Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

15! **** sake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

You'll hate me. 15 euro!

I hate your soul to the very core! No fair! :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,298 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Right, pics!

24etf9f.jpg

I'm guessing no-ones interested in Jim, so...

34j82td.jpg

Awesome back cover:

2agn29f.jpg

Generally in good nick apart from a bit of sticker peelage:

2wr2pok.jpg

Now to find a way to play the darn thing :P

Just happened to be passing by RAGE killing time when they were putting out the new shipment. Didn't even know what game it was on first look, only when I looked at the manual did I see references to M.U.S.H.A. and got interested. Had been googling the other Japanese games to see if they were worth getting, but as soon as I realised what it was I jumped!

Actually felt a bit bad when I checked online and saw the real value! Guy in RAGE was really nice about it (even tried to get it up and running with Action Replay to test it, and googled it for me to make sure it was the right MUSHA!) would have paid more but I genuinely didn't know it went for as much as it did, just knew the game was meant to be awesome and it makes a nice collectible. If our friends in RAGE are reading, you can rest assured I won't be selling it on for profit!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,698 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

My Japanese Musha cart sticker is doing something similar to your one.

IMGP8181.jpg

And I still thought I got a bargain at around €50 :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,298 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

o1s1n wrote: »
    My Japanese Musha cart sticker is doing something similar to your one.

Darn crappy superglue!

A question - it's my first Japanese MegaDrive game, so what's the easiest way to play it? I have an MD2, it can't be as easy as filing down the edges on the console?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Playing MUSHA on a PAL console so it is slowed down to 50Hz is an absolute sin. The reason the game is so unique and amazing is because it's so bloody fast, it belts along at an absolutely crazy pace. Playing it on PAL would really ruin it. My advice is to get the console modded.

I'd like to chime in with you jammy jammy swine!

Master of the Universe

Darn crappy superglue!

A question - it's my first Japanese MegaDrive game, so what's the easiest way to play it? I have an MD2, it can't be as easy as filing down the edges on the console?

I'm pretty sure both NTSC copies of MUSHA have no region lock out (It's been a while since I've played it on an unmodded console!), so it would just be a matter of filing those little pieces of plastic off the cart slot.

But yeah, the horror of 50hz, the horror!

Right, pics!
    2wr2pok.jpg

OH MY GOD IT'S THE JAPANESE VERSION! NO FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Went a filing and it works :)

Now to consider modding!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Now to most definitely mod!

FYP :D Where's EnterNow when you need him? :(

Nice find dude! Was eyeing it up on the FB page but wouldn't have had a chance to get into town soon enough :(

• Advertisement

FYP :D Where's EnterNow when you need him? :(

Nice find dude! Was eyeing it up on the FB page but wouldn't have had a chance to get into town soon enough :(

Yeah might drop him a PM see what's required.

As said, complete random chance, just burning time before the cinema and lucky days :) Don't think we're allowed complain about RAGE prices for a while now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Have Bubble Bobble 2 for the NES waiting for me when I go to the US next week.
    They have a shop in Jericho, New York called "Frankies" (little bit like RAGE but even smaller and they also sell a nice coffee)that I always check out when I'm there and a friend checks it for me when he gets a chance. He was in last week and they had Bubble Bobble 2 still in its box for 110 dollars. My friend said it was in near mint condition so I asked him to grab it for me.

It's a risk but I still think it was a bargain, even if its just near mint :D

Only prob is I don't have a US NES or a modded NES or any NES for that matter after my old one was brutally murdered by a moving company some months ago.

So I need to buy a new NES, what's the best option for me to get if I have normal PAL and also US games? Should I get a PAL NES and get it modded or a US NES and get that modded? Does it matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Got a few games the other day for 30 euro.

Secret of Evermore
    Kirby fun pak
    Donkey Kong 2
    Mickey magical quest
    mario is missing
    jungle book
    winter gold
    cool spot
    dr franken
    mario paint

Okay some crap there but Evermore and kirby not too bad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Steve SI wrote: »
    So I need to buy a new NES, what's the best option for me to get if I have normal PAL and also US games? Should I get a PAL NES and get it modded or a US NES and get that modded? Does it matter?

Modding a NES to play US games is the easiest mod you will ever do, ive done it twice myself and im brutal at this stuff. You simply remove a pin from one of the chips on the board and thats it. Enternow has a great thread on which i used to do mine. Ill see if i can find it.

Edit :

Here is is http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=68618714

keithgeo wrote: »
    Modding a NES to play US games is the easiest mod you will ever do, ive done it twice myself and im brutal at this stuff. You simply remove a pin from one of the chips on the board and thats it. Enternow has a great thread on which i used to do mine. Ill see if i can find it.

Edit :

Here is is http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=68618714

Sweet, I'll pick up a NES from somewhere and do this mod.

Master of the Universe

Only problem is you'll still be stuck at 50hz!

Best to get an NTSC one. The music in Megaman 2 deserves to be played at it's proper speed ;)

You could get a standard American one and do the easy region mod or buy an American top loader..I'm pretty sure they're region free (you might want to look into that first)

Only problem is you'll still be stuck at 50hz!

Best to get an NTSC one. The music in Megaman 2 deserves to be played at it's proper speed ;)

You could get a standard American one and do the easy region mod or buy an American top loader..I'm pretty sure they're region free (you might want to look into that first)

Might just grab a US one then and do this mod on it. Your right about 50Hz, i forgot all about that.
    I'll see if I can get one over there and stick it in my luggage on the way back to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Picked up Super Ghouls and Ghosts for the Snes today. I'm ready for the challenge ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CDH

Was in a second hand shop in Galway today and got The Silent Hill Collection, Metal Gear 3 Subsistence and Shadow of the Colossus (with art cards) for €4 each.
    Looking forward to Shadow of the Colossus as I've been meaning to play it for years but could never find a copy.

See thats the things about second hand shops, you can find some great deals. But it takes a lot of looking and i just feel weird going in to most of them down here. Not to mention that a lot of them have a strange smell!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

You get used to that musty old person smell after a while.

i could get used to it if i ever found a nice haul of games but to date I have found.....**** all

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CDH

I don't really like charity shops either, this was a cash convertors style place, I've never found anything in charity shops.

Bargain hunting - endless disappointment with the occasional spectacular payoff. A mix of luck, a keen eye and some more luck. And yet the buzz when you find that rare gem is hard to beat :) I rarely check charity shops, but I've found stuff I've been desperately searching for in the most unlikely of places over the years!

MGS3 Subsistence is spectacular, always glad I waited until its release to play MGS3. And SotC - its a one in a million game, bar the frame rate (I jest, I jest!).

Charity shops are very hit and miss. Moreso miss than hit :( Although the odd gem pop up every now and again, giving you the strength to carry on looking in them!

The RAGE has made bargain hunting much more efficient IMO! There's still the thrill of the Ebay chase, but nothing like walking into a shop and having a flick through the selection. Still waiting on that Super Potato Dublin branch, mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Can't wait for the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD collection on PS3 -- 1080p (iirc) and locked 30fps.

And then The Last Guardian, too...

*edit*
    http://ie.ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1162910p1.html
    NOOOOOOOOOOO, DELAYED!!

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

...which is why I bought an XBOX 360 instead of a PS3 last year. :rolleyes:

Master of the Universe

Charity shops just aren't what they used to be for old consoles since that damn EU law was introduced regarding electronics.

About 10 years ago or so they were a goldmine! It may have also been something to do with people back then not being as in to retro gaming as they are now :D

• Advertisement

Charity shops just aren't what they used to be for old consoles since that damn EU law was introduced regarding electronics

If any of you find a Dreamcast Arcade Stick knocking around in one of these gafs, let me know! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement