Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

No retro purchases for me so far this month (the Saturn is one I'm planning though I really fancy getting a Mega Drive now because of Pier Solar).

This just landed in my office though, which is nice (was hoping it was my Scott Pilgrim Blu Ray limited edition but alas An Post have yet to pony up with that one yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Pyongyang wrote: »
    No retro purchases for me so far this month (the Saturn is one I'm planning though I really fancy getting a Mega Drive now because of Pier Solar).

Why look as this, someone here is selling a Megadrive, what a funny coincidence

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/sega-mega-drive-with-20-games/344428

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Nice! Bit rich for my diet though. I'm just toying with getting one purely for Pier Solar. The MD I'm looking for needs to be super cheap, basically something that's been pulled out of a skip and looks like it has been too. :)

Might be worth waiting to see if it hits XBOX Live though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Offer 5, delivered to my door with all carts cleaned, cart socket cleaned, you install the console & tune it in etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Bought Castle of illusion and Mercs for the Megadrive. So that's my 3v voucher all used up and my online shopping spree for the next 3 months :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I just got my credit card bill and it could be 2014 before I get this mother paid off, so no more buying for me....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

The first TOCA. At the time they said it was goin to be the best racing game ever.. then Gran Turismo was released :pac:

Still good though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭DickyC

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I just got my credit card bill and it could be 2014 before I get this mother paid off, so no more buying for me....

The one serious downside of internet shopping, the cc bill:(

Im telling ya what ye should do is the bank transfer into paypal, for one its free and you have a spending cap that you wont break because you have to top it up with cash again.

Takes about 3 days to go through is the only thing so i always liek to have a bit of a reserve in it just incase i spot a good deal

If I had a CC the ****ing damage I would be after doing at this stage, I dont want to think about

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Having to wait 3 working days for money to go into Paypal is annoying. I just go for stuff that allows Bank Transfers.

• Advertisement

Ah bank tranfers arnt as safe as paypal, but sellers with positive feedback there usually nothing to worry about

I'm after making some serious off for a sh1t load of games on ebay over the past hour, even if only half of them accept i'll be getting a lot of rare MD games :D

This is true but I never bid on anything from anyone with neg feedback, even just one.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,564 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Augmerson wrote: »
    This is true but I never bid on anything from anyone with neg feedback, even just one.

What?! Ye mad yolk. There's more to it than that. You need to look at the percentage ratios. One negative feedback is nothing. Especially if they have a high amount of positive. Their percentage of positive feedback would probably still be 99.9%. You also need to look and see over what timeframe they got the negatives. Did they get loads in one month? Or are they a long time seller and the negatives are over a decade? If someone has been selling on ebay for years and years, chances are they have at least one or two negatives. But you have to look at the flip side, if they've been selling on ebay for years, chances are also high that they're more experienced and may even offer a better service.

Sellers can no longer leave buyers negative feedback. So the whole 'if you leave me a negative I'll leave you one too' practice has gone. It's good for buyers, but it's bad for sellers as it means people are leaving negatives for really small issues now.

What I do is look at the percentage. If they have a low feedback score and their percentage is below 99% I'll check their feedback. If they have a high feedback score and their percentage is 98% or below I'll check their feedback.

I'm not as diligent doing that anymore though...as when it comes to all the stuff I've bought on ebay over the last 10 years or so, the items which haven't turned up (which have been very low) could not have been predicted via feedback.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Hey question about feedback on ebay since its mentioned, i bought a nes off it a while back, add said fully tested and working no problem, came with bubble bobble. Didnt work when i got it at all! flashing screen etc. so replaced the 72pin and cleaned the game and its perfect.

Even at that i didnt leave the guy negative feedback i left neutral and just said i fixed it. he replied saying that i wasnt a nintendo engineer and that it was working fine before he sold it. haha..

anyways, he hasnt left me feedback at all and that was a few months ago. does a seller have the option not to leave feedback?

keithgeo wrote: »
    Hey question about feedback on ebay since its mentioned, i bought a nes off it a while back, add said fully tested and working no problem, came with bubble bobble. Didnt work when i got it at all! flashing screen etc. so replaced the 72pin and cleaned the game and its perfect.

Even at that i didnt leave the guy negative feedback i left neutral and just said i fixed it. he replied saying that i was a nintendo engineer and that it was working fine before he sold it. haha..

anyways, he hasnt left me feedback at all and that was a few months ago. does a seller have the option not to leave feedback?

The thing about the NES is that they are damned tempramental. The seller very well could have been telling you the truth, I suppose you were just lucky you had the skills required to fix it. Otherwise it was PayPal claims etc. Chalk it off & move on, as far as I know feedback isn't mandatory.

Master of the Universe

Nope, they don't have to leave it. I guess since sellers cant leave negative feedback now they'll just leave none if they've had any form of negative experience.

Something else I've noticed is that a lot of sellers with massive feedback (say in the thousands to hundreds of thousands) don't leave feedback at all. As their feedback score is so high that they don't need any more.

yeh ill just suck it up and move on! ;) Theres an auction on ebay.com at the minute for 4 Tomytronics, one of which is boxed. I already have two of them on the way.. bid is at $60 and i contacted the seller and he said $30-40 delivery to ireland he doesnt know yet. seriously contemplating bidding if it doesnt get too high and selling the other two or something.

keithgeo wrote: »
    yeh ill just suck it up and move on! ;) Theres an auction on ebay.com at the minute for 4 Tomytronics, one of which is boxed. I already have two of them on the way.. bid is at $60 and i contacted the seller and he said $30-40 delivery to ireland he doesnt know yet. seriously contemplating bidding if it doesnt get too high and selling the other two or something.

I'd be interested in whatever doubles you get :)

haha had a feeling someone might! Ill have to see how im fixed, if i can go for them, ive spent a fair bit recently and had to drop the car in this morning with an engine light problem. ill keep an eye on it and let you know, to be honest i wouldnt be bidding big money on it, if it was buy it now for $60 no problem, but id say that will go up a good bit when it comes near the end of the auction. They are all in great condition too.

Shinobi III in the post from Germany =] oh joy!

• Advertisement

funny enough i was looking at ebay germany last night, was it the copy with the tiny bit of sun damge on the inlay?

Master of the Universe

Augmerson wrote: »
    Shinobi III in the post from Germany =] oh joy!

You lucky git! Is it complete? I STILL can't find a complete boxed version for a good price. It's driving me nuts.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    You lucky git! Is it complete? I STILL can't find a complete boxed version for a good price. It's driving me nuts.

Depends on your definition of a "good" price. ;)
    Here's one for just over €30 posted, link.

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Depends on your definition of a "good" price. ;)
    Here's one for just over €30 posted, link.

Awh, that's a Genesis copy. I don't buy Genesis games. PAL or nothing! ;)

I'll have that Genesis copy of M.U.S.H.A so. :P
    There's a nice CIB PAL version (of Shinobi 3) there but it's around €50.

WHERE?!

edit, sorry i got excited and realised you were talking about Shinobi III, thought you were talking about musha, till i remembered there is no Pal musha

Master of the Universe

WHERE?!

I'm pretty sure he means a nice PAL copy of Shinobi 3 for €50 as MUSHA didn't have a PAL release. ;)

Andrew76 - not on your life! :p

I have a handful of exceptions. That be one of them!

Hehe just edited to clarify it was Shinobi. I would've snapped up a CIB musha at anything like that price. :pac:

Yeah, just did a quick ebay search, that copy for $460 must be there for about a year now

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Unfortunately my one is cart only and the label has a rip. :( Better than nothing I guess.

It's really shot up in price in the last few years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement