Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,554 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Still remember my friend falling off the chair while playing ridge racer and using the controller like it was a steering wheel.

Hey!
    Kerbdog did that back in 1985, playing Chequered Flag on the Speccy!
    He was on a stool in front of the tv playing the pack in game with the Spectrum 48k, you had to play on the keys as well, no joystick, and he was leaning into every corner, bear in mind he was only 4, and then over he went, it was priceless!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I remember when the chopper took off in Metal Gear Solid on PS1, I nearly creamed myself... seemed so realistic!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,015 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Remember it well from the demo. Was the first time I felt vibration being used well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Was the first time I felt vibration being used well.

Hmmm,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,015 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It was no Rez Trance vibrator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

o1s1n wrote: »
    I have a PAL copy of that myself. So can confirm that it was released in PAL regions ;)
    Can only seem to find JAP versions on Ebay ¬_¬
    Time to check the attic and see if my PS1 and shizz is there :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Just bought one of these for my Dreamcast (and any future retro consoles I buy, *hint* PC Engine *hint*).

Saved about €25 ordering it from the USA Inc shipping instead of nabbing one on eBay from the UK. I don't mind all these long delivery times while I get my set up together. Once the hard part of the hardware is done, the fun of game collecting can begin!

SLG 3000 is next on my hit list!

http://www.jammaboards.com/store/cga-ega-yuv-to-vga-converter-pcb-gbs-8220/prod_291.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Am due to collect Super mario Advance 4 (SMB3) for GBA of a fella From adverts on friday, he has been somewhat, how can I put this, difficult to get hold of, so far so we'll see if it actually happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Steve SI wrote: »
    Nah, we need to pump money into the economy, not hold onto all of it.

What money :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,639 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

marko93 wrote: »
    Can only seem to find JAP versions on Ebay ¬_¬
    Time to check the attic and see if my PS1 and shizz is there :cool:

I think the PAL version is meant to be pretty hard to find. It's one of those games that isn't really recognised as rare though, so if it does turn up on ebay you'll probably get it cheap.

Here it is for a tenner in Germany. Unfortunately he only seems to send to Germany though -

http://cgi.ebay.de/Cyber-Sled-Playstation-1-PS-PS1-PS2-/260781547334?pt=de_entertainment_games&hash=item3cb7ca9f46

€25 in Germany but he sends to Europe -

http://cgi.ebay.de/Cyber-Sled-Playstation-1-Sammlerzustand-Spiel-/280669535589?pt=de_entertainment_games&hash=item4159353d65

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm assuming though that the one for €25 is accepting offers. Throw him an offer and see what happens.

Disc only copy for €12.50 Also in Germany. Maybe there's a secret stash of them there!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,639 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That's the weird thing about ebay Germany. If you are ever having problems finding a PAL game, search it over there. Robocop versus the Terminator and Aliens versus Predator on the snes are NEVER on ebay.co.uk, but ebay.de usually has **** loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

My american ps1 collection is going quite well - Tales of destiny 2 arrived today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Warren3 wrote: »
    My american ps1 collection is going quite well - Tales of destiny 2 arrived today
    Very tasty collection...

I can imagine what a few of them set you back, dedication!

Very tasty collection...

I can imagine what a few of them set you back, dedication!

I tried to get one every 2 weeks or whenever there was one going cheap!

Colour me impressed!

Just got tales of destiny one!

Time to stop buying for a bit I think

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Ok not strictly retro but got the megadrive collection on the PSP. Not bad at €4.99

PSP games have gotten so cheap these days!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,554 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I need a manky, cheap psp go now! Missed the ones Gamestop shifted for 50!
    Bugger!

Are Go's able to run home brew and are they region free? If any surface again at that price i might join you in nabbing one for a copy of Darius Burst and that schoolteacher game where he kicks kids heads in.

• Advertisement

They're actually not too expensive to buy secondhand, around the €120 ish mark. Of course a little haggling on prices can go a long way!

Collected a modded SNES off o1s1n today, woo! Although upon plugging it in when I got home I remembered my power supply is fecked. Boo :(

I joined the club today and got Soul Bubbles in GS for a tenner, also traded in Crysis2 and put the resulting 25 off ZeldaOoT, can't wait!

Soul Bubbles is a wee gem of a game.

Am due to collect Super mario Advance 4 (SMB3) for GBA of a fella From adverts on friday, he has been somewhat, how can I put this, difficult to get hold of, so far so we'll see if it actually happens.

Turned out to be quite a nice fella just not much of a talker. Boxed Mario Advance 4 in excellent nick for €10, even had the original receipt with it!

Soul bubbles is brilliant! Well worth purchasing.

Yeah, I "got it", ahem, when it was launched and loved it before being distracted by something shiny in the corner of my eye.
    Now I have the 3DS and the DSi is with my son I want to play some of the better DS games I have only sampled thus far, one of the perils of having a very large collection of games for any format.
    Now I can dip into the DS back catalogue and pick up great games for next to nothing.
    Next up are New Super Mario Bros, 42 Classic Games (for old farts) and little bit of corduroy, sorry I mean Sudoku!

Picross is far superior to sudoku!

Agreed, but I completed the 3d picross game, as well as the regular picross.
    I am currently playing Mario Picross on the GB Micro via emu, brilliant stuff.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Agreed, but I completed the 3d picross game, as well as the regular picross.
    I am currently playing Mario Picross on the GB Micro via emu, brilliant stuff.

Wow doing better than me. Picross is still getting played by me years after I bought it. It's just great for long bus journeys and other long waits.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Now I have the 3DS and the DSi is with my son I want to play some of the better DS games I have only sampled thus far

May I recommend Ketsui Death Label? Admittedly it's boss rush only but it is great fun. Also Puyo Pop Fever and Tetris are great fun if you like the puzzlers. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement