Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

o1s1n wrote: »
    The only mod you can really do on the Dreamcast is an import switch. How this works is you switch the console to the region you want, put a boot disc in, this flashes some RAM with the correct region and then you put in a game. I have it done myself but to be honest, have never used it once as all burned games have worked whatever the region.

What brand of CD-Rs are you using? Does it make a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,452 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Relikk wrote: »
    Admittedly I didn't try a hell of a lot after the initial disappointment and haven't tried since but, the only shmup I tried was Ikaruga and it didn't boot. :(

Best of luck with the rest, anyhow.

Ikaruga didn't boot? Nooo!!! That's a shame :( I'll try it myself when the adapter arrives. I know Mars Matrix works with no slowdown so at least that's one!
    Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    What brand of CD-Rs are you using? Does it make a difference?

I think they're memorex. Will check when I go home. From my own testing it has never made a difference. I went with cheaper ones in the start due to all the coasters I ended up with from failed attempts!

I think they're memorex. Will check when I go home. From my own testing it has never made a difference. I went with cheaper ones in the start due to all the coasters I ended up with from failed attempts!

Ever had a DC reset on you because of a bad copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,452 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Ever had a DC reset on you because of a bad copy?

I have indeed. But that's when I was making discs out of images which weren't just .cdi. I remember a Jet Set Radio I made always reset randomly. It was jumpy too.

Sometimes you can get a bad rip of the game too. So it might not just be your burning process.

As a rule just stick to .cdi through discjuggler and they'll more than likely all work.

I'm sure there's a way to get .img ones working and the like, but to get you started just try to get the .cdi ones.

I have indeed. But that's when I was making discs out of images which weren't just .cdi. I remember a Jet Set Radio I made always reset randomly. It was jumpy too.

Sometimes you can get a bad rip of the game too. So it might not just be your burning process.

As a rule just stick to .cdi through discjuggler and they'll more than likely all work.

I'm sure there's a way to get .img ones working and the like, but to get you started just try to get the .cdi ones.

Aye, I've been doing that. Still resetting. I was hoping it was something simple. Feck it anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

My two cents worth is if you are burning them always burn them at the slowest speed you can. I have found that Discjuggler 4 and burning them at 2-4 speed. is the best.;)

Now if I could only get my 3DO burnt disks to work.....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

imgburn allows you to burn .cdi files as well. You need to get a plugin for it to work but it tells you where to download it when you try to burn the file.

I've had a few probs with discjuggler on Win7 64bit and imgburn works perfectly for me every time.

My two cents worth is if you are burning them always burn them at the slowest speed you can. I have found that Discjuggler 4 and burning them at 2-4 speed. is the best.;)

Now if I could only get my 3DO burnt disks to work.....:(

Again, I use imgburn for my 3DO discs and they all work fine.
    As you say, burn at the slowest speed you can.
    Also, make sure to burn at the slowest speed your drive supports, not the slowest speed the the recording software reports as this can cause problems with disc compatibility.

ImgBurn:
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_imgburn/

.cdi plugin (very bottom of page):
    http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

Sometimes the dye/surface on the cd can make it temperamental.

Magic iso can convert cdi to iso with the settings-
    http://www.magiciso.com/index.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭gflood

Steve SI wrote: »
    I was in RAGE at the weekend and was a bit surprised with the really high prices myself. Don't know what he's thinking really. Should be building up a loyal base of retro customers and not trying to rip us off. And some of the prices are just mental at the moment in there.

I had actually gone in with a decent bit of money to spend on some retro stuff but decided to get things online after having a look at the prices in the shop. I really want to give a local business the trade but if he keeps charging high prices I'll just go to Ebay and Amazon for my retro hit.

Maybe the owner was in that new "3D Games" shop on Grafton St and reckons he can charge stupid prices for stuff as well :(

RAGE prices are excellent, you know retro is a finite resource right? So really they will just become more expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

gflood wrote: »
    RAGE prices are excellent, you know retro is a finite resource right? So really they will just become more expensive.

Retro is ever expanding so there will be more and more as time passes

Unlike people

It is known that there is an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the product of a deranged imagination.

gflood wrote: »

Read the rest of the comments from RAGE. This has all been sorted/discussed/whatever

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Retro is ever expanding so there will be more and more as time passes

Unlike people

It is known that there is an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the product of a deranged imagination.

Hitchhikers Guide to the galaxy! - What do i win?

keithgeo wrote: »
    Hitchhikers Guide to the galaxy! - What do i win?

I heard the words in my head as the voice of Stephen Fry. Do I get a bonus point or point deducted for referencing the movie and not the books :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Congrats you both win the Answer to Life the Universe

Everything.................................:D

Its 42 by the way

Unless you read the whole series then its

"We are sorry for the inconvenience" :D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

1. Technically "We apologise for the inconvenience" is
    God's Final Message to his Creation
    and not the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything if we're getting embroiled in Hitchhiker's fan wars :pac:

2. Has anyone seen that new beer ad where they rip off Douglas Adams' (serious RIP to the man) story about the biscuits?

3. Oh, right, games. If you haven't played yet: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/hitchhikers/game_nolan.shtml. I think it may still be one of the most fiendishly difficult games ever conceived. Very funny though :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Picked up Bloody Roar on the PS1 at the car boot sale this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Cots1

Picked up Silent hill,warhawk, reloaded and the alien trilogy on ps1 in tallaght

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Cots1 wrote: »
    Picked up Silent hill,warhawk, reloaded and the alien trilogy on ps1 in tallaght

Was looking at those myself :P

She only charged me €2 for Bloody Roar

• Advertisement

Passed them up too. Not really much on offer. I'll check out the one tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Cots1

I've must have looked good got the lot for 6.

I'm only 15 mins away so it's not too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

I live a few seconds away and I'm too lazy to go over:rolleyes:

Don't bother, it's not worth it

*may only be saying this in order to eliminate competition*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Well I popped into Gamestop Tallaght to have a quick look and to my astonishment in the tiny PSP section was a copy of Castlevania the Dracula X Chronicles, yes in an actual shop:eek:

I was flabbergasted, when that game was brand new I couldn't find it in the shops and I happen upon a copy just sitting there.
    The staff members were shocked also and would have bought it themselves had it not been for my ninja skillz:D
    €14.99 not the cheapest game ever but I don't care as I really needed this game

Just back from RAGE. Picked up a very nice condition SNES, almost mint condition with 1 controller/psu and composite video cables. Picked up Super Metroid, boxed Wing Commander and Super Mario All Starts with Super Mario World.
    The games weren't cheap but I said feck it.

Also got a boxed Philips Videopac G7000 for old times sake. Its the first console I think we ever got in the house when I was a kid.
    Think I was about 2 or 3 when my brother got it for his birthday. The console itself is in very good condition I must say.

Will stick up a few pics later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Just won Tales of destiny 2 for the ps1

Here's the Videopac G7000.

dsc3614q.jpg
    dsc3615d.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Steve SI wrote: »
    Just back from RAGE. Picked up a very nice condition SNES, almost mint condition with 1 controller/psu and component video cables. Picked up Super Metroid, boxed Wing Commander and Super Mario All Starts with Super Mario World.
    The games weren't cheap but I said feck it.

Do you mind me asking how much everything SNES related was?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement