Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Pyongyang wrote: »
    If any of you find a Dreamcast Arcade Stick knocking around in one of these gafs, let me know! :D

You have more chance of finding the Ark of Covenant in a charity shop than one of them! I tried for years, they just don't show up.

Only way of getting one is to keep an eye out on adverts or ebay.co.uk. There was a Dreamcast with an ASCII stick listed on ebay.ie a few months ago, but it's the first one I've seen in a very long time. And it sold for a lot.

So if you want one sometime soon (and not by freak chance!) then go to ebay.co.uk. Sometimes you'll get a UK seller who offers decent postage on the things over to here. A good price would be to find a stick that's being sold for around €25 with maybe €15-€20 on postage to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

o1s1n wrote: »
    You have more chance of finding the Ark of Covenant in a charity shop than one of them! I tried for years, they just don't show up.

Only way of getting one is to keep an eye out on adverts or ebay.co.uk. There was a Dreamcast with an ASCII stick listed on ebay.ie a few months ago, but it's the first one I've seen in a very long time. And it sold for a lot.

So if you want one sometime soon (and not by freak chance!) then go to ebay.co.uk. Sometimes you'll get a UK seller who offers decent postage on the things over to here. A good price would be to find a stick that's being sold for around €25 with maybe €15-€20 on postage to Ireland.

Yep I checked eBay a few times recently. Prices are grand just the postage is ridiculous.

Was hoping there might be some sort of USB > Dreamcast converter so I could use my Hori on it, but I guess I'd be better off with one with the VMU slot anyway. I want to get the Green Goblin though, not the rotten orange looking thing doing the cheapo rounds.

Cheers for the info. :)

Master of the Universe

Was hoping there might be some sort of USB > Dreamcast converter so I could use my Hori on it

There is an adapter to do the opposite. I have one and use my Dreamcast stick with MAME. I'm pretty sure it lets you use it with the ps3 too. Cool little yolks. It's called the 'Trio Linker Plus II' I think. Also has a port for playstation and gamecube pads.

If you do find a stick for a decent price, sometimes it can be a good idea just to send the seller an email asking what their postage price is to Ireland. As we automatically fit in 'worldwide' or 'EU' as far as ebay goes, so the seller may in fact offer cheaper postage to Ireland.

o1s1n wrote: »
    There is an adapter to do the opposite. I have one and use my Dreamcast stick with MAME. I'm pretty sure it lets you use it with the ps3 too. Cool little yolks. It's called the 'Trio Linker Plus II' I think. Also has a port for playstation and gamecube pads.

If you do find a stick for a decent price, sometimes it can be a good idea just to send the seller an email asking what their postage price is to Ireland. As we automatically fit in 'worldwide' or 'EU' as far as ebay goes, so the seller may in fact offer cheaper postage to Ireland.

Sage advice, thanks. What are these cheeky lads like? Any use for the money?

http://www.xgaming.com/store/arcade-joysticks-and-game-controllers/product/x-arcade-solo-joystick/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Keep an eye on adverts over the next few days for a dreamcast stick. A mate of mine is selling up all his retro stuff and asked me to take a look.
    He has a sega original dreamcast stick in pretty good condition.
    Has a bunch of other stuff going up there too so it might be of interest (saturn, ps1, ps2, n64 games).

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Sage advice, thanks. What are these cheeky lads like? Any use for the money?

http://www.xgaming.com/store/arcade-joysticks-and-game-controllers/product/x-arcade-solo-joystick/

Here's the thing about X Arcade sticks - they're built like a tank, the buttons are decent, but the stick is a bit unresponsive if you're used to Japanese ones. The whole thing has a very american feel to it.

They're not bad, but for the money you can do better.
    bugs wrote: »
    Keep an eye on adverts over the next few days for a dreamcast stick. A mate of mine is selling up all his retro stuff and asked me to take a look.
    Has a bunch of other stuff going up there too so it might be of interest (saturn, ps1, ps2, n64 games).

Would love to hear what the Saturn games are. If he has Panzer Dragoon Saga tell him I have first dibs :D

I CALL FIRST DIBS ON THE DREAMCAST ARCADE STICK!!!!!!*

*Ass
    uming it's sensibly priced

From memory the saturn games are fighting vipers, virtua fighter 2, virtua cop 2 (with gun in box), sega rally, fighters megamix, nights, christmas nights and maybe some more, not sure.

The stick will be suitably priced :)

The stick will be suitably priced :)

Suitably or sensibly? :D

Suitably or sensibly? :D

A suitably sensible price....

• Advertisement

That's Asda Price! :D

asda%20pocket%20slap.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Any idea what PS1, PS2 and N64 stuff might be going up?

N64 - Mario 64, F-zero X, Zelda OOT, Banjo, etc.
    PS1 - MGS, wipeout 2097, wip3out, tempest x-3?, Resident evil, FF7, etc.
    PS2 - Bunch of US NTSC games, tekken tag, blood omen, re-code veronica, etc.

I imagine it'll all be put up in the next day or so, keep an eye out. batman_oh is his username i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

CAW CAW
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQSGghA0lmACLlCNY7knHdYoMmhvp4-zwIgROdT1DNSGRAHO4I&t=1

I imagine it'll all be put up in the next day or so, keep an eye out. batman_oh is his username i think.

*hovers around Adverts.ie like a skanger outside a Centra*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have a dreamcast stick, I mutilated it though.
    Stripped out the interior and wired it to the supergun, itself plugged into the mvs board.

That hasn't upset anyone, has it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Stripped out the interior and wired it to the supergun, itself plugged into the mvs board.

Just hang on to the Dreamcast stick PCB. They can be handy spares for somebody if a PCB from a DC stick fails.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! THE HUMANITY!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Just hang on to the Dreamcast stick PCB. They can be handy spares for somebody if a PCB from a DC stick fails.
    The MC Cthulhu works on Dreamcast now, and AkihabaraShop have (had?) a new DC PCB, too.

Plus you could always use Saturn or PS1 converters.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

just got Xenosaga episode 2 in the post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭megaten

Warren3 wrote: »
    just got Xenosaga episode 2 in the post

How awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

megaten wrote: »
    How awful.

Is it that bad??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭megaten

Warren3 wrote: »
    Is it that bad??

It been years since I played it but from what I can remember the whole series is was meant to be 5 or 6 games and was pushed into 3. I found it to be pretty disjointed. There was some decent characters but that all I can remember really.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The first Xenosaga started off great but ended up terrible. The battle system was a total joke and the story was utter ****e. I stopped playing xenosaga 2 halfway through because it was god awful, even worse! I heard the third one is actually great but unfortunately after people thought it would be rubbish after the first 2 games nobody bought it and it's now quite rare.

Xenosaga was meant to be an unofficial follow up to Xenogears. Xenogears was a squaresoft project that was meant to span 6 episodes. Xenogears was the fifth. Unfortunately the production trouble of FF7 poured over into Xenogears and it became a bit of a mess and square dropped the project after the Xenogears. Most of the team left Squaresoft and formed their own company to continue it on. Namco took them up. Then the original creator and creative mind behind Xenogears up and left early in the creative process which put a spanner in the works. Xenosaga still went ahead as the second chapter of the xenogears saga, skipping over chapter 1. Anyway Xenosaga was successful, Xenosaga 2 even less so. The team decided to finish the saga up with Xenosaga 3 since they were about to become a Nintendo second party and wouldn;t have a chance to work with on it and the Xenosaga story had strayed away from what was originally intended anyway. It's strange how bad the Xenosaga games are considering I love the rest of the games monolithsoft have done.

Big thanks to whackball for the Namco, here's what I did to it:

Stock buttons & stick (except for 1 new switch)
    Triple-modded with PS360 board.
    DSC00216.jpg

The USB is (probably) temporary until I can get a Neutrik.
    Extra button is Home/Guide.
    DSC00217.jpg

I'm a complete oaf at soldering. That's some mercurial work there chief.

I'm a complete oaf at soldering. That's some mercurial work there chief.
    The trick is a clean tip, and to use thin solid-core wire.

Never going back to stranded!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My Dreamcast stick knob fell off!
    But not to worry, a quick screw and it was back on again!

Also, just picked up my lovely Batman Returns for the Snes, the scrolling beat'em up I like, good times!

My Dreamcast stick knob fell off!

Seriously, there has to be an SPCDA (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Dreamcast Arcade Sticks) so I can get yours rehoused to a loving, caring home. I.E. Mine! :D

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    The trick is a clean tip, and to use thin solid-core wire.

Never going back to stranded!

My top tip is to pay someone else to do the work for me. Talking of which my chipped Dreamcast should be ready to collect today. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement