Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Behold!

conor001.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

And not an obscure 2600 game in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Got Dark Chronicle for the PS2 and Brutal - Paws of Fury for the mega cd

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Other half got me this for Xmas..

IMG_5847.jpg

Love it, first game i had as a kid. Works perfect sound and picture and is in great condition. She actually bought two but there is something wrong with the first one she got, she said she plugged a 12v plug into it and the screen wouldnt come on, says on the box its 13v. She said "she had an electrician look at it" and he said it needs a "new chip". anyone got any idea how to fix it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

sugarman wrote: »
    Very noice man!

The 12v adaptor wont have done any damage if it says its 13v. Try a 13v adaptor if you have'nt already, could just be under powered with a 12v.

No idea what the 'electrician' is on about tbh.

Stuff like that will still be working long after every PS3 & 360 has cooked itself, I'd imagine it's something simple. Like sugarman says, try a 13v adaptor if that's what it takes, but take care with the polarity.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Warren3 wrote: »
    Got Dark Chronicle for the PS2 and Brutal - Paws of Fury for the mega cd

It's not called Brutal for nothing.....BUT, I did hear that they made atleast a decent effort with the Mega CD version, so it might redeem itself, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭dmcdante

Christmas Was good this year got a sega mega drive 2 with sonic 1 and 2 with quackshot
    And also got eteral darkness for the gamecube

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Just òrdered Everybody's Golf for PS1, can't wait to get cracking on it again. A game that actually made golf fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,443 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Have you ever played Neo Turf Masters? Best golf game in my opinion. Made by the same guys who did Metal Slug. (Around the same time too I think)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Finally getting my newly modded DC back on Tuesday :) not really new but there ya go

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Same here, Neo Turf Masters rocks.
    Also have it for the Neo Geo Pocket Color, outstanding!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Oh yeah remind me to post up a pic of the jap MD game I got in the rage. Maybe someone can figure out what it is. Haven't been bothered to find the MD cables.

Also picked up GT5 today which is at home calling my name. Roll on 10pm! Was like hens teeth trying to find it in town this morning. Even the regular edition! But I got my hands on the last collectors Ed. in gamestop. The big signature edition was sitting there begging for me to buy it but it was too expensive :(

Edit: so yeah, anyone know what it is?

Picture017.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Last night I received a late birthday present (birthday was the 27th). I finally got a Big Trak!

Not the MB original but the ZT reboot. But still, I'm delighted with it. I always wanted one as a kid so it's great to have one at last.

Sorry it's not very video gamey, but it is retro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Edit: so yeah, anyone know what it is?

OK, take this with a pinch of salt but, going off of my anime/manga memory from days bygone, I THINK that you might have a Doreamon game. That said I'm only going off of the lad on the label wearing a blue sweater (if it's a Doreamon game his name is Nobi).

Doreamon would be on the label though I would have thought. Plus the only Doreamon game I know of on the Mega Drive is Doreamon vs The Dream Thief.

Can you get a clearer photo of the label? Mainly wanting to see the copyright info and the studio name.

Hope I was of some help!

edit: Doesn't look like it's a Doreamon game as that was developed by Samsung (I think). Your game is developed by Jaspac. The only game I can find on master lists developed by them is a Sega CD game based on the anime Record of Lodoss War. Can't find anything else...yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Picked up Ms. Pac-Man and an official Nintendo Gameboy bag from RAGE today =]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So RAGE has dried out!
    Fantastic!

(any water damaged goods going cheap?)

I think it's this:

So it is! Nice dectectiving work there :D Also apparantly one of the first 4 release games for the MD and a Jap exclusive.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So RAGE has dried out!
    Fantastic!

(any water damaged goods going cheap?)

Not that I noticed but, if I were you, I'd try and make a visit soon, someone told me the damage done means they may not be open for much longer.

Ah jaysus, sure that's not right.
    That shop was the first real, local chance at retro game buying, and it was the one shop I know that got hit with floods, someone up there is laughing at our expense...
    They are probably on the Sony and Xbox forums, current gen losers!

• Advertisement

Yeah, it sucks big time. It may not come to that, idk, but one of the lads who owns the shop was talking to someone in there yesterday and saying he wasn't sure how much longer they could keep it open. Now, I'm just eavesdropping (and I don't normally do that, I'm not some nosey prick and this could all have been taken out of context) so hopefully fingers crossed it will stay open.

I'd say the cost of repairing the roof, the water damage to the basement plus damage to stock all has to come out of their pocket and that would be a fairly high price unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,443 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Seriously, what are the chances of this happening in the only decent shop for us in town? It's a sick joke indeed. :(

T'will be a sad day indeed if the rage is no more :( I hope it's not true anyway! Seeing as it's still fairly new and all and then for something like that to happen :(

Well, if it comes to that (and let's hope it doesn't) we could always do some kind of fundraiser of some sort? Idk. I'd just prefer to see it open, it's brilliant to be able to visit a bricks and mortar store, check out games at your leisure and not be ripped off for buying them either.

24hr game-a-thon in the shop? With owners permission of course

Yeah!
    Forget about raising cash for a new roof on the church, do it for the local retro gaming shop instead!
    You'd need to know how out of pocket they are, presumably you don't get to rent a property without some sort of insurance, to cover the damage to the roof and stock, if not the latter then certainly the former.
    If it is stock that is costing them, I'm sure a fundraiser, a gig or a games marathon, or just drinky poohs somewhere would raise a few bob...

Well you know me, I'm not doing anything unless drinky poohs are involved :P

Ah no I would but I'll just bring some odd tasting coke

>.>

<.<

So, you'd be the guy in Animal House, messing with the punch!

TOGA, TOGA, TOGA!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Surely there's no way they'd have the shop open without insurance? Seems too silly to be true...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well having a degreee in quantity surveying let me tell you all that water damage can get expensive! But then again somtimes theres is just superficial damage done, I wouldnt say that is the case here with the ammount of water I saw in that video.

of corse there could be nothing wrong with the shop and atavan could just be a eavesdropping sh1t and getting us all worried for nothing

And as for the insurance question Jimmy, insurance companies will try their best to not pay out a claim so i dunnno, is freezing water an act of god?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement