros on ebay including postage

steal

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Bought myself a Red TommyTronic 3d last night!

keithgeo wrote: »

Been meaning to start collecting them, how much was it if you dont mind my asking?

• Advertisement

Bought it from the states, it was only at $10 up until the last minute then a flood of bids came in, drove it up to $21 i had $22.66 in as my max! contacted the seller before hand and it was $10 to ship to Ireland i think in euro it worked out at €26 or something. not bad, its in good nic, no box though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Bought a PSone console with two controllers, two memory cards, steering wheel and about 30 games (15 legit, 15 of questionable origin!) for €25. Added to that I got Micro Machines V3, two copies of Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, two copies of Resident Evil 2 (with and without case), Everybody's Golf 2, Gran Turismo 1 and 2, WWF Smackdown, Castlevania Symphony of the Night, Driver 2, GTA2, Tenchu 1 and 2, Syphon Filter 1, 2, & 3, Future Cop LAPD, Soviet Strike... plus a good few more games I couldn't be bothered listing! Happy days!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

keithgeo wrote: »
    Sky Attack? that's one of the better ones ..very "Tron" like ;)
    there's 5 regular ones

Sky attack (red)
    Shark attack (blue and light blue)
    Thundering turbo (white)
    Planet Zeon (blue) and
    Jungle Fighter (yellow)
    and two stereo sound ones
    Skyfighters and sherman attack

If you're going to get any others its worth getting 'thundering turbos' as its probably the best 3d effect

Yep its sky attack alright, looking forward to playing it. Ive only played the one with the cars before, years ago, will look nice next to my Astro Wars! will keep an eye out for the other colours.

Just picked up a GameCube off adverts 2 controllers and 7(8?) games for 40quid.

Mario Kart double dash
    Starsky and Hutch
    Super Monkey Ball
    Pikmin
    XIII
    Resident Evil
    Driver

One controller is wireless and Mario Kart has legend of zelda in it too?

While i was down on Grafton street i went into that game shop there. They have old controllers in bags for fairly cheap, mostly xbox1 and gamecube. there is a boxed gamecube for sale for 30 quid at the counter too and a ps1 didnt spot anything older though.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Shark attack (blue and light blue)
    I've this one but its red and grey,maybe its worth thousands:D.Got this in the post today .Fast Striker,a new bullet hell game for the Dreamcast.I'll get around to playing it later and checking out the soundtrack.For now,all I can do is look at the cover and read the manual lol.
    DSCF2075.jpg?t=1294679978

DSCF2076.jpg?t=1294679978

DSCF2077.jpg?t=1294679978

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Limited Edition case, nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Redbassist

Got an old PSone with some japanese classics WOO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Have now got my ds playing all the old spectrum games wooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooo

thousands of games to choose from and all free :D

Master of the Universe

Bought a PSone console with two controllers, two memory cards, steering wheel and about 30 games (15 legit, 15 of questionable origin!) for €25. Added to that I got Micro Machines V3, two copies of Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, two copies of Resident Evil 2 (with and without case), Everybody's Golf 2, Gran Turismo 1 and 2, WWF Smackdown, Castlevania Symphony of the Night, Driver 2, GTA2, Tenchu 1 and 2, Syphon Filter 1, 2, & 3, Future Cop LAPD, Soviet Strike... plus a good few more games I couldn't be bothered listing! Happy days!

Okay I don't want to be stating the obvious, and sorry if I seem like it (It just seems odd to me that you have this listed so far down). But you do know that Castlevania SOTN is a hard to find sought after game and is worth around €100?

That's some deal you got. Future COP LAPD is worth about €30 on its own.

Master of the Universe

Avp.jpg

Just an update on the above, I contacted the seller and he assured me that it's a 100% original Capcom board and not a bootleg.

Also said the suicide battery was changed 16 months ago.

I'll open it up when it arrives just to confirm.

Now, to phoenix or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭dmcdante

Got the sega mega collection for mega drive with streets of rage and also got resident evil code V for the dreamcast looking forward to playing streets of rage again the way it should be played

Castlevania SOTN is a hard to find sought after game and is worth around €100?

Was just looking at some of the Limited Edition prices on ebay, didn't know it was that expensive! :)

Master of the Universe

It's crazy really. The ps1 generation had perhaps the greatest 2D game ever made and nobody really bothered with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's crazy really. The ps1 generation had perhaps the greatest 2D game ever made and nobody really bothered with it.

I ignored it because it got bad reviews. Absolute idiots in the gaming press at the time. When I found it it was actually amazing it was no where to be found in shops. I actually bought Tekken 2 over it one time :( Thankfully I found out that my mams cousin worked in Konami and he found a promo copy and sent it to me. It was worth all the pain to get it.

I was late to the PS1 party so it was probably long gone from the shops by then. Got my CIB Limited Ed from a friend of a friend for around a tenner I do believe, even has his original Game receipt from May 98, 24.99 it cost. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Okay I don't want to be stating the obvious, and sorry if I seem like it (It just seems odd to me that you have this listed so far down). But you do know that Castlevania SOTN is a hard to find sought after game and is worth around €100?

That's some deal you got. Future COP LAPD is worth about €30 on its own.

Sorry should have clarified! I didn't get all those games as part of the PSone sale, but for €85 I got Castlevania, Tenchu 1 & 2, Resident Evil 2, Future Cop, and Syphon Filter 1 2 & 3 which is pretty decent considering Castlevania is worth that alone :)

I just bought another Tomy Tronic 3d :D a blue one this time! Planet Zeon... must..stop..buying stuff....

Just an update on the above, I contacted the seller and he assured me that it's a 100% original Capcom board and not a bootleg.

Also said the suicide battery was changed 16 months ago.

I'll open it up when it arrives just to confirm.

Now, to phoenix or not?

Ah, all good so. You'll need a Torx20 (I think) to open the case, & bang some pics up when you get it.

Phoenixing is an age old question. Downside is that some folks will consider the board no longer original (despite the fact that it's all the original hardware, & the same eeproms you send to Razoola will be the same ones you get back - it's the decryption code that's modified on your existing chips is all). Upside is that the board will never suicide, you can therefore completely remove the battery & forget about it, you don't have to worry about the battery leaking & destroying the board anymore, you can change the region of certain games which in some cases gives different content etc.

For me it was a no brainer once I understood the actual process.

Master of the Universe

Cheers man! :) I was going to just leave it and then bring it back from the grave once the battery dies.

However I had completely neglected the fact that these batteries can leak.

It'll have to be phoenixed. I won't be able to sleep at night knowing that horrible acid gunk may at any moment be eating into the board.

Might have to pick that brain of yours once it arrives if you don't mind? Even if you could just give me a hand removing the eeproms and battery from the board that'd be great :)

I swear to god this'll be the last thing...lol.

• Advertisement

Cheers man! :) I was going to just leave it and then bring it back from the grave once the battery dies.

However I had completely neglected the fact that these batteries can leak.

It'll have to be phoenixed. I won't be able to sleep at night knowing that horrible acid gunk may at any moment be eating into the board.

Might have to pick that brain of yours once it arrives if you don't mind? Even if you could just give me a hand removing the eeproms and battery from the board that'd be great :)

I swear to god this'll be the last thing...lol.

I seen some nasty pics on arcadeotaku of various CPS2 boards where batteries had failed/leaked & destroyed the board :(

Yep no hassle at all man, glad to be of any assistance :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement