Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

*gasp* No Gamecubes! ;)

I'd love to have a CIB supermariokart myself

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm sure some here would love the boxed N64 RF unit, if only the smash it to bits, then burn it and post online!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

batari wrote: »
    *gasp* No Gamecubes! ;)

I think I exhausted the game cube stock, i'm just going to sit on it now and watch it rocket.

To be honest it's my first ever copy of Mario Cart for the SNES, I've been missing bids for it for 2 years now same for Bomberman.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I love the PC Engine editions of Bomberman, must pick one of the later ones up.
    Not to mention a PC Engine to run it!
    My TG-16 won't do it, and the adaptor is more expensive then just getting a jap console!
    I was looking at a TurboDuo console, that the PC Engine with the CD drive, plays jap only Hucards but region free when it comes to game disks, and they are readily "backed up", handy for keeping your collection safe, and stuff....

Remember kids, piracy is wrong!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,816 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thought the japanese PC Engines were region free? Anyway I'm pretty sure the mod to make them region free is very handy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

FINALLY! Got my hands on a boxed Atari 2600 Junior :cool: No peripherals, console & box only...but for 15 euro I would have been committed not to buy it. Console is in superb condition, and as old console boxes go, it's also it great shape.

34hfnsi.jpg

4kjqd5.jpg

Also got a second Sega GameGear. It needs the sound cap fix, but for a whopping 8 euro I would have been insane to pass it by. I'll order up the cap kit & bring it back to life. It also has the two battery covers too which was a nice surprise.

2qvquk5.jpg

And finally two brand new & sealed Playstation 1 memory cards.

2e6e9le.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

:eek: that 2600 jnr box looks identical to mine! Have you been stealing my stuff?!?

Some very nice pickups there anyway and a good bargain with the gamegear!

:eek: that 2600 jnr box looks identical to mine! Have you been stealing my stuff?!?

Don't they all look alike :D Kidding, yeah been wanting one of those for ages, good things come to those who wait and all that!

Prices dictated I simply couldn't afford not to buy them :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

just wondering where you guys get these? do you buy them off ebay? they always seem to cost way more than 15 quid on there!

keithgeo wrote: »
    just wondering where you guys get these? do you buy them off ebay? they always seem to cost way more than 15 quid on there!

The memory cards came from ebay - €12 for the two. Expensive as they go but given they're new & sealed I said feck it.

The Atari came from a pal, & the Gamegear came from the trusty buy and sell. I'm normally an ebay addict, but it is worth keeping your eyes out for local stuff too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I used to always trawl the buy and sell for games but then it got crap and haven't bothered in years.

Ive seen a few people who get stuff from charity shops, just wondering what are the chances of actually finding retro games in them, is it a regular occurance or is it few and far between.

Chances of finding retro games, high enough.

Chances of finding retro games that aren't sports games, slim to none.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,454 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've had amazing luck over the years in charity shops. Well my mam has had amazing luck over the years in charity shops on my behalf :D while I was a broke college bum it was my only source of old consoles. Got loads.

theres one or two down beside me im going to drop in and check out, might have a word with them while im there and ask them to ring me if they get anything in. There does be a car boot sale every weekend too just down the road, might start visiting there every now and again.

Car boot sales can be goldmines. Most of the time they're not but you can still pick up a few bits. If there's local ones on and you're not doing anything, definitely check them out.

My recent purchases: Placed my order for Pier Solar and made an offer to a seller on ebay for a game I've been wanting for a while :D

Im going to head down to it tomorrow and check it out, ill report back!

Got a megadrive today with American Football\Ice hocky cart, remains to be seen if its working! see here -

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056140412

Also got this, not retro but pretty cool, GT5 Press Kit..

IMG_5970.jpg
    IMG_5971.jpg
    IMG_5972.jpg

Just bought a Jap copy of No one can stop mr domino on the PS1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

keithgeo wrote: »

Also got this, not retro but pretty cool, GT5 Press Kit..

That GT5 kit is prob the best ive gotten, can't wait for the Killzone one fingers crossed for Helgast goggles.

I thought it was alright, its just a big metal box! the god of war 3 box was great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Found these boxed NES games in the attic.

Bought Sonic 1 and 2 for the megadrive, complete, last night. cant have a megadrive without them. any other recomendations for a new megadrive owner?

Master of the Universe

Yay! Two years and three months of waiting, finally over.

DSC_0815.jpg

I mulled over it for a while but just had to open her up. On the plus side I managed to open the seal without breaking it :pac: Not that I'd ever sell it anyway. Just nice to have everything intact.

DSC_0816.jpg

DSC_0817.jpg

DSC_0821.jpg

DSC_0822.jpg

DSC_0823-1.jpg

Glad I opened it up now. I was a bit skeptical about whether names would be included or not.

I r famous! Was really quite surreal seeing this -

DSC_0823.jpg

DSC_0828.jpg

Totally un games related..but I just got this from my girlfriend for Christmas. I'm a massive Terminator 2 fan. This is quite possibly one of the coolest thing I've ever seen. 1:1 scale. Eyes light up and everything! Pretty ****ing freaky.

DSC_0814.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Very nice additions there o1s1n

wish i got me a copy of pier solar :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Nice one o1s1n, PS looks lovely. They went to town with the packaging on that version. I'd be interested to know how the game plays and what the sound is like with and without the cd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

good stuff o1s1n even got your name in the booklet thats sweet:D

You caved & opened it? That prob cost you >10k :rolleyes::D Joking aside, it's a beatutiful looking package, and it's a brand new Megadrive game!!!

But my god man where did she get the T800 skull? It's amazing! I'm also delighted to see I'm not the only T2 nutjob here :pac:

Got bangai-o off augmerson there today and it's mint! Thanks again :D

I'll throw up some pics when I get all the stuff I've ordered this week

Master of the Universe

The cart package is only sealed with a sticker. If I can get that off without damaging it like the other one then I'll give it a go with the disc and give my impressions later :)

If not I'll leave it as it is and just wait for my other one. Can burn a copy of this disc while I wait.

The packaging is indeed amazing. You wouldn't get better quality from an official release.

Enternow - as far as I know she got it from Amazon. They were limited release and sold out ages ago so are actually quite hard to get.

There's one annoying niggle about it. There's a button on the side that you press. The eyes light up and it plays sound effects. Once that's over the eyes go out.

There should be a button beside that just for leaving the eyes on.

Anyway, I'm really really happy with it. It's made of plastic but you really wouldn't know with that chrome. The sun is hitting it in the sitting room this morning and it really looks the business!

• Advertisement

You should use it to blind and scare unsuspecting passers by outside your window :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement